Thread: Can I wake up and immediately drink my Pre-WO Drink then head to the gym?

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar

Can I wake up and immediately drink my Pre-WO Drink then head to the gym?

Or do I need to eat a big Pre-workout meal (fast digesting protein and complex carbs) first, wait a couple of hours, THEN have my Pre-workout drink and head to the gym?

Lately I've been just waking up and jumping right into it, but I've been reading articles saying you should get a good pre-workout meal in a couple of hours before, especially after having just woken up.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Just get some food in your before hitting the weights. Its really not that complicated.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

just be careful early in the morning. sleeping = spinal decompression. from some of what I've read that can increase vertebrate/disc injuries on load bearing exercises like squats and deadlifts.

Wannabebig Member
    I wake up at 5 am drink a protein shake with 3 scoops of protein total of 75g and work out at 6 am started this about 6 months ago and went from 350 lbs down to 280. my bench went from 300 to 425 and I have dropped my body fat from a whopping 37% down to 18%. It is not when you work out but how you work out but you do need something in you in the way of protein and cal.
    Train for the pain........Reap the gain

The pre-workout shake should be just fine.

Remember to take the extra time to really warmup in the mornings.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg