Thread: need power rack

Wannabebig Member

need power rack

thinking about buying a powertec power rack can anybody tell me how good a rack this is. should i or not.thanks for any advice.

Wannabebig Member
    I have the powertec rack.. i like it. I haven't used any other racks though, so I can't really compare it to anything.

I've used a powertec rack for the last two years. I like it.
    If money was no object I'd probably go for the elite one, but the powertec one does maybe 70% of the job the elite one would at 10% of the cost.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pathogen View Post
    I have the powertec rack.. i like it. I haven't used any other racks though, so I can't really compare it to anything.
    thanks pathogen for letting me know how you like yours.i'm going to order one.i workout alone in basement,been using a smith,don't like the unnatural path you have to follow.it was o.k. until i started getting heavy with the weight.oh,pleased to meet you pathogen and i'll talk to latter.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTheDestroyer View Post
    I've used a powertec rack for the last two years. I like it.
    If money was no object I'd probably go for the elite one, but the powertec one does maybe 70% of the job the elite one would at 10% of the cost.
    pleased to meet you rick,thanks for input on rack.i'm ordering one.i'm new,been workingout about ayear now.started squats,deadlifts &benching about 6 months ago.so i puchased a smith.it was o.k. for light weight.if i had known what i do now i would have got the rack.your wright about price i've looked at elites.but can't afford one i'm a working man.thanks for help.

Wannabebig Member
    I'm in the same situation, working out alone in the basement.

I think you'll be very happy with your purchase!

I started the same way in my garage. I eventually added two benches (one flat, one adjustable), a good bar (texas power bar), a lot more weight, a GHR, a sled, a squat box with risers, boards, and plenty of chains and bands.
    Now two of my old lifting buddies come out to my house in Bum**** to train 4 times a week... so you'll probably have company eventually. But honestly, it would take a lot before I'd ever consider going back to training in a commercial gym.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTheDestroyer View Post
    I started the same way in my garage. I eventually added two benches (one flat, one adjustable), a good bar (texas power bar), a lot more weight, a GHR, a sled, a squat box with risers, boards, and plenty of chains and bands.
    Now two of my old lifting buddies come out to my house in Bum**** to train 4 times a week... so you'll probably have company eventually. But honestly, it would take a lot before I'd ever consider going back to training in a commercial gym.
    what do you say fellows,yes i like basement much better to,just need a couple good spotting buddies.someone to pressure that next 5lbs or1 more rep out.hard to find anybody my age that wants to hit the iron 4 times a week.rick i've already started on my gym also.3 sets 300lb olympic weights,10 to 50lb dumbell set,curl bar,tricep bar,treadmill (yes i know)but they tell me i have to do alittle cardio.cable machine & smith are on the way out.got agreat big wish list but have to get only one at atime.talk to ya'll fellows latter.