Thread: An interview with Kelly Bruno!

An interview with Kelly Bruno!

Kelly Bruno is an awe-inspiring endurance athlete. Undaunted by a below-the-knee amputation at a young age, she persevered to become one of the premier athletes in the world.

We were lucky enough to catch an interview with Kelly which delves into this year’s competitive season, her workouts, and how she finds the motivation to work full-time and train for the most grueling endeavor in athletics, the Ironman.

For the full interview with Kelly - http://www.atlargenutrition.com/kelly_interview.php

Thanks,

Daniel
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Banned
    its amazing how people can persevere through almost anything.
    there is a guy at my gym who had the same setback and workout like normal. He walks around just find, does leg press and calve lifts along with other leg and upper body workouts.

Amazing article.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I'm very interested to read about the type of strength training best suits endurance trainers - both during and off-season.

Interesting about the lactate threshold and hill work as well. Myself, I don't do these things for endurance purposes - I toss 'em in there to enhance my physique training, but an unexpected perk is that I've never been able to crank up the hills on my bike like I have this summer, and I credit this type of work for allowing me to fake youth a little better this year.

A follow up article on periodized strength-training for endurance athletes would be a very welcome addition along this vein.

Tough lady. So great to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post
    Interesting about the lactate threshold and hill work as well. Myself, I don't do these things for endurance purposes - I toss 'em in there to enhance my physique training, but an unexpected perk is that I've never been able to crank up the hills on my bike like I have this summer, and I credit this type of work for allowing me to fake youth a little better this year.
    This was a really inspirational interview; I really enjoyed reading this.

I'm curious though what she means by specific lactate threshold training.

What sorts of exercises or regimen would this be?