Thread: Need some advice on lifting and gaining weight...

Hybrid View

bulkin up

Need some advice on lifting and gaining weight...

Whats up everyone I'm fifteen yrs old and I'm looking for some advice on how to gain some more weight and put on some muscle. I weigh about 129-132 pounds and I'm about 5'8" so I'm a pretty skinny kid. I was just looking for some advice on weight lifting and getting bigger, so I can put some meat on my bones.

At my school we have this workout room, and I can lift more weight than the other skinny kids my size, but the people I hang out with and play sports with are all bigger than me and lift more than me. They try and get me to lift more than I can and tell me I should start working out more because I'm so skinny. So I guess compared to the other skinny kids in my grade I'm doing okay but I wanna get bigger and not be weaker than my friends.

I have a fast metabolism so it makes gaining harder, but im willing to eat more than I burn whenever i start to get committed to lifting weights. I like the schools workout room but it doesnt have all the machines, and sometimes its embarrising to lift lesser than my friends in front of hot girls, so in about two days I'm gonna start going to a local gym cause I just got a monthly membership. I just need advice on what my workout routines should be and advice on my diet.

If this info is too vague for any help right now, then in a couple days I'll let you know my max's etc., but if this helps I have 25 lb. dumbbells which I do 3 sets of 10 with every other night. It's pretty heavy for me but I think I could be doing about 5 reps of 32-35 lbs if I got serious.

thanks

bulkin up
    After my first day at that local gym I just signed up for I'll let you know my max's and reps, etc. And about my diet, would it be good to get protein shakes? I know a lot of my friends who are strong who take protein shakes and some other supplements from a closeby GNC shop.
    Last edited by Shox21; 10-28-2007 at 08:27 PM.

1) I was like you when I was a freshman!
    2) Eat more and lift heavy, you'll grow.
    3) You don't need supplements, don't worry about em for now.
    4) Look at the shake recipe in my sig. Start drinking those.
    5) Everybody starts somewhere, don't pay attention to the bigger guys.

bulkin up
    Quote Originally Posted by Killa Kurt View Post
    3 sets of what?

Do yourself a favor, don't worry about being embarassed by not lifting as much weight as the other guy in front of girls, chances are they don't give a **** anyway. If you got a free gym at school that you'll have access to a barbell and dumbells, then use that, no point in paying to go somewhere just to save yourself some face.

Your diet. Go out buy gallons of milk, some weight gainer, protein powder, carbohydrate powder, and lots of food (mostly meats and pastas). Eat until your full, and when you can't eat anymore...wash it down with a weight gainer shake, or a protein shake. Drink 3-4 a day to start, along with at least 4 meals daily. Hard-gainer is a myth, if you eat more than you burn, you'll gain weight.

No one starts out with super-strength, its acheived through hardwork, get in there bust your ass at that gym with your friends, in front of hot girls, and before you know it, you'll go from pink dumbells to circus dumbells. Goodluck in advance.

EDIT: Drink a bako-shake daily also.

Stay Strong

Kurt
    Thanks. And the gym at my school doesn't have a barbell or any free weights, it just has a chest press machine which you sit up right, and a curl machine. The rest of the little workout area are all cardio machines for people to lose weight so it sucks. And I will try that Bako-shake with one cup of peanut butter starting tomorrow right after school

Quote Originally Posted by Bako Lifter View Post
    1) I was like you when I was a freshman!
    2) Eat more and lift heavy, you'll grow.
    3) You don't need supplements, don't worry about em for now.
    4) Look at the shake recipe in my sig. Start drinking those.
    5) Everybody starts somewhere, don't pay attention to the bigger guys.
    Thanks a lot, and I'll give that Bako-Shake a shot right away, I'll drink it slow like you suggest cause its probably so damn thick with all that peanut butter. Hopefully it'll give me some gains and I'll be able to get up to 135-140 pretty quickly. Right now I'm planning on staying committed to getting bigger once I start gaining weight and working out at this place.

It tastes good, pound it....it only took me like 5-10 minutes to drink it. Drink one every day, eat a lot, and do compound lifts....you'll be fine.

Stay Strong

Kurt
    Last edited by Killa Kurt; 10-28-2007 at 09:15 PM.
    Journal

Before you go to train everyday, think about the less fortunate and what they would give to just have the opportunity to be training like a madman.

"The squat rack is my church, the dead lift platform my temple."

Team Stocky - "It's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle."
    The Rawmighty Team Stocky.

Quote Originally Posted by Shox21 View Post
    Whats up everyone I'm fifteen yrs old and I'm looking for some advice on how to gain some more weight and put on some muscle. I weigh about 129-132 pounds and I'm about 5'8" so I'm a pretty skinny kid. I was just looking for some advice on weight lifting and getting bigger, so I can put some meat on my bones.

At my school we have this workout room, and I can lift more weight than the other skinny kids my size, but the people I hang out with and play sports with are all bigger than me and lift more than me. They try and get me to lift more than I can and tell me I should start working out more because I'm so skinny. So I guess compared to the other skinny kids in my grade I'm doing okay but I wanna get bigger and not be weaker than my friends.

I have a fast metabolism so it makes gaining harder, but im willing to eat more than I burn whenever i start to get committed to lifting weights. I like the schools workout room but it doesnt have all the machines, and sometimes its embarrising to lift lesser than my friends in front of hot girls, so in about two days I'm gonna start going to a local gym cause I just got a monthly membership. I just need advice on what my workout routines should be and advice on my diet.

If this info is too vague for any help right now, then in a couple days I'll let you know my max's etc., but if this helps I have 25 lb. dumbbells which I do 3 sets of 10 with every other night. It's pretty heavy for me but I think I could be doing about 5 reps of 32-35 lbs if I got serious.

thanks
    3 sets of what?

Do yourself a favor, don't worry about being embarassed by not lifting as much weight as the other guy in front of girls, chances are they don't give a **** anyway. If you got a free gym at school that you'll have access to a barbell and dumbells, then use that, no point in paying to go somewhere just to save yourself some face.

Your diet. Go out buy gallons of milk, some weight gainer, protein powder, carbohydrate powder, and lots of food (mostly meats and pastas). Eat until your full, and when you can't eat anymore...wash it down with a weight gainer shake, or a protein shake. Drink 3-4 a day to start, along with at least 4 meals daily. Hard-gainer is a myth, if you eat more than you burn, you'll gain weight.

No one starts out with super-strength, its acheived through hardwork, get in there bust your ass at that gym with your friends, in front of hot girls, and before you know it, you'll go from pink dumbells to circus dumbells. Goodluck in advance.

EDIT: Drink a bako-shake daily also.

Stay Strong

Kurt
    Last edited by Killa Kurt; 10-28-2007 at 08:34 PM.
    Journal

Before you go to train everyday, think about the less fortunate and what they would give to just have the opportunity to be training like a madman.

"The squat rack is my church, the dead lift platform my temple."

Team Stocky - "It's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle."
    The Rawmighty Team Stocky.

stay with the bako shake , it works and its bomb
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 140lbs June 2012
    DL:
    Squat:
    Bench:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...54#post2084154

bulkin up
    Will do. Just had my first one today and it felt like I was already on my way to gaining.