The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ufc 76

Couldn't find IAMBUFF.COM

Ufc 76

Its that time again, when we all give our predictions just to look like fools afterwards. then argue about it later
    I am already drinking and smilies are fun...shut up

MAIN CARD
    Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Forrest Griffin
    Keith Jardine vs. Chuck Liddell
    Jon Fitch vs. Diego Sanchez
    Lyoto Machida vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura
    Tyson Griffin vs. Thiago Tavares
    UNDERCARD
    Rich Clementi vs. Anthony Johnson
    Michihiro Omigawa vs. Matt Wiman
    Scott Junk vs. Christian Wellisch
    Diego Saraiva vs. Jeremy Stephens
    Griffin is learning really fast, has a great chin and can throw bombs...but Shogun is way more experienced and I think will pull out the win (if he can keep his chin tucked and get used to the cornerless octagon. Shogun rd2 ref stoppage

Jardine must stay aggressive and go balls to the wall (like Rampage) to make this interesting. Nobody is the same after their first real KO so new Chuck better be just as fast, choppy and on target. Liddell rd2 KO

Diego is very well rounded, good strikes, good ground game, smooth transactions fast paced.
    Fitch is very well rounded, good strikes, good ground game, smooth transactions fast paced....what a minute!!! This one should be a war. As Dana said has the potential to be fight of the night if not fight of the year.
    I will be rooting for Fitch but.... Sanchez rd3 decision

The rest will be ok fights but Tyson Griffin vs. Thiago Tavares is one you want to watch close. I think it will be a great fight.

As far as Michihiro Omigawa vs. Matt Wiman goes...i think Wiman is alittle camera shy, maybe he should pull a Diaz and roll one before the fight!

8 fights... they are starting to wisen up and make the fightcards shorter to show them all and have them more often.

Anybody wanna spout their predictions???????
    Nobody has all the answers. Nobody can experience everything. Nobody knows everything.
    Unless you are a Nobody...Ask, Read and Learn

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I gave up making predictions after UFC 75.

I will be watching it and looking forward to seeing Shogun in the UFC. Pride has not been doing that well, I wonder if Dana is putting together fights that favors UFC guys. Wonder if he knows something everyone else doesn't.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    I gave up making predictions after UFC 75.

I will be watching it and looking forward to seeing Shogun in the UFC. Pride has not been doing that well, I wonder if Dana is putting together fights that favors UFC guys. Wonder if he knows something everyone else doesn't.
    Yeah, the Pride guys haven't done as well as I thought they would. Rampage is the only one to really look good so far. I haven't seen Shogun fight, but they didn't give him an easy win with Forrest.

MAIN CARD
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Winners
    Machido
    Diego
    Rua
    Liddell
    The 155 fight should be good Griffen and Tavares are both good. Machido is good for people that haven't seen him. Diego vs Fitch should be a good fight.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    MAIN CARD

That is what I anticipate as well.

I'm going:

Chuck
    diego
    shogun

I think the forest griffin fight is gonna be good regardless he can take an ass whopping and keep on coming. I also agree the Diego fight should be really good both are great fighters its gonna be battle especially since Diego doesn't want to lose two in a row. I think the jardine fight is gonna be really quick with chuck knocking the **** out of jardine.

I forgot to add rashad evans and tito at ufc 78 I can't wait for that one. rashad was gun shy the first time they fought. hopefully he'll be alot more ready to fight. I hope after that fight they put forrest griffin and rashad evans that would also be a good fight.
    Last edited by method115; 09-22-2007 at 07:53 PM.

i'm going with Liddell and Rua. i'm not even going to call the Diaz fight, should be a hell of a good one, though. looks like its about that time, gotta head to the tv.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by RBB View Post
    i'm going with Liddell and Rua. i'm not even going to call the Diaz fight, should be a hell of a good one, though. looks like its about that time, gotta head to the tv.
    You mean Sanchez?
    My Journal

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Wow they just announced the winner of liddell jardine will fight wanderli silva that should be great.

Kazuhiro highlight reel

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...arch&plindex=0

This one should be a good fight. I call Nakamura to win this one. He trains under Yoshida and is a Judoka. Ya I'm biased.
    Last edited by Maki Riddington; 09-22-2007 at 08:55 PM.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

AWESOME fight. Tyson is a warrior, loved every minute of it.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

That was a very good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Maki Riddington View Post

Kazuhiro highlight reel

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...arch&plindex=0

This one should be a good fight. I call Nakamura to win this one. He trains under Yoshida and is a Judoka. Ya I'm biased.

hehe another pride fighter loses lets see if rua suffers the same fate.

Damn.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

i'm pulling for forrest (yeah)
    Last edited by bill; 09-22-2007 at 10:16 PM.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold

Jesus I've never really been a fan of griffin but always respected him he was amazing tonite. It's so funny because people thought pride fighters were gonna dominate and they are getting dominated.

I can't believe chuck liddell lost through the whole fight I was laughing like crazy. I can't even imagine what chuck liddell is thinking.

Rogan pointed something out that I was talking with my buddy during the Nog fight a few back. A lot of the Pride guys seem kind of soft, like they could all drop down if they needed to. Rogan said he wondered if cutting was as sophisticated over seas as it here in the states.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Liddell lost? I remember when I started watching UFC thinking that Liddell was invincible, seems like he's getting owned all over the place lately.
    23 y/o, 170 lbs

Do you understand that the second you
    look in the mirror and you're happy with
    what you see, baby, you just
    lost the battle!

wow a couple huge upsets.
    My Journal

hell of a fight by forrest. i was shocked to see liddell go down like that. jardine was hammering him with those leg and body kicks.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Silva was shacking his head when jardine was announced as winner I wonder why? I can't believe dana white has to promote jardine v.s. silva thats gonna be hard to get people into.

Silva and Chuck have both said they want to fight each other for a long time. I would still rather see it than, Jardine. Can't take anything from Jardine but he does have a odd style, maybe Chuck didn't realize how hard it would be to catch him.

Simplistic
    Quote Originally Posted by method115 View Post
    Jesus I've never really been a fan of griffin but always respected him he was amazing tonite. It's so funny because people thought pride fighters were gonna dominate and they are getting dominated.

Two current UFC champions are former Pride fighters.