Thread: Cardio AM - Workout PM

Cardio AM - Workout PM

Hey... i missed a day of workout this week... and this AM i did cardio.. if I go workout in the evening will that be OK? Anybody see any problem with this ? I NEVER usually do this i try to keep cardio and wout on separate days but today is an exception.. i'd really like to hit my chest and shoulders today

What do you guys think ?

..I normally do cardio at 6am to 7 am..and go lift after school at 4:30pm..and i feel good..I dont find anything wrong with that! I just never do cardio the same day i squat...its me!

peace

but not that small either
    I do 30 min. of cardio after I lift weights, 4 times a week. I have tried doing it in the morning on an empty stomach, but I can't, it's hell. I need food when I wake up.
    "Lord knows that one would be foolish not to listen to guys hiding behind a computer that use more gear than a stable of race-horses and all they have to show for it is a 195lb. piss-poor physique shriveled nuts and a nice case of gyno" - Lee Priest

so i guess working out one time 7 hours after cardio won't kill my muscles then

probably not, however, if you are trying to grow maybe you should forget about the cardio until you are happy with your size.

Wannabebig Member

Keep doing what you are doing!

Hey,

You want to alway do cardio 8 to 12 hours before or after your weight training workout. Because glycogen storage is non-existent when you wake up in the morning and do cardio on an empty stomach. I would drink a protein shake with no carbs 30 mins before your workouts. I do my cardio 7:00 A.M. and workout around 5 or 6 P.M. When you do cardio your release cortisol (catbolic hormone) that is released when you are doing cardiovascular. It is very important however that you supply your muscles with a carboydrate (dextrose) right after your workout. That will spike up your insulin, and then drink a protein drink about 20-30 mins afterwards. In summary just space your cardiovascular out and weight training. I would not recommend you do your cardiovascular workout right before or after because your muscle tissue needs that carbs and protein right afterwards. You do not want to be in a catabolic state where your body will use muscle tissue as energy. Hope I helped

Big Poppa Steve

bumb on that..well said!