Thread: Approximately how much do you spend per day on food?

Hybrid View

WBB Member

Approximately how much do you spend per day on food?

I'm just curious to see how much people here spend on food per day. I tried to put some numbers to my own food intake, and was surprised to find it was nearly $9/day - and that assumes I only ate food that was prepared by me, as opposed to eating at a restaurant (although I don't do that too often).

So as a quick survey, I'm just wondering:

1. About how much you spend per day on food, and supplements that count as food (i.e. whey protein, gainers, MRPs - basically anything that has a caloric value)

2. About how many calories you eat per day (just ballpark it if you don't use fitday or anything like that, surely you can guesstimate to within 1000)

3. What types of things you typically eat - it doesn't have to be too specific - i.e., milk, oats, McD's cheeseburgers, 5 scoops Nitrean, etc.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
    I'm just curious to see how much people here spend on food per day. I tried to put some numbers to my own food intake, and was surprised to find it was nearly $9/day - and that assumes I only ate food that was prepared by me, as opposed to eating at a restaurant (although I don't do that too often).

1. About how much you spend per day on food, and supplements that count as food (i.e. whey protein, gainers, MRPs - basically anything that has a caloric value)

2. About how many calories you eat per day (just ballpark it if you don't use fitday or anything like that, surely you can guesstimate to within 1000)

3. What types of things you typically eat - it doesn't have to be too specific - i.e., milk, oats, McD's cheeseburgers, 5 scoops Nitrean, etc.

Hmmm... I never thought about it per day. I usually spend about $500 a month on food (sometime a little more), so I guess that comes to a little over $16 per day.
    Last edited by TonyCap; 09-22-2007 at 12:53 AM.

for me its under $5

carbs from oats and pasta
    protein from tins of tuna, eggs, turkey mince and a little bit of whey from PWO
    fats from walnut oil and fish oil caps, and EV Olive oil
    whey from a bulk supplier as well (plain old unflavored for me)

I buy one meal a day at least; So, $7 on average. Protein shakes I won't even try to count. Its too difficult to count everything that counts as a calorie, IMO.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post

1. I would say about $7-9 a day when cutting, $10 - $15 a day when eating above maintenance.

2. 1500-3000, it varies.

3. In a day, 4-6 scoops of Nitrean, about 2 cups of skim milk, 4 eggs, 2oz of cheese, coffee, chicken, beef, pork or fish with veggies, 2-4 tbs of peanut butter.

alot.We eat all the time and sometimes shop twice a day.Plus we like to go out and eat.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Maybe $8-10 a day. I usually spend about $60-70 a week on groceries, sometimes more if I get a great deal on something or decide to buy really good stuff.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

Banned
    1) I spend $60 / week plus a couple of meals out, so somewhere in the $9-$11 range.

2) ~2500 lately, 3000+ when bulking

3) Anything and everything. Pasta, potatoes, beef, chicken, pork, rice, brocolli, salads, whole wheat breads, etc.....and the occasional McD's Double cheeseburger

4 bucks or so.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190