Thread: P90x

Wannabebig New Member

P90x

Hey im thinking about getting the P90X if anyone has tried it can you tell me if it worked for your or not? thanks

never heard of it. there are plenty of effective diets and exercise routines on the board.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Wannabebig Member
    What is it?

Yeah, I know.....Its huge Ockhams_Razor's Avatar
    its the infomercial about the 90 day transformation from nothing to very lean and muscular. its like a cardio workout with light weights. heres the website. it seems like it works, but your not gonna get that strong and/or big out of it if thats what you are looking for. if anything at all, and i say that because most home video workouts aren't anything amazing, you will get some muscle and lose some fat, but i doubt you will get what teh commercial shows. remember, it is a late nite commercial.
    "Only advantage of having a larger ROM in the gym is to punch newbies who try to steal your equipment." -mikey4402

I'm very skeptical of home-video workouts that tell you you can become ripped in 90 days. Wouldn't going to the gym be as easy and you would at least build more muscle if you do it right then with the miracle workout that will transform your from flab to fab overnight.
    18 yrs old
    176 lbs

Just looking to build muscle, not too worried about being cut

First post is this?

Spam
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

buy a chin up bar, sell the arm curl bar---Roddy

Its basically a rip off of Crossfit protocols.
    Face it: biceps are the muscle that classifies you as a muscle man.

Striding across the fields, carrying a vorpal blade, cometh Clawhammer! And he gives a bloodthirsty bellow:

"As sure as predators devour prey, I shall paint the town a sanguine shade of doom!!!"
    Hilarity

Quote Originally Posted by clawhammer_33 View Post
    Its basically a rip off of Crossfit protocols.
    Another one? God, there's like 3 or 4 of them now isn't it?
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

my old roommate bought the DVD's and was all excited about it

I left to go home for the summer (had a job near my real house)...I came back 2 months later and there was a stack of pizza boxes to the ceiling and he was still out of shape

moral: it may work very well, but if you don't put in the time for it you'll never get anywhere. I cannot for the life of me get into ANY kind of routine that I'm supposed to follow from a guy on a dvd...some people can

I prefer barbells and a real gym...not my living room
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

Bench:255 Squat:295 Dead:400
    Snatch:145 C&J: 205
    Chin-Up: +135 Dip: +100
    Max Pull-Ups: 44

CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

You want our weapons!? Come and get them!

Quote Originally Posted by KingWilder View Post
    moral: it may work very well, but if you don't put in the time for it you'll never get anywhere. I cannot for the life of me get into ANY kind of routine that I'm supposed to follow from a guy on a dvd...some people can

I prefer barbells and a real gym...not my living room
    Amen... the thing that gets people in shape is motivation... which is the thing really responsible for those results they tell you about. It's also the one thing money can't buy...
    - rEDfURY
    Powerlifting since Sept 2006
    My PL Training Journal

Philippians 4:13

"To give anything less that your best is to sacrifice the gift" - Pre

P90X is a workout and diet regimine
    I have seen it and done some of the routines
    The diet aspect is nothing that isn't posted on this forum
    The workouts consist of 3 days of resistance...mostly various pullups and pushups, dumbell work but it is not a free weight routine. You train to failure on your pushups and pullups. Squats and lunges are done bodyweight or holding dumbells. Do three excercises in a superset then rest then another 3 excercises, rest...for whatever the workout calls for
    The other days 1 is a "Tai-Bo" style workout, a yoga, and an aerobics type
    after 3 weeks of this you do one week of extreme stretching

His philosophy is "muscle confusion"
    Last edited by drwost; 09-24-2007 at 02:11 PM.

That doesn't sound like crossfit. Sounds like "bodypump" or something that the creator hopes he can franchise to gyms for $$$.

P90X is nothing like crossfit!
    I am not familiar with bodypump

<3's WBB
    Fad exercise. If it gets you motivated and you're doing more, then it can't be all bad. On the other hand, will it be better than lifting weights in a gym? I'd say no.
    21, Male, 5' 10", Cutting
    Starting weight: 228lbs. Currently (05/01/08): 168.2lbs (59.8 lost)
    Alright! I'm done cutting for now. It's been a long ride, I went from obese to average. Now to put some muscle on, then cut again down the road.

Lifting heavy will do a hell of a lot more for you and will do it faster. Studies have been done. It's been proven.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by dscarth View Post
    Fad exercise. If it gets you motivated and you're doing more, then it can't be all bad. On the other hand, will it be better than lifting weights in a gym? I'd say no.
    I agree. But I guess this was designed for people who don't want to lift weights or are looking for an alternative hi intensity work out.

Wannabebig Member
    dude i did that last summer and i took Pro Nos for 2 months the last month i took nitro tech hardcore n it work for me i actually got way stronger that what i was. u just gotta put in the time i liked lifting with the bands it felt much better and got tricepts in about 4weeks still have them. but ill admit it i didnt do it like it said u had 2 sometimes i did it my way n didnt do the ab exercise at the end.
    sometimes i didnt do it at all. but now im gonna do that workout almost everyday n trow something xtra u kno.

Quote Originally Posted by ElCangri787 View Post
    dude i did that last summer and i took Pro Nos for 2 months the last month i took nitro tech hardcore n it work for me i actually got way stronger that what i was. u just gotta put in the time i liked lifting with the bands it felt much better and got tricepts in about 4weeks still have them. but ill admit it i didnt do it like it said u had 2 sometimes i did it my way n didnt do the ab exercise at the end.
    sometimes i didnt do it at all. but now im gonna do that workout almost everyday n trow something xtra u kno.
    There is another p90x thread right on this very forum page. Why would you dig up a 7 month old thread?
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by ElCangri787 View Post
    try english next time
    Sarvamangalam!