Thread: Question about benchpress and some more~

Question about benchpress and some more~

Hi again guys. I've been benching since i started training, which is about 7 months ago now, and the last 3 months i started doing something i think is pretty nice, but ppl have all sorts of different opinions on it so I wanted ur pro decision. I basically start on 60 kilos (which is my maximum on a free bench atm, sadly) and do as many reps as i can before i collapse, i then take away 5 kilos and again I do as many reps as i can before i collapse, all the way down to just the bar. Is there any better way?

Also, as I don't rly speak english I just learned from reading stickies etc what squats and deadlifts are, and i realized Im not doing them. Some ppl claim u can work out only doing benchpress, squats and deadlifts, is this true? And also: What musclegroups do theese 3 exercises train? Could I combine theese 3 with an xtra biceps and triceps exercise? Cause nowadays my workout takes like 2-3 hours cause of lots of exercises, which is pretty long.

(If any of this is in the sticky I apologize, I looked but didnt find it, guess some of this is very given to u.) Thanks!

Last edited by ZenMonkey; 10-05-2007 at 06:11 PM.
    Sarvamangalam!

What your describing is a drop-set, thats if you keep going without rest between drops. If you are, drop sets can be very beneficial. I like to do them anytime I feel as though I'm getting into a plateau.

allright, could deadlifts, squats, bench and freeweights on triceps and biceps cover all the muscles i need? im thinking maybe i wont get any muscles in the neck area for instance

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMonkey View Post
    Bench, Row, Pullup, Oh Press, Squat, DL

Can u please define pullup for me, I suck at english
    And: do u see this as a good routine?

Try looking at the WBB1 weightlifting routine on this site... it will show you where to start.
    - rEDfURY
    Powerlifting since Sept 2006
    My PL Training Journal

Philippians 4:13

"To give anything less that your best is to sacrifice the gift" - Pre

As Red said, stick to a basic compound focused routine for now.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!