Thread: Hey, here are a few transformation pics

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Hey, here are a few transformation pics

Hey, i just want to introduce myself. My name is Arthur, ive been a member since 2003, never really said much at all on the forums, but ive used a lot of good information thru out the years. I never really got serious till 2005, ive been lift pretty hard. My diets not the greatest but i manage. I have a crazy metabolism (example - if i eat about 3 decent meals a day during the course of a week, i lose between 10-12 pounds a week. true story, i dont know why that is).

Im currently 21, 6'4 and weigh about 190. been struggling to keep that weight for a long time now. Ive recently invested in some protein supplements and some weight gainers. Never really got into that whole business b/c i figured why spend money on supplements when u can get it from the right foods. But now with school and work starting up again, i have no time to eat and don't want to lose all that hard work from he summer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rizzle; 10-12-2007 at 02:49 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    now heres 2 years later
    A few things im trying to improve on are my shoulders and legs, ive only started doing leg about a year back.. i know the angles not great but ill try and get some better pics soon
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a sizeable transformation, Arthur! I was 135 when I started at 22, and I never made it past 170 till I was almost 30, so great work! Some nice arms and pecs you got growing there.

Based on my experience, I'd advise trying to have 30-35g of protein every 2.5-3 hrs. It doesn't matter if it's in shake or food form, as long as you get it in. I wouldn't worry too much about fat content unless you feel you start getting fat.
    Train yourself to eat even when you're not hungry, if possible. It's incredibly hard for some people (as it was for me), but once I got the diet in better shape, the gains just kept piling up, and my shirts started getting too small. (I like that part).

Keep up the good work. If you wanna discuss anything else, let me know. I've been where you are, actually even moreso, and if I can hulk out, I'm sure you can as well.
    Last edited by hulkinout; 10-11-2007 at 08:42 PM.

looks like you've made some good progress. just keep it up, and be sure to hit those legs hard. they seem to be lagging behind your upper body.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

looking real good dude, big difference

Good progress. I think your leg picture is funny, though. It looks like you got caught in the bathroom with your pants down.

Keep up the good work.

Wannabebig Member
    nice gains. think u have a great base to start going really heavy now.

hope to watch your progress.
    goal : get 10-12% BF, and get really strong.

rebuilding the foundations Herandi's Avatar
    great progress there keep up the good work and you'll be a monster in no time
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Wannabebig Member
    thanks for all the great reply's. i know when i first started working out back in 03' i wasnt making much gain at all, until i read posts that said, in order to gain any mass you have to eat like a horse. I think that was probably the hardest thing for me, to actually train my self to eat after i was full.

I have a question for shoulders, now im starting to think its genetics, cause im really having a hard time getting nice traps. Any suggestions on work outs that i can do besides shrugs?

Whic set of pictures are when you're 6'4"/190 lbs? I'm guessing the second (more mass) set, but you look heavier than that.

You had some badass progress. Good inspiration for all the ectos out there

Learning as I progress
    Congartz on the progress.
    Complication breeds desperation.

Exellent work. Try and get your diet good, and don't forget your heavy major compound movements and you should keep growing.
    Have you noticed how much harder it is to get past your current weight after your noobie gains ended?
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WORLD View Post
    Have you noticed how much harder it is to get past your current weight after your noobie gains ended?
    yeh definitely, im having a hard time breaking the 190 mark. I figure with the protein and weight gainer i bought the other day should help me break that mark. Ill let you know in another month or so on my progress.
    Also i hear having a good spotter helps tons:/

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzle View Post
    yeh definitely, im having a hard time breaking the 190 mark. I figure with the protein and weight gainer i bought the other day should help me break that mark. Ill let you know in another month or so on my progress.
    Also i hear having a good spotter helps tons:/
    You made nice gains, but to me it honestly sounds like you have tons to learn. But that's a good thing, because the more you learn the more it will benefit you, and you have a good base to work with.
    A weight gainer will help you get the calories you need easier. Have you found out how many calories you need in order to maintain your body weight? Find that out, it's a good start.
    The protein you bought will help you get the necessary protein you need easier as well, plus it's great for after training. Learn the basics of "bulking" and nutrition in general and you will be heading in the right direction.
    I can't say that a spotter will help you in any other way than if you lift too much damn weight. I do think that having a good, focused, knowledgable training partner can keep you motivated and make workouts 'fun'.
    Believe me, we are all busy with our lives,and a lot of us make time to do it right. You can too, it just takes practice and it all becomes routine.

Hope I helped a bit, good luck. pm me is you have more questions. There is a lot of good threads on here, as well as great articled all over the internet. read read read!
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

Good job bud...Looks like you have put on very little fat as you progressed. Time for a bulk!!
    [7/1/07]__170lbs.--[7/15/07]_177lbs.--[9/23/07]_185lbs.---[10/13/07]_187.5lbs--[10/27/07]_191lbs.--
    [12/1/07]_197lbs.

MY JOURNAL---MY FITDAY
    Bench_235x1---Deadlift_365x1---Squat_???

Wannabebig New Member
    nice progress, man

Nice job Rizzle.

Go to Fitday and track what you eat. Calories, fats, protein, the whole nine yards. Then make adjustments accordingly.
    Stats: (11/1/2009)
    Ht: 6'1"
    Weight 250#

Combat Infantryman
    Good work. Your nipple rings really offset the big picture of Jesus in your first set of pics.
    U.S. Army Infantry
    Eastern Michigan University Eagle

Wannabebig Member
    awesome stuff man!

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikkstah View Post
    Good work. Your nipple rings really offset the big picture of Jesus in your first set of pics.
    heh yeh i just took those out recently, they caused way to many problems. Except now when im at the gym doing chest, it looks like i have T.H.O :/ i dont recommend getting your nipples pierced, unless you get both for symmetry.

Bako Lifter

Well i do close grip and wide grip pull ups, sometimes weighted. Is that what your referring too??

Great progress dude, you look great. Do you do hang cleans at all? Those will hit your traps really hard, not to mention the rest of your upper body.