The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Question Concerning Symmetry and Strength

Ok I searched the forums and couldnt really find my exact problem addressed so I am making a new thread (forgive me if I did not search thorough enough)

Ok so my Biceps are totally out of whack, my left is a full inch bigger (I am just realizing this to btw) than my right. Here is the thing I am right handed and one would normally think the larger one being stronger. I read people giving advice on unilateral movements and doing more sets with the smaller pec/tricep ect ect.. However my smaller right bicep is far stronger than its counterpart.

Soooo what should I do? As of right now I am doing an arms day that is one big tri set mixing up excercises delts/tris/bis with biceps always coming in last. I usually do DBs for biceps and all variations and my form is usually spot on. occasionally I will do some straight bar work but I have not ever noticed favoring one side over the other. I am open to all suggestions and or comments..
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

What does the rest of your routine look like. Curls alone aren't going to build you the arms you desire.

I have strength and size imbalance in my back and I'm doing the BGB routine and it's going really well. My left side - weaker/smaller side - is catching up with my right. I do as many unilateral movements as possible. I only go as far on my stronger side as my weaker side dictates - then I slap an extra set on the weaker side to work it harder than the stronger side.
    Lumiel's BGB Weightlifting Journal

32 y/o, 6' tall, 205 lbs

My back routine consists of pull ups, DB rows, BB rows, and a unilateral pull down machine, cable pull overs. Now I dont do all these excercises every w/o, I like to switch them up but there are always rows, pull downs (usually the unilateral machine,I love that thing) and some form of pull overs.

10-12 sets for back once a week.
    PRs
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Are you going to be competing? If not, is it that big of a deal? My left arm is about .5" smaller than my right. I think it's like that for most people.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Nah No plans on competing, but that could change never say never. however I did know there was a discrepency to begin with but I never knew it was this bad..

I am sure I have many other imbalances but none with a disparity like this.

Yes and no about it being a big deal, yes it is because I dont workout to be an incomplete lifter and whats wrong with wanting to look symmetrical? and No its not that big of a deal because I am not pro by any means and it took me this long to really notice it.
    PRs
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

Wow, this one's interesting.

Hmmm.

Perhaps try doing some dedicated bicep work on the one side during a bulk, perhaps toss in some form of loaded passive stretches during this period.