Thread: Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex

Wannabebig New Member

Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex

Hello Forums - this is my first post!

I'm hoping for some advice.

I lost a lot of weight last year and began to exercise on my own at home, doing cardio (elliptical), crunches & push-ups and the other days I do weight lifting. I bought a curling bar and use that. I don't know the names of what I'm doing, but for my forearms, tricepts, etc... I do "reverse curls" (palms down on the curling bar) and after I do some lifting that way I raise the bar over my head and lift straight up a few times, then behind my head for a few times.

Anyway, somewhere between curling, push-ups and hitting my wrist on something, I now have ongoing, severe pain in my right wrist (between the ulna bone & hand). My doctor said it was a contusion but today I saw a sports doctor and he thinks it maybe what's called "Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex" (I think torn ligament(s)) that may require surgery.

All that to ask a couple of questions:

1) I began to see upper body results before the injury and want to continue, but is there a way to work the upper body (arms, chest, shoulders, etc..) without using that wrist? Special equipment or something?

2) Has any had "Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex" and have advice?

3) Any thoughts on that product called "The Perfect Push-ups" (rotating push-up bars)?

Any help, tips or advice would be appreciated.

Much thanks,

Paul in Arizona

Do you have access to a gym/would you pay for a membership? You need to be working your whole body, not just doing curls and push-ups.

It's really no suprise you have wrist problems since all you've been doing is variations of curls. Do you use a computer a lot? I used to have sore wrists from sitting at the computer too long/the way my arms rested when at the computer.

As for "The Perfect Push-up", save your money and get a gym membership, as I suggested above. Most of the crunch/pushup machines you see on infomercials are gimmick's.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002