Thread: Westside barbell template?

Hybrid View

Westside barbell template?

I've explored the westside website, and can't find a basic routine template. Could somebody link it for me, or just post a basic routine. I understand there are ME and DE days for the 3 major lifts. Not sure about sets/reps for the ME days. 8x3 at 60-70% 1RM for DE days. Various accessory lifts. That's about all I know. Is there periodization, or does the ME vs. DE day offer the same stimulus as periodization on an continous basis? Any rows or cleans or OLY lifts?

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by manowar669; 09-19-2007 at 11:56 AM.
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

buy a chin up bar, sell the arm curl bar---Roddy

Westside BB is a gym. You're looking for info on conjugated periodization.

Part 1: http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....le=body_129per
    Part 2: http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459671
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Banned
    Here are some pretty good links. Remember the Westside philosophy and do what works for you. Also, there is a big difference between if you train raw or equipped. Make sure you take that into account when reading about Westside.

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=46
    http://www.elitefts.com/documents/ad..._beginners.htm

Quote Originally Posted by manowar669 View Post
    I've explored the westside website, and can't find a basic routine template. Could somebody link it for me, or just post a basic routine. I understand there are ME and DE days for the 3 major lifts. Not sure about sets/reps for the ME days. 8x3 at 60-70% 1RM for DE days. Various accessory lifts. That's about all I know. Is there periodation, or does the ME vs. DE day offer the same stimulus as periodation on an continous basis? Any rows or cleans or OLY lifts?

Thanks for the help.
    This is taken from Elite's website: http://www.elitefts.com/articles/art...aq/default.asp
    What is the Basic Template for bench press workouts?

Wednesday: Max effort bench press training

The max effort exercise: work up to 1 or 3 rep max
    Supplemental exercise: Triceps movement The best exercises for this group include JM presses, and barbell or dumbbell extensions, board presses or rack lockouts.
    Accessory movements: (triceps, lats, delts)
    This includes movements for the lats, shoulders and possibly extra triceps work. The best movements for this group include triceps extensions, rows and various shoulder raises.

Prehabilation Movements: (training of the joints)
    This includes movements for the elbow and shoulder joints: The best movements for this group include external shoulder rotations, pushdowns and sled dragging for two to four sets of 12 to 15 reps.

Sunday: Dynamic bench press training
    Bench Press: Work up to 8 sets of 3 reps using three different grips all inside the rings. (See previous FAQ to determine bar weight).
    Supplemental Exercise: Triceps movement The best movements are close grip bench presses, JM presses, and dumbbell or barbell extensions, high board presses, or rack lockouts.
    Accessory movements: (triceps, lats, delts)
    This includes movements for the lats, shoulders and possibly extra tricep work. The best movements for this group include triceps extensions or pushdowns, rows and various shoulder raises.

Prehabilation Movements: (training of the joints)
    This includes movements for the elbow and shoulder joints. The best movements for this group include external shoulder rotations, press downs and sled dragging for two to four sets of 12 to 15 reps.

What is the Basic Template for squat/deadlift workouts?

Monday: Max effort squat and deadlift training

The max effort exercise: work up to 1 to 3 rep max
    The supplemental movement:
    This will include one exercise for the hamstrings. The best movements for them include partial deadlifts, stiff leg deadlifts, Romanian deadlifts and glute/ham raises for three to six sets of 5 to 8 reps.

The accessory movements:
    One or two abdominal movements

One lower back movement: The best exercise for this purpose is the reverse hyper for three to four sets of 6 to10 reps.

Prehabilation Movements
    This can include exercises for the knee and hip joints. The best movements for this purpose include any type of lower body sled dragging.

Friday: Dynamic squat and deadlift training

The box squat: Work up to 8 sets of 2 reps with prescribed percentage
    The supplemental movement:
    This will include one exercise for the hamstrings. The best movements for the hams include partial deadlifts, stiff leg deadlifts, Romanian deadlifts and glute/ham raises for four to six sets of 5 to 8 reps.

The accessory movements:
    One or two abdominal movements for three to five sets of 6 to 12 reps

a. One lower back movement: The best exercise for this purpose is the reverse hyper performed for three to four sets of 8 reps.

Prehabilation Movements

Thanks for the replies.
    Last edited by manowar669; 09-19-2007 at 12:03 PM.
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

buy a chin up bar, sell the arm curl bar---Roddy