The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

For those who like country music..

Garth Brooks is supposedly making a come back. The article: http://www.planetgarth.com/news/article.php?cid=01263 . Also tune into his website for a live broadcast, today at 10am: http://www.garthbrooks.com . I am glad he's coming back *crosses fingers*, guy was damn good. Personally I think he can do it, what does everyone else think?

By the way, this isn't a thread intended for people to talk about how they don't like country music or to make comments like "how could anyone listen to it" etc. Hence the title "For those who like country music".
    Last edited by diesel_dan; 10-15-2007 at 06:17 AM.
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 210

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Not a huge fan of Garth but good luck to him.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

I've heard his knew song that he put out. It's pretty good. Always been a big Garth Brooks fan, so I'm glad he's coming back.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Yeah, I just heard the new song too. Pretty good. Another thing is, he's doing a great deed to a foundation for breast cancer. Something called the "pink edition" of his new greatest hits album. Of each album sold, going for $15.00, $10.00 will be donated to the Susan G. Komen foundation. They are planning on raising millions.

Having an aunt that went through breast cancer and still is dealing with the effects, that means a lot to me.
    Last edited by diesel_dan; 10-15-2007 at 07:27 AM.

I'm not surprised. I've always heard he was a pretty good guy. Always seemed pretty personable when you saw him with fans.

I agree, I've always got the same impression of him him. Did you happen to catch his live performance this morning on ABC news? For being out of it for so long, it still looked natural to him. Although, the crowd wasn't no where as big as what he was used to.
    Last edited by diesel_dan; 10-15-2007 at 07:42 AM.

True country music has fallen off quite a bit as of late. It has been replaced with all this pop/country. I didn't catch the performance but it isn't all that surprising to me that the crowd wasn't that large. I'm sure once he picks up steam with this new album, things will start to blow back up.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    Sure hope it wouldnt be like that other comeback CD he made were he changed his name.

Garth is good, but good ole George Straight is better imo, keeps it simple, keeps it classic, and keeps it oddly enough contemporary. in a since he kept country, country and brought his style to modern times. his last CD was great, plus the man has 55 number one hits, cant go wrong with ole george
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Quote Originally Posted by BigCorey75 View Post
    Sure hope it wouldnt be like that other comeback CD he made were he changed his name.

Garth is good, but good ole George Straight is better imo, keeps it simple, keeps it classic, and keeps it oddly enough contemporary. in a since he kept country, country and brought his style to modern times. his last CD was great, plus the man has 55 number one hits, cant go wrong with ole george
    There's no disagreement there (well besides George Straight being better). Garth and George are the only two country singers that I cannot choose between. They are both just that good. Well, actually there are a few of them that are as good too (IMO), but they just haven't achieved what those two have. A couple that come to mind: Alan Jackson, Clint Black & Tim McGraw. That is just a vague list.
    Last edited by diesel_dan; 10-15-2007 at 10:34 AM.

George is the man, I wouldn't trust my wife around him or even my mom. lol
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    Goerge Straight is the only person who can make a Sad song, lost love song, new love song, divorce song, song about texas, song about strong love, song about drinking, and just a random off the wall funny song and do it all well

he has wide range.

Garth was a little more rock and roll which was ok and he has some good songs, but when i want some good ole stuff, cant get to much better than George imo, garth is great tho, just not George...lol

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

To each their own I guess. Don't get me wrong though, George is good, no doubt about it. I'm just not putting him as the best. Hell, I'm not even putting anyone as the best. I like them all for different reasons.

My wife has a picture of her with Alan Jackson (actually a cardboard cutout) on her dresser.

Just in case I need to know where I stand.

I like the old style country music a lot too. I can't stand the new Nashville stuff though. Ex. Kenny Chesney, Toby Keith, ...... I listen to Texas Country all the time though. It's a whole different style. Way more rock than Garth. The bands sound a lot more like southern rock than anything
    JESUS KICKS ASS!

Life's too short to live in caution. Life's too long not to live at all.--Van Zandt

It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not.--Van Zandt

MYJOURNAL

MY FITDAY

Quote Originally Posted by BigCorey75 View Post
    This wasn't a comeback album! It was the premise of creating a new "identity" and experimenting to put a CD into the pop market... with the option of doing a movie about it. It didn't work.

But it was most definitely not a comeback album!
    Check out my Training Journal HERE

105kg Open IPF Classic Provincial record holder in the squat, bench, deadlift, and total.

what ever in the hell it was he should have rethought it completly..lol

The new Haunted Cd is pretty cool....