Thread: A Few Simple Questions

Wannabebig Member

A Few Simple Questions

Hello, I have a few questions about dieting and other eating habits...

1) How do all of you guys take in all of those calories each day but still not gain any fat but gain muscle?

2)What is so important in taking in so many calories when doing bulk weeks?

3)Why is it that Protein seems so vital to lifting? What does it do for you?

4)Can you lose weight and gain muscle mass at the same time?

So sorry if these questions seem really stupid. I have read stickies and such. Also I have read the Article on Protein, but it seems so overwelming and confusing. I am pretty new to alot of this and sorry if I seem uneducated when it comes to what I have to eat to see better results. But that is why i am here, to learn more about eating properly for weightlifting, and I am hoping alof of you guys can help me do so.

Thanks

Note: If you wan't to learn more about me check out the introduction section.

Quote Originally Posted by Siked View Post
    Hello, I have a few questions about dieting and other eating habits...

1) How do all of you guys take in all of those calories each day but still not gain any fat but gain muscle?

We don't... Anytime you're gaining weight you're going to have to accept some fat gain/

2)What is so important in taking in so many calories when doing bulk weeks?

How are you going to gain weight if you're not getting in a lot of calories?

3)Why is it that Protein seems so vital to lifting? What does it do for you?

Muscles are made from amino acids (protein!)

4)Can you lose weight and gain muscle mass at the same time?

Maybe.. It's like a Unicorn.. Only old crazy ****ers and dumb kids think you can. You have to REALLY know what you're doing for this to ever happen.

So sorry if these questions seem really stupid. I have read stickies and such. Also I have read the Article on Protein, but it seems so overwelming and confusing. I am pretty new to alot of this and sorry if I seem uneducated when it comes to what I have to eat to see better results. But that is why i am here, to learn more about eating properly for weightlifting, and I am hoping alof of you guys can help me do so.

Thanks

Note: If you wan't to learn more about me check out the introduction section.
    See above.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

To build things in the world you need energy. Think of protein as the bricks of a house just for your muscles. The bricks arent going to arrange themselves to make a house. You need to put the bricks in the right place use cement... ect. For this to happen we need workers to do it. Our bodies need calories (essentially energy) to put everything in the right place.

Simple put, you need to eat a lot of food so your body has enough energy to build muscle. That is why we eat so much.

And you can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time gut as said above, its difficult. You have to know what your doing. Generally, if your a lazy person who never does anything active and all of a sudden starts lifting heavy and regularly, for a few months you will actually lose fat and gain some muscle but this is short lived.
    Last edited by BFGUITAR; 12-23-2007 at 03:14 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    Hmmm ok I am starting to get this now. Thanks that actually helped me quite a bit

Banned
    Just eat, dude. Don't eat fast food or candy. Eat until you're full. Then eat some more. That's the easiest way to gain weight.

You can't gain muscle without gaining some fat. So, eat up.