Thread: Losing fat through weight training

Banned

Losing fat through weight training

Is there a way to lose fat from weighttraining. Im starting to get a gut from eating more than my activity level needs and I want to lose the fat b/c all people are telling me is "Youre getting fat" etc, which is kind of discouraging. I can see abs when I flex my stomach, and it doesnt look like i have that much of a gut, but i want to prevent health problems from occuring in the future. Are there any exercises (besides things like squats and weighted crunches) I can do with my dumbbells to get rid of the fat? Or should I start ramping up cardio and how should i do that?

Me 2 but all I know is just cut down the food and do cardio to burn off all the fat. dont just eat and eat and eat like these guys tell you they will tell you to eat everything in sight but it doesnt work because u have to eat HEALTHY just cant eat junk food and all that stuff like they kept on telling me. NOW i have all this fat on me and little bit of muscle. for the past 2 years i ate, lifted and sleeped and only got a little bit of muscle but i ate so much that i got fatter now i have a big gut. so i am just hitting up cardio as much as i can and watching what i eat. If u go to www.bodybuilding.com bro they will tell you 2 that u just cant eat and eat and eat and get big, u have to eat healthy food only to bulk but these guys here say to eat pizzas, ice cream, beer and all this stuff and just got me fatter so i know what im doing and im going to follow my own advice for now on bro. just eat healthy, sleep and lift no need to eat all kinds of fatty foods like they say.

You can't spot reduce fat. If you are putting on fat on your stomach you will have to reduce it everywhere. You need to stop over analyzing stuff.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by must_eat View Post
    Me 2 but all I know is just cut down the food and do cardio to burn off all the fat. dont just eat and eat and eat like these guys tell you they will tell you to eat everything in sight but it doesnt work because u have to eat HEALTHY just cant eat junk food and all that stuff like they kept on telling me. NOW i have all this fat on me and little bit of muscle. for the past 2 years i ate, lifted and sleeped and only got a little bit of muscle but i ate so much that i got fatter now i have a big gut. so i am just hitting up cardio as much as i can and watching what i eat. If u go to www.bodybuilding.com bro they will tell you 2 that u just cant eat and eat and eat and get big, u have to eat healthy food only to bulk but these guys here say to eat pizzas, ice cream, beer and all this stuff and just got me fatter so i know what im doing and im going to follow my own advice for now on bro. just eat healthy, sleep and lift no need to eat all kinds of fatty foods like they say.

Jesus

You can eat whatever the **** you want as long as it falls into your calorie/macro range, whatever you want to call it.

Say you need to eat 3000k to bulk up, eat whatever you can find to reach that goal. Of course eating clean will lead to less fat gain, but it won't be an incredible difference. Just make sure you are lifting enough to stimulate growth and your muscle growth should outpace your fat gains.

Once you're done with the bulk just cut back on the calories and keep lifting heavy and the fat will slide off.

It's not rocket science, use your head.
    Last edited by primal21; 10-18-2008 at 09:40 PM.

Agreed, you can't spot reduce and, to gain weight, you have to eat. Even eating clean, if you're eating a surplus to build muscle and get bigger, you will put on some body fat. I wouldn't do fast food and beer all the time, but once in a while certainly won't hurt. LIFT HARD and HEAVY. The more you put into your workouts, the more you'll get out of them.
    Give chalk a chance.

49 years old

665 squat
    700 deadlift
    325 bench

dude. why all the threads?

if you can't to a proper gym for a couple months, then STOP BULKING. stop eating in excess. just do your dumb bell stuff until you get back home to build strength. you've got plenty more strength to build without gaining another ounce of muscle fiber.

you're a skinny teenager. if you go back to normal eating, your metabolism will take care of the fat gain in no time.
    Last edited by Patz; 10-18-2008 at 10:43 PM.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Wannabebig Member
    if you're eating less than you're BMR, you'll lose weight regardless of what weights rep scheme etc you do. just lift heavy to preserve muscle, and eat clean/smart.