The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fuzzy's 352 squat, 352 RDL, and flawless power clean form. :d

Enjoy!

squats, 330 and 352.

Video

RDL, 308x3, 352x1 (yes, last reps got messy, single was good!)

Video

power cleans, 132x3 (plus a press), 185x2 (no chalk sucks anus!)

Video
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

are you being spotted by male cheerleaders?
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

are you being spotted by male cheerleaders?
    looks like it or hockey lol
    Last edited by samj; 09-15-2007 at 05:25 AM.
    I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts. Time spent away from the Iron makes my mind degenerate. I wallow in a thick depression. My body shuts down my mind.

JOURNAL LONG ROAD TO STRENGTH! CHECK IT OUT
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...90#post1999490

Fuzzy, your RDL's are not being performed correctly. You are using quad drive and that is not the point of the movement.

I am also a bit concerned about your knees with the way you are bouncing at the bottom of the squat. I think you would be better served to lighten the load and control the movement better at the bottom. If you take this advice you will thank me later.

The above said, you are a strong kid! Good work!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Fuzzy, your RDL's are not being performed correctly. You are using quad drive and that is not the point of the movement.
    Is that because his stance is too narrow chris?
    I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts. Time spent away from the Iron makes my mind degenerate. I wallow in a thick depression. My body shuts down my mind.

JOURNAL LONG ROAD TO STRENGTH! CHECK IT OUT
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...90#post1999490

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post

I am also a bit concerned about your knees with the way you are bouncing at the bottom of the squat. I think you would be better served to lighten the load and control the movement better at the bottom. If you take this advice you will thank me later.

The above said, you are a strong kid! Good work!
    Chris, I know about the drive, form just went to **** after the first one. So I made up for it with the good single :d I have no excuse.

Also, I appreciate your concern about the bounce, but you will be hard pressed to find an olympic weightlifter who doesnt bounce out of squats.

Ive actually been trying to practice my bouncing technique. Remember, Im getting massages almost daily, especially legs and knees. I am being conditioned to train heavy often, and lift like this on a day to day basis. I am very well looked after and have my recovery and therapy down to the T... well I dont, coach does.

We can do stupid unhealthy things and get away with it for a very very long time Infact, how many top level Oly guys have major knee issues?

Thanks for dropping by.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Those were some nice numbers. I'm going to have to agree with Chris about tightening up at the bottom. You're getting a lot of sway inward and outward with your knees, which to me indicates that you're not staying tight at the bottom. I think you'd be better served, if not just for larger numbers, in focusing on staying tight at the bottom and trying to control the knee sway.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Chris, I know about the drive, form just went to **** after the first one. So I made up for it with the good single :d I have no excuse.

Also, I appreciate your concern about the bounce, but you will be hard pressed to find an olympic weightlifter who doesnt bounce out of squats.

Ive actually been trying to practice my bouncing technique. Remember, Im getting massages almost daily, especially legs and knees. I am being conditioned to train heavy often, and lift like this on a day to day basis. I am very well looked after and have my recovery and therapy down to the T... well I dont, coach does.

We can do stupid unhealthy things and get away with it for a very very long time Infact, how many top level Oly guys have major knee issues?

Thanks for dropping by.
    If you have an Olympic coach working with you I am less concerned. You are correct that Olympic lifters often rebound out of a rock bottom squat. My concern is your age and if you properly conditioned yourself for it.

Just be careful, I thought I was indestructible when I was young as well.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Ive taken that onboard. However, compare that squat to my form a month or so ago...

Video

Are you still 15 y/o, H.S. football coaches would be all over to play ball. Not sure what Olympic lifters do, but the knee movement inward would concern me more than the bounce. Do O lifters wrap the knees?
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

you're an f 'n machine bro
    Last edited by ZenMonkey; 09-15-2007 at 11:53 AM.
    Sarvamangalam!

Good work fuzzy. Strong lifting.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

wow, you are a monster.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Nice work Fuzzy! Cleans look great... hard to believe you're 15... you look almost 20!
    Last edited by redFury; 09-15-2007 at 01:52 PM.
    - rEDfURY
    Powerlifting since Sept 2006
    My PL Training Journal

Philippians 4:13

"To give anything less that your best is to sacrifice the gift" - Pre

Thanks guys!!!

You're right dude, your power cleans are impressive. I wish I had been coached when I was young. You are going to be amazing when you get older. The olympic lifting program that you are involved with, do you have any that will qualify for international competition? I really think you could in the future. What's the story there?

Hey, just to clarify, I think you are a strength monster for your age!

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyBomber View Post
    You're right dude, your power cleans are impressive. I wish I had been coached when I was young. You are going to be amazing when you get older. The olympic lifting program that you are involved with, do you have any that will qualify for international competition? I really think you could in the future. What's the story there?
    Thanks freakshow! See what i mean about the pull and catch? Much easier for you to see it. Im very proud of my technique, lol./

Well, i hope Ill be amazing to! Yes, we have 2 commonwealth champions at my gym (one in the 85s, other in the 105+@140kg bw) and both of them have done reasoably well at the olympic level.

Just gotta remember HB.... its gonna be hell playin catch up with roided Iranis and Russians.

As for potential international athletes, Im a heavyweight for life, wont go into thr supers so thats th 105s covered, a guy in the 69's, guy in the 77's, and 2 flyweights. Oh, and a massive kid whos gonna make a crazy super. We got a sick youth program going. Were still avery small state and gym though...

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Hey, just to clarify, I think you are a strength monster for your age!
    Thanks Chris.

Is there anyway I could get a cheaper sample order from AtLarge? Right now Im tossing it up between (in order of price) Biotest, Redbak (Aus), AtLarge and Gen-Tec (Aus)

Coach wants me to decide between you guys and Gen-tec. I honestly cant tell and am probably gonna bsse it on taste. heheh

nice squatting there, fuzzy. i've gotta agree with chris on bouncing out of the hole, but i don't know **** about olympic lifting. do they actually teach you that as part of the technique? just be careful, and keep up the good work.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Most excellent work, young Fuzzy.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Quote Originally Posted by RBB View Post
    nice squatting there, fuzzy. i've gotta agree with chris on bouncing out of the hole, but i don't know **** about olympic lifting. do they actually teach you that as part of the technique? just be careful, and keep up the good work.
    Yes, we get taught. I do admit I am not as controlled as I should be, but hey! Im working on it. You can always imrpove form on everything, from curls to snatches.

What is harder is learning to cheat safely and correctly.

and thanks man, mucho appreciated You to Twilo

Come to the US and play football! Do you want to be rich or do you want to row?
    From 155 lbs to 200 lbs (PICS/VIDS INCLUDED)

Height: 6'0"; BW: 202lbs; Age: 24; BF: ~11%
    155lbs [07-01-06] 176lbs [09-14-06] 179lbs [09-21-06] 182lbs [10-02-06] 184lbs [10-18-06] 186lbs [10-23-06] 187lbs [11-08-06] 189lbs [11-19-06] 190lbs [11-21-06] 191lbs [12-21-06] 194lbs [12-31-06]

Bench: 250lbs; Squat: 350lbs lbs; Deadlift: 430 lbs

Military: 111lbsx8; Dips: BWx30; Pullups: BWx10; WChestP: 360lbsx7; 45LegP: 470lbsx20; C Raise: 360lbs; BB Curl: 105lbsx3; Lat Pull: 195lbsx5

You think I could go far in the sport.

I have very little understanding of it...

Money isnt a concern, Im content that I will probasbly live with my parents for a very long time as I train for the Olympics.

All the money in the world wouldent be worth one secons on the platform or medal podium

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    You think I could go far in the sport.

I have very little understanding of it...

Money isnt a concern, Im content that I will probasbly live with my parents for a very long time as I train for the Olympics.

All the money in the world wouldent be worth one secons on the platform or medal podium
    Dude, if you played HS football in the United States, you would be stronger and more built than like 90% of the players. I graduated from a high school that won the State Championship 2 years in a row and many people weren't not your size. I mean you are already stronger and bigger than most of us at this site, and most of us don't represent the average high school football player. For position that is a tough one. You could probably pick many positions from RB to lineman. I would look into it if I were you - seriously.

Last edited by -Superman-; 09-16-2007 at 08:28 AM.
    From 155 lbs to 200 lbs (PICS/VIDS INCLUDED)

Height: 6'0"; BW: 202lbs; Age: 24; BF: ~11%
    155lbs [07-01-06] 176lbs [09-14-06] 179lbs [09-21-06] 182lbs [10-02-06] 184lbs [10-18-06] 186lbs [10-23-06] 187lbs [11-08-06] 189lbs [11-19-06] 190lbs [11-21-06] 191lbs [12-21-06] 194lbs [12-31-06]

Bench: 250lbs; Squat: 350lbs lbs; Deadlift: 430 lbs

Military: 111lbsx8; Dips: BWx30; Pullups: BWx10; WChestP: 360lbsx7; 45LegP: 470lbsx20; C Raise: 360lbs; BB Curl: 105lbsx3; Lat Pull: 195lbsx5