Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1314

Thread: Impossible is Nothing..the jounrey of DGabe

  1. #1076
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cherry Hill
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaccio View Post
    You squatted first. That's a heavy load AFTER squatting. Don't forget you're pausing reps too. That takes a very lot out of you. You did really well. Enjoy the successes. There's really nothing to learn from that miss except understanding that benching with a pause after squatting is a completely different animal.
    x2 you were spent bud. At a meet I usually count on hitting 20lbs less on my bench then I can in the gym.
    Sam Sweigart
    Best meet lifts @ 220
    Squat-755lbs.
    Bench-465lbs.
    Deadlift-625lbs.
    Best Total-1825lbs.
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...=1#post2251520

  2. #1077
    Got Intensity? DGabe24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmanuel View Post
    just looked a bit heavy but you'll smoke it next time. When's the next meet?
    No idea, definitely gonna train for a while before the next one. In no rush, I love them, but I want to have some significant improvements before the next meet.

    I am glad I got one under my belt though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaccio View Post
    You squatted first. That's a heavy load AFTER squatting. Don't forget you're pausing reps too. That takes a very lot out of you. You did really well. Enjoy the successes. There's really nothing to learn from that miss except understanding that benching with a pause after squatting is a completely different animal.
    Quote Originally Posted by sambone View Post
    x2 you were spent bud. At a meet I usually count on hitting 20lbs less on my bench then I can in the gym.
    Yep, I agree. Just wanted to make sure nothing really stood out to you guys. Looks like I just had an empty tank and a little weak for 375.

    Definitely shooting for 405 in the near future.
    Don't asker for a light load, but a strong back.

    JOURNAL


    Best Meet Lifts @ 220 Raw:
    Squat - 475
    Bench - 355
    Dead - 500
    Total: 1330

  3. #1078
    JERSEY IRON Brian C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    5,392
    You'll be hitting 375 in no time. One thing though, your setup looks awesome. Great arch bro
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

    Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

  4. #1079
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    989
    Just because you didn"t get 375 at the meet what's up? did you retire? nothing all week? thought you'd be back at it by now. how about saturday?
    JERSEY IRON MEMBER
    BENCH ONLY

    BEST BENCHES PRE INJURY(JUNE 12)
    780@242 MP
    820@275 MP

    BEST BENCHES POST INJURY
    705@275 SP

  5. #1080
    WBB Team Captain Coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Jacob's ladder
    Posts
    35,261
    Quote Originally Posted by t gale View Post
    Just because you didn"t get 375 at the meet what's up? did you retire? nothing all week? thought you'd be back at it by now. how about saturday?
    Leave dude alone, can't you see he needs a break, lol -

  6. #1081
    Got Intensity? DGabe24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian C View Post
    You'll be hitting 375 in no time. One thing though, your setup looks awesome. Great arch bro
    Thanks man, did a lottt of stretching to loosen that lower back up.

    Quote Originally Posted by t gale View Post
    Just because you didn"t get 375 at the meet what's up? did you retire? nothing all week? thought you'd be back at it by now. how about saturday?
    I lifted tonight big guy, relaxxxx lol


    Me and Vizz will be there Saturday for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Leave dude alone, can't you see he needs a break, lol -
    I know right? You think my own crew would cut me some slack!! Haha thats what makes em the best, they dont cut anyone slack



    Upper body work

    Hammer Strength Decline Press (weight per side x reps)
    +45 x 15
    +90 x 10
    +135 x 10
    +160 x 8

    Pullups (BW)
    x 6
    x 6
    x 6
    x 6
    x 6

    Face Pulls
    2 x 20


    Done. Definitely glad to be back moving some weight, but my hips are still SHOT lol
    Last edited by DGabe24; 12-10-2009 at 08:19 PM.
    Don't asker for a light load, but a strong back.

    JOURNAL


    Best Meet Lifts @ 220 Raw:
    Squat - 475
    Bench - 355
    Dead - 500
    Total: 1330

  7. #1082
    Wannabebig Member cvizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    75
    Your signature should just say, "I'm cocky as hell"
    lol good to be back in the gym wit you my man

  8. #1083
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    989
    I was messing around. Glad to see you didn't go crazy first day back. Save that for Saturday
    JERSEY IRON MEMBER
    BENCH ONLY

    BEST BENCHES PRE INJURY(JUNE 12)
    780@242 MP
    820@275 MP

    BEST BENCHES POST INJURY
    705@275 SP

  9. #1084
    Got Intensity? DGabe24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by t gale View Post
    I was messing around. Glad to see you didn't go crazy first day back. Save that for Saturday
    Definitely a good day, kinda puss*ed out though. I should have pushed harder.




    Free Squats
    135 x 5
    225 x 5
    315 x 5

    Box Squats
    225 x 5
    225 x 5
    225 x 5
    225 x 5
    225 x 5
    225 x 5
    225 x 5
    225 x 5

    Abs
    x 20

    GHR x 10

    Ukranian
    1 x 12

    Lower back was tight. S joint popped out, and I was leaning forward on my squats. Definitely a great day, got some good coaching, a good lift, and a much more clear idea of where my weaknesses are.
    Don't asker for a light load, but a strong back.

    JOURNAL


    Best Meet Lifts @ 220 Raw:
    Squat - 475
    Bench - 355
    Dead - 500
    Total: 1330

  10. #1085
    Jersey Iron Barbaccio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somerdale, NJ
    Posts
    1,454
    You guys did really well today D-man. You got a big giant ass to squat with once you learn how to use it.

    sponsored by

    Don't Flinch.
    Jersey Iron Gear!
    Tone on Facebook
    880/820/770/2415 Geared
    680/530/750/1960 Raw

  11. #1086
    Got Intensity? DGabe24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaccio View Post
    You guys did really well today D-man. You got a big giant ass to squat with once you learn how to use it.
    LOL Im used to gettin it from my fam about my "black girl" ass...now I gotta get it from you guys...great.
    Don't asker for a light load, but a strong back.

    JOURNAL


    Best Meet Lifts @ 220 Raw:
    Squat - 475
    Bench - 355
    Dead - 500
    Total: 1330

  12. #1087
    Jersey Iron Barbaccio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somerdale, NJ
    Posts
    1,454
    Quote Originally Posted by DGabe24 View Post
    LOL Im used to gettin it from my fam about my "black girl" ass...now I gotta get it from you guys...great.
    Great, now you're cocky AND racist. LOL

    sponsored by

    Don't Flinch.
    Jersey Iron Gear!
    Tone on Facebook
    880/820/770/2415 Geared
    680/530/750/1960 Raw

  13. #1088
    Got Intensity? DGabe24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaccio View Post
    Great, now you're cocky AND racist. LOL
    Hahaha...nah, I embrace the massive glutes.

    I remember Louie saying a powerlifter is only strong as his glutes and lower back. I have one of the two, haha

    Gotta learn to utilize em like you said.
    Don't asker for a light load, but a strong back.

    JOURNAL


    Best Meet Lifts @ 220 Raw:
    Squat - 475
    Bench - 355
    Dead - 500
    Total: 1330

  14. #1089
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cherry Hill
    Posts
    296
    I would tell you how good you did today, but I'm sure you already know.....





















    ah fu(k it. Good job today bootylicious.
    Sam Sweigart
    Best meet lifts @ 220
    Squat-755lbs.
    Bench-465lbs.
    Deadlift-625lbs.
    Best Total-1825lbs.
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...=1#post2251520

  15. #1090
    Jersey Iron Barbaccio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somerdale, NJ
    Posts
    1,454

    sponsored by

    Don't Flinch.
    Jersey Iron Gear!
    Tone on Facebook
    880/820/770/2415 Geared
    680/530/750/1960 Raw

  16. #1091
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    989
    Good job today Dave. They will definetly get you stronger down there. remember knees out.
    JERSEY IRON MEMBER
    BENCH ONLY

    BEST BENCHES PRE INJURY(JUNE 12)
    780@242 MP
    820@275 MP

    BEST BENCHES POST INJURY
    705@275 SP

  17. #1092
    Got Intensity? DGabe24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by sambone View Post
    I would tell you how good you did today, but I'm sure you already know.....





















    ah fu(k it. Good job today bootylicious.
    LOL you SOB.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaccio View Post
    Haha lotta good laughts outta that one.

    Quote Originally Posted by t gale View Post
    Good job today Dave. They will definetly get you stronger down there. remember knees out.
    Yea, gotta focus on that. Looking forward to improving my techniques.
    Don't asker for a light load, but a strong back.

    JOURNAL


    Best Meet Lifts @ 220 Raw:
    Squat - 475
    Bench - 355
    Dead - 500
    Total: 1330

  18. #1093
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    552
    Nice job at the meet man, you did great. Can't wait to lift with you guys. Where are you two at in North Jersey?
    My Log: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132038

    "Train to be a mother****er" -Jim Wendler

  19. #1094
    Senior Member cphafner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    7,701
    lifts looked great. You smoked those deads and squats!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

    I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

    "you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

    "Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

    From A Body Builder is Born

    i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

  20. #1095
    Got Intensity? DGabe24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by ehopkins932 View Post
    Nice job at the meet man, you did great. Can't wait to lift with you guys. Where are you two at in North Jersey?
    Thanks man, Passaic County. West Milford, how about you?

    Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    lifts looked great. You smoked those deads and squats!
    Thanks man, lookin forward to shootin for an elite total.
    Don't asker for a light load, but a strong back.

    JOURNAL


    Best Meet Lifts @ 220 Raw:
    Squat - 475
    Bench - 355
    Dead - 500
    Total: 1330

  21. #1096
    JERSEY IRON Brian C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    5,392
    North Jersey...Giants country trolls...blah.....;P

    Think I'm doing Newark raw. Felt good training w/o any gear so why not..
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

    Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

  22. #1097
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    552
    Im in New Providence. Your about an hour away from me. Maybe we can find a gym somewhere in the middle? Im not sure how you and Viz go about your training when your at home. If we all got day passes or something like that to ymca its probably very inexpensive.

    You guys are more than welcome to come to my house to train. Only a humble rack, pulley machine, some adjustable dumbels, bands, and boards w/ up to 400 in weight. I built a squat box too.

    Let me know man.

    Also, are you planning on totaling elite in the APA raw? I cant seem to find there classifications.

    There in a raw world cup WNPF meet in Bordentown NJ on Feb 20. Im not sure if its invite only or when you are planning on competing next. I emailed the meet director to see if anyone can enter but I havent received a response yet.

    Good luck with everything
    Last edited by ehopkins932; 12-13-2009 at 03:26 PM.
    My Log: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132038

    "Train to be a mother****er" -Jim Wendler

  23. #1098
    Got Intensity? DGabe24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian C View Post
    North Jersey...Giants country trolls...blah.....;P

    Think I'm doing Newark raw. Felt good training w/o any gear so why not..
    Yeah man, why not. You know I'll be there to support.

    Quote Originally Posted by ehopkins932 View Post
    Im in New Providence. Your about an hour away from me. Maybe we can find a gym somewhere in the middle? Im not sure how you and Viz go about your training when your at home. If we all got day passes or something like that to ymca its probably very inexpensive.

    You guys are more than welcome to come to my house to train. Only a humble rack, pulley machine, some adjustable dumbels, bands, and boards w/ up to 400 in weight. I built a squat box too.

    Let me know man.

    Also, are you planning on totaling elite in the APA raw? I cant seem to find there classifications.

    There in a raw world cup WNPF meet in Bordentown NJ on Feb 20. Im not sure if its invite only or when you are planning on competing next. I emailed the meet director to see if anyone can enter but I havent received a response yet.

    Good luck with everything
    Im gonna train for a few months before I think about anymore meets. Got a lot on my plate right now with finals, and school..can't think that far ahead haha.

    I'm sure we can find a gym somewhere in the middle to meet up at for some good lifting. Probably only 5-10$ for a day pass.
    Don't asker for a light load, but a strong back.

    JOURNAL


    Best Meet Lifts @ 220 Raw:
    Squat - 475
    Bench - 355
    Dead - 500
    Total: 1330

  24. #1099
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    552
    Sounds good man
    My Log: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132038

    "Train to be a mother****er" -Jim Wendler

  25. #1100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    989
    Good job tonite. way to push. Relax you did good, can't kill it every night. Prs don't come every night ut atleast you learned something new tonite. see you wednesday
    JERSEY IRON MEMBER
    BENCH ONLY

    BEST BENCHES PRE INJURY(JUNE 12)
    780@242 MP
    820@275 MP

    BEST BENCHES POST INJURY
    705@275 SP

Similar Threads

  1. Impossible is easy...Miracles take a little bit longer
    By TJ2389 in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 517
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 05:09 AM
  2. The impossible quiz
    By Genacide in forum General Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 05:43 PM
  3. Becoming infection-proof. Impossible?
    By Grunt76 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-20-2006, 01:03 AM
  4. It is impossible for me to gain weight.
    By intime in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 03-01-2005, 01:38 PM
  5. Losing BF and Gaining Muscle Impossible?
    By pastdoubt in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-17-2001, 02:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •