The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: need power rack

Wannabebig Member

need power rack

thinking about buying a powertec power rack can anybody tell me how good a rack this is. should i or not.thanks for any advice.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    I have the powertec rack.. i like it. I haven't used any other racks though, so I can't really compare it to anything.

I've used a powertec rack for the last two years. I like it.
    If money was no object I'd probably go for the elite one, but the powertec one does maybe 70% of the job the elite one would at 10% of the cost.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pathogen View Post
    I have the powertec rack.. i like it. I haven't used any other racks though, so I can't really compare it to anything.
    thanks pathogen for letting me know how you like yours.i'm going to order one.i workout alone in basement,been using a smith,don't like the unnatural path you have to follow.it was o.k. until i started getting heavy with the weight.oh,pleased to meet you pathogen and i'll talk to latter.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTheDestroyer View Post
    I've used a powertec rack for the last two years. I like it.
    If money was no object I'd probably go for the elite one, but the powertec one does maybe 70% of the job the elite one would at 10% of the cost.
    pleased to meet you rick,thanks for input on rack.i'm ordering one.i'm new,been workingout about ayear now.started squats,deadlifts &benching about 6 months ago.so i puchased a smith.it was o.k. for light weight.if i had known what i do now i would have got the rack.your wright about price i've looked at elites.but can't afford one i'm a working man.thanks for help.

Wannabebig Member
    I'm in the same situation, working out alone in the basement.

I think you'll be very happy with your purchase!

I started the same way in my garage. I eventually added two benches (one flat, one adjustable), a good bar (texas power bar), a lot more weight, a GHR, a sled, a squat box with risers, boards, and plenty of chains and bands.
    Now two of my old lifting buddies come out to my house in Bum**** to train 4 times a week... so you'll probably have company eventually. But honestly, it would take a lot before I'd ever consider going back to training in a commercial gym.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTheDestroyer View Post
    I started the same way in my garage. I eventually added two benches (one flat, one adjustable), a good bar (texas power bar), a lot more weight, a GHR, a sled, a squat box with risers, boards, and plenty of chains and bands.
    Now two of my old lifting buddies come out to my house in Bum**** to train 4 times a week... so you'll probably have company eventually. But honestly, it would take a lot before I'd ever consider going back to training in a commercial gym.
    what do you say fellows,yes i like basement much better to,just need a couple good spotting buddies.someone to pressure that next 5lbs or1 more rep out.hard to find anybody my age that wants to hit the iron 4 times a week.rick i've already started on my gym also.3 sets 300lb olympic weights,10 to 50lb dumbell set,curl bar,tricep bar,treadmill (yes i know)but they tell me i have to do alittle cardio.cable machine & smith are on the way out.got agreat big wish list but have to get only one at atime.talk to ya'll fellows latter.