The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Threaded View

Yet Another Journal

Friday, June 13th

Ramblings
    It's been awhile since I've made a journal entry. And it's been even longer since I started a new journal (about 9 months) so I figure I can be forgiven for starting yet another one. Hell, I'll probably be just as ****ty as keeping this one up-to-date as the last few. When I didn't have a job, I was a journal keeping machine.

There are many new developments since the last journal:
    1) I now live in Bellevue, Wa (near Seattle). Here's the Wikipedia entry:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellevue,_Washington
    Here's a picture I took:

Most notably to me, it's home to Valve Software (makers of Half-life). lol
    2) I have a new job as a Dev Manager for the team responsible for TMObile ringtone download network and bumped my salary up by about 50%. Right now I work for a company called InfoSpace. But Motricity, a competitor based in Durham, NC just bought the mobile division of my company. Here's the news:
    http://www.motricity.com/press/infospace/
    They actually did it for the people here more so than our technology, so my job, etc is safe. But in about three months my paycheck will be coming from a different company. I'm still adjusting to the job, so it'll be interesting to see. Actually, we're not even moving to a new facility so things should remain relative stable for awhile.
    3) I ran into some legal difficulties. Unfortunately, this means I'm out about 8K and have been somewhat stressed out recently. I'm not going to go into this further.
    4) I have a new girlfriend.
    Add all this up and it's not surprising I'm a fat sloppy mess again. Here is a picture I took 30 minutes ago at 210lbs. (Forgive the quality; I can't find my camera):

Here is where I was a few months ago, before I got fat again (at about 201lbs):

And amusingly enough during my move I uncovered some 'before' shots from about 6 years ago. For the amusement of all here is one:

So, I aim to stop being a fatass. I dunno if this week will be the week, but I will start keeping a journal (however ****ty it might be). I may start the UD2 again next week, but I'm not sure. I seem not to have the discipline for anything else (I'm an all-or-nothing kind of guy) Currently, I'm nearing the end of the 15-rep portion of a half-assed HST cycle in which I haven't really been tracking diet.

Diet
    M1: 1 ZonePerfect Bar
    M2: 1oz peanuts, turkey & swiss on whole wheat, 1 ZonePerfect Bar
    M3: 1 ZonePerfect Bar
    M4: ...

Comments:
    Meh

Training: 7:15pm - 8pm, Location: LA Fitness
    Nautilus Overhead Press: 125 x 15, 125 x 15, 125 x 4
    Overhand Pulldown: 120 x 15, 120 x 7
    Flat Bench: 135 x 15, 135 x 8
    Precor Rows: 130 x 13, 130 x 8
    Incline Free Motion Press: 120 x 15, 120 x 15
    Squats: 135 x 15
    Laterals: 15s x 15, 15s x 9, 15s x 8
    DB Curls: 30s x 15, 30s x 8
    BB Curl: bar x 15
    Leg Press: 320 x 15, 320 x 8

Comments
    Bleh. Pretty crappy.

Weight 210lbs
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 10-17-2007 at 10:25 PM.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!