The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMass View Post
    I can't believe people eat squirrel pre-poop.

I also can't believe it's not butter.
    LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by samadhi_smiles View Post
    My input to this strange thread:

Yes, I have consumed acorns before. They are quite tasty. When we used to shoot squirrels to eat something, we would slit open their stomachs and a lot of times they would have an acorn paste in them. We would use this to thicken a gravy that we would eat with the squirrel meat. Delicious!
    Gross...really gross...
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

ya'll just haven't lived until ya ate acorn mash from a squirrel's stomach! Great for bulking!

Also, you might not want to mess around kentucky blue grass as it contains a somewhat potent tryptamine (dimethyltryptamine).
    How potent a concentration are we talking here? A little visit from the MAOI fairy and it'd be orally active.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

not very potent unfortunately, although you can order bark from a beautiful tree of the genus Mimosa from the Amazon that has DMT content up to 1%

Oh beautiful spiraling chaos, I bask in your glory Mother DMT.

Oh beautiful spiraling chaos, I bask in your glory Mother DMT.
    You and me both buddy, albeit it's been awhile.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

Acorns

Acorns are very high in tannins, which make them very bitter and astringent when eaten raw. They need to be boiled or roasted, or both to make them palatable. The sweetest nuts come from the white, burr, and chestnut oaks. The black, pin, and red oak acorns are bitter.

To use: Collect the acorns in the fall, when ripe. Remove shells and caps. The shells will come off easier if you first slit them with a sharp knife. Boil the acorns whole for at least two hours, changing the water each time it becomes light brown in color. This boiling removes the bitterness and they become pleasantly sweet. You will find, after this boiling, that they are quite dark brown in color. Toast in a 350 degree F oven for another hour. They can then be eaten as they are or ground into flour.

Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    I have acorns at my place, and buckeyes, but the only non-fruit that falls from my trees that I have contemplated eating is the walnuts... but I heard you have to cook them and can't eat them raw, so I never tried them. Personally, I'll leave them to the squirrels unless the world economy collapses and I turn to scavenging.
    Take a hammer and go eat yourself some walnuts. Used to do it all the time as a kid.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Lol.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Quote Originally Posted by Detard View Post
    Why the **** would you want to eat acorns anyways?
    I lol'd. Not for the comment as much as the comment following the reading others' (including Belial's).

Quote Originally Posted by galileo View Post
    I lol'd. Not for the comment as much as the comment following the reading others' (including Belial's).
    Admit it. You love nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Admit it. You love nuts.
    Mostly because they're free.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumorai View Post
    If they can make goats secrete spider silk out of their nipples, then I would imagine that a "cheese tree" is within the realm of possibility, in the very distant future. Seriously.

And if you are interested in more about the goat/spider silk thing, read this article from 2000:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/889951.stm
    SPIDER GOAT, SPIDER GOAT....DOES WHATEVER A SPIDER GOAT DOES.

Man I love this thread.
    5'10"

Ultra Nasty Hypertrophy journal (HCT-12)-http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...rnal!-(HCT-12)

Old My 5-3-1 Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132576

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Hatfield View Post
    Take a hammer and go eat yourself some walnuts. Used to do it all the time as a kid.
    Yeah, I wiki'd walnuts after I made my post and it said they were edible. Shame too, because I ran over a boat load of them this fall with my lawn mower. lol
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

You had to use wikipedia to find out whether walnuts are edible???

Banned
    lol..

Man, the first page of this threads still makes me laugh. Another classic, though recent, thread of WBB.
    My Journal - Taking Back What is Mine
    5'11" 204 lbs
    Recovering from 2 fractured vertebrae and thyroid cancer

Yeh definitely a classic.

They taught us how to eat acorns among other stuff not normally consumed when I was in the Navy at S.E.R.E.'s school. Just have to get past the bitterness of them. I'm not sure on their nutritional value though.

Wannabebig Member
    Acorns taste really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kcurrin View Post
    Acorns taste really bad.
    And act as window smashers when thrown at cars...
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Banned
    only if you like nuts
    Last edited by getb1g; 02-05-2008 at 08:49 PM.

Since you are looking to eat acorns for food Iím assuming you would be looking for the acorn with the most protein. Out of the six major acorns producing Oaks the Post oak (Quercus stellata), has the highest crude protein values at 6.8, 6.7 Crude Fat, and 18.1 Crude fiber. http://www.na.fs.fed.us/pubs/silvics...s/stellata.htm

Just in case you find you love acorns and want the trees to produce a larger crop.
    http://www.whitetailstewards.com/art...ctionpart1.htm

I have eaten some acorns in the past but itís not the norm for me. Iíve also eaten worms out of Tequila bottles but my taste buds advanced to much better Tequilas.

Iím a big time hunting/fisherman. To be more successful at hunting deer I need to know not only what they are eating but why. I see deer passing over a mile of Oak trees that are dropping enough acorns to cover the ground to get to a certain type Oak. Several deer will be feeding under one out of 100ís of trees for the acorns with the most nutritional values. Pretty wild they know this without ever ready a study.

This you mentioned the Paleolithic diet issue, I read a bit on this subject and remember that it stated that many foods have a natural defense system so certain animals wouldnít eat them. Like wheat has glutens, potatoes and leguens have toxins, and some seeds taste very bitter and are made to pass through to benefit the plant such as an apple. So wouldnít the very bitter nasty taste of a raw acorn mean to stay away from it staying on the Paleolithic diet path?

First off

Quote Originally Posted by Sumorai View Post
    pure speculation, unfounded guesswork, and conjecture.

= the grand theory of evolution.

Secondly, all sarcasm aside, I'd advise you to just leave the acorns to the squirrels and spend the three dollars (possibly less) on either a jar of peanut butter or nuts.
    http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...chu%5Fmacher21 -My Fitday
    "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."-Jesus Christ (John 3:16)
    History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats. -B.C. Forbes
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Sir Edmund Burke

You had to use wikipedia to find out whether walnuts are edible???
    lol

Man, I crack up everytime I see this thread.

**** should be stickied.