The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ufc 75

Ufc 75

UFC 75 starts tommrow I've been waiting for this one for a while now.

I think it's gonna be:

Rampage - This is gonna be a close fight either way
    Bisping - I really want hammil to win but Bisping is so good with his knees
    Kongo - I think this guys is really underestimated I have a feeling he's gonna hurt cro cop

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Bisping vs. Hammil is such a good and funny fight. "Woooo!!!" Do you guys remember that haha.

Hammil was looking good before he hurt himself on TUF and Bisping's skills speaks for themselves.

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    I can't wait for these. I'm taking off my Saturday night to watch these fights.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

I can't remember if I've seen Henderson fight or not. I don't know much about him. I've seen a lot of Jackson, and he is a very devastating fighter. I don't care for his personality really, but a lot of that is just showmanship. Apparently he's rather spiritual. I can't say who will win that one.

I want to see Bisping win. I admire Hammill's strength of character in overcoming his disability. But I like Bisping's style better, and I think he will take it.

I think Cro Cop will clean up on Kongo. I'm sure he is out to redeem himself after that fight against Gonzaga. That was a very big disappointment for him I think. I do not think it was a fluke, but when you have hard hitters like Cro Cop and Gonzaga, the fight could easily have went either way. He feels he was beat at his own game by Gonzaga, and I think he will redeem himself.

Hollywood Henderson is going to own Rampage. Only thing that may be confusing is the cage. Then he is going to drop down and own 185 too.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Couldn't find IAMBUFF.COM
    I don't really see rampage being able to bring ANYTHING that Henderson can't handle. His chin is great, his ability to deal with aggression is great. Every aspect of his game is better than rampages. Henderson 2nd round 2min

Bisping needs to fight some talent before we see what he is made of. Hammills take downs and wrestling is great but Bisping has amazing coordination for a 205er and can thrown some knees to defend the takedown. I think Hammill for the upset, but I will be rooting for Bisping. Hammill by decision...lame fight probability. I hope I am wrong!

Kongo and Crocop...wow!?!?!? Crocop is not going to be as aggressive as normal. Generally he finds his range fast and dominates but Kongo is fast, accurate and moves differant than anybody Crocop has faced. He might be alittle gunshy after not taking Gonzaga as serious as he should; or he could go balls to the wall and stay in Kongos face. It will be very interesting to watch because Kongo has been learning very fast and improving rapidly. Idunno...I will stick with experience and say Crocop ground n pound Ref stoppage 2nd rd.

Joe Silva is doing an amazing job bringing these fights together but for god sake where is Brandon Vera and Josh Barnett...what is going on with the middleweights...and why is WEC getting all the 145ers?

Random thoughts...they should have a 205 to 240 Heavyweight and a 240+ SuperHeavy weights.
    I would like to see them redo the weight classes to
    145-feather/ weight
    155-light
    165-bantam
    175-welter
    185-middle
    205-lt heavy
    240-heavy
    240+super heavy
    Nobody has all the answers. Nobody can experience everything. Nobody knows everything.
    Unless you are a Nobody...Ask, Read and Learn

Quote Originally Posted by nddillon View Post
    I don't really see rampage being able to bring ANYTHING that Henderson can't handle. His chin is great, his ability to deal with aggression is great. Every aspect of his game is better than rampages. Henderson 2nd round 2min

Bisping needs to fight some talent before we see what he is made of. Hammills take downs and wrestling is great but Bisping has amazing coordination for a 205er and can thrown some knees to defend the takedown. I think Hammill for the upset, but I will be rooting for Bisping. Hammill by decision...lame fight probability. I hope I am wrong!

Kongo and Crocop...wow!?!?!? Crocop is not going to be as aggressive as normal. Generally he finds his range fast and dominates but Kongo is fast, accurate and moves differant than anybody Crocop has faced. He might be alittle gunshy after not taking Gonzaga as serious as he should; or he could go balls to the wall and stay in Kongos face. It will be very interesting to watch because Kongo has been learning very fast and improving rapidly. Idunno...I will stick with experience and say Crocop ground n pound Ref stoppage 2nd rd.

Joe Silva is doing an amazing job bringing these fights together but for god sake where is Brandon Vera and Josh Barnett...what is going on with the middleweights...and why is WEC getting all the 145ers?

Random thoughts...they should have a 205 to 240 Heavyweight and a 240+ SuperHeavy weights.
    I would like to see them redo the weight classes to
    145-feather/ weight
    155-light
    165-bantam
    175-welter
    185-middle
    205-lt heavy
    240-heavy
    240+super heavy
    Great analysis, and spot on IMO..

Current PR's (updated 19th March.)

Bench: 325lbs/ 145kgs
    Dead: 395lbs/ 180kgs
    Squat: 370lbs/ 165kgs x 1 parallel.

But the great thing about MMA, these will be completely wrong because NOBODY can guess what happens in this sport.

Gonzaga beat Crocop...oh ok...no, he KO'D him...really that's weird...WITH CROCOPS SIGNATURE KICK...BS!
    Nobody has all the answers. Nobody can experience everything. Nobody knows everything.

But the great thing about MMA, these will be completely wrong because NOBODY can guess what happens in this sport.

Gonzaga beat Crocop...oh ok...no, he KO'D him...really that's weird...WITH CROCOPS SIGNATURE KICK...BS!
    Hollywood KO'd Vanderlai Silva for the title, and Rampage KO'd Lidell for the title. This fight should be amazing. My bet is going with Rampage, mostly because I like him better and I think it's literally a 50/50. Also I'm throwing money on Kongo for the reasons stated above, plus a huge ML

Winners: Henderson, Bisping, Cro Cop.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

i personally thought bisping was beat there, to be honest this is one of the first times i have watched ufc, although i had heard of bisping,jackson,liddell etc. but it's a really good show and i will be following from know on.

by the way does any one know why its says bisping fights out of liverpool? there is no way he is from liverpool.

i just need Michigan to win know i backed them in a bet with bisping but its not looking good.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Vince Lombardi

by the way do any of you guys know how terry etim got on, i used to go to school with him. i heard he had a broken wrist but was still going to fight. but hasnt been shown on t.v over here

he's defo got a big future in this.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Winners: Henderson, Bisping, Cro Cop.
    Thats who I will be rooting for

Houston Alexander is a friggin' Velica Raptor!!

Anybody on watchin'?

Yup. Crocop didn't look good at all. He could have capitalized but didn't.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

I'm watching right now too. Cro Cop was a huge disappointment. What the heck? lol...more like what the Cheick. Sorry for the pun.
    But I don't know if Cro Cop will have much of a career after this. Its like he had no desire to fight. He just stood there and basically did nothing the whole fight.
    He did nothing. Kind of strange.
    Its probably not true...but think about it:
    A lot of people were expecting Mirko to take it. Kongo was the underdog definitely. Anyone that had money on Kongo is pretty happy now.

More likely scenario:
    Cro Cop was too gun-shy, demoralised, and scared to fight more aggressively.
    And he was looking for that one magic kick that would win him the fight.
    Kongo won this fair and square.

Got to go. Bisping and Hammill next.

I guess I am just stupid. Yeah, I am stupid.

I thought when spike said that UFC 75 will be broadcast live...I thought they were telling the truth. But, I just found out that what I've been watching, happened several hours ago. so disappointed. I know the results, its spoiled for me. Did anyone else here know this? Am I the only ignorant fool who took spike tv for their word? I'm not a religious viewer of MMA, so maybe I missed something.

If anyone doesn't believe me, go to sherdog.com but be warned, there are spoilers on the front page. (the Bisping Hammill fight I spoiled for myself. iwas (am) so ****** off, I figured, hey why the **** not?)

bisping one thats the biggest bunch of BS ive ever seen in my life. Hammil had that fight it was so obvious.
    Last edited by method115; 09-08-2007 at 09:11 PM.

How the hell did bisping win that fight?!?!Hamill got screwed.

Cro cop was a dissapointment. congo looked good though.
    Last edited by mikey4402; 09-08-2007 at 09:12 PM.
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

That was some strong home cooking (Bisbing) got a real gift. That's bad when screw over someone that has a handicap!
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Of course it is pretaped...it is like 3 am there now.

If it goes to the judges I consider it a loss for both people...
    that was the biggest load of crap I have seen. The Griffin Ortiz fight...close couldda gone both ways the judges didn't screw up that bad, the Penn GSP fight was close and I think they may have made a mistake...this one was crazy!!! They gave Bisping the win so they would not be shot in the parking lot...the judges are getting a serious payoff!!!!!!!!!!

Yea someone already posted on bisping myspace that their his biggest fan but he shouldn't have won the fight.

Of course it is pretaped...it is like 3 am there now.
    I know, I am stupid. I admit it. In so many ways. I should have known better.
    The time difference did occur to me, however. I just assumed that they were some hardcore London fans who were turning out in droves to see their man fight. Its a weekend, I'm usually up late. I'm up late all of the time. Not partying though. I'm too much of a loser for that. I was really looking forward to this and I'm feeling pretty down about it.
    If it goes to the judges I consider it a loss for both people...
    Although I disagree with that statement, the mentality which underlies your perspective is quite understandable. You want to see a good intense fight with a clear victor. But that is not always the case. Take the Cro Cop-Kongo fight for instance. No knockout, but Kongo won that fight. (kneeing dude in the ***** was not a good thing though).
    But anyway, what you said is a good mentality for fighters to have, but probably not a good one for us spectators to have.

The Griffin Ortiz fight...close couldda gone both ways the judges didn't screw up that bad,
    now that fight, my friend, is ancient history. It was not part of UFC 75, it happened April 15 2006. I feel much less embarrassed now.

haha I callled all the fights I knew kongo was underestimated big time. The bisping fight though should have went to hammil oh well.

I was just givin examples of questionable calls by judges