The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any full-time bodybuilders in here?

By this I mean, you revolve your life around bodybuilding in hopes to be the next Mr. Olympia/Universe.

i.e., you work part-time, go to school part-time in order to achieve this etc.
    Last edited by fpr; 10-28-2007 at 10:00 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

maybe in the next life =]
    5'10 186 lbs 17 years of age

"Success is a journey, not a destination."

I think you have to have had start pretty early in lifting to ever achieve Mr Olympia. By early I mean in your early teens. All the great ones did. I may be wrong and maybe you can have a later start like in your 20's, but I find that you will be a lot farther behind even with the genetics and all compared to those that have been lifting for a few years already.
    From 155 lbs to 200 lbs (PICS/VIDS INCLUDED)

Height: 6'0"; BW: 202lbs; Age: 24; BF: ~11%
    155lbs [07-01-06] 176lbs [09-14-06] 179lbs [09-21-06] 182lbs [10-02-06] 184lbs [10-18-06] 186lbs [10-23-06] 187lbs [11-08-06] 189lbs [11-19-06] 190lbs [11-21-06] 191lbs [12-21-06] 194lbs [12-31-06]

Bench: 250lbs; Squat: 350lbs lbs; Deadlift: 430 lbs

Military: 111lbsx8; Dips: BWx30; Pullups: BWx10; WChestP: 360lbsx7; 45LegP: 470lbsx20; C Raise: 360lbs; BB Curl: 105lbsx3; Lat Pull: 195lbsx5

I teach English to lil' Chinese kids and run our schools office.
    But it's really cool to think that someone out there lifts the same schedule I work in the office. Wish I didn't have to worry about things like bills and money, so that I could do that!
    Then again, even a gym membership cost money...
    "I lift, I sleep, I work, I eat (a lot), I run and then... I do it all over agian!"
    "Lifting is like a box of chocolates... onces you start you can't stop!"

Keep my body weight below 200lbs (for now)
    Aug 10 ('06)Bench: 115kg ______ goal by Dec 31: get back up to 115kg
    Get both my Dead and Squat above 120kg before 2008

journal

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fpr View Post
    By this I mean, you revolve your life around bodybuilding in hopes to be the next Mr. Olympia/Universe.

i.e., you work part-time, go to school part-time in order to achieve this etc.
    Not at the moment but I lived that lifestyle at one point. For many years actually. Everything I did was done with the stage in mind.
    Old Guys RULE!

Character is what you do when no one is watching. . .

By this I mean, you revolve your life around bodybuilding
    Yeah, I do that. Minus the 'to become the next Mr. Olympia', though only for the reason I know it just won't happen.
    Last edited by Keith; 10-29-2007 at 09:12 AM.

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

The general rule is that you won't find any serious competitive bodybuilders on this site or any other forum. It is just like you won't find a serious basketball player on wannabeballer.com or a football player on wannabepro.com. The serious people are using all their time to eat and train. Not saying you won't see great athletes and very strong people online, just not the elite world class ones.

From 155 lbs to 200 lbs (PICS/VIDS INCLUDED)

Height: 6'0"; BW: 202lbs; Age: 24; BF: ~11%
    155lbs [07-01-06] 176lbs [09-14-06] 179lbs [09-21-06] 182lbs [10-02-06] 184lbs [10-18-06] 186lbs [10-23-06] 187lbs [11-08-06] 189lbs [11-19-06] 190lbs [11-21-06] 191lbs [12-21-06] 194lbs [12-31-06]

Bench: 250lbs; Squat: 350lbs lbs; Deadlift: 430 lbs

Military: 111lbsx8; Dips: BWx30; Pullups: BWx10; WChestP: 360lbsx7; 45LegP: 470lbsx20; C Raise: 360lbs; BB Curl: 105lbsx3; Lat Pull: 195lbsx5

Except Mike Wolfe.

Quote Originally Posted by -Superman- View Post
    The general rule is that you won't find any serious competitive bodybuilders on this site or any other forum. It is just like you won't find a serious basketball player on wannabeballer.com or a football player on wannabepro.com. The serious people are using all their time to eat and train. Not saying you won't see great athletes and very strong people online, just not the elite world class ones.

He just asked for 'full-time bodybuilders' in here. Not competitive, but generally speaking, yeah, you're right. The question is, where is he getting at with this?

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

andy bolton posts on another forum
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    He just asked for 'full-time bodybuilders' in here. Not competitive, but generally speaking, yeah, you're right. The question is, where is he getting at with this?
    It was just an inquiry. Just curious to see if, and how many people we have that do this as a 'career' so-to-speak.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPitbull View Post
    Except Mike Wolfe.
    What about Rhodehouse, Belial, TommyBoy (?), and I'm sure there are a few more in here lifting in the elite class.

Yes, I've seen belial stats (225lbs, 7% bf), never seen pics of him though. Be interested in seeing (no homo).

Yes, I've seen belial stats (225lbs, 7% bf), never seen pics of him though. Be interested in seeing (no homo).
    Won't happen. I've pushed that idea pretty hard a while back and well, yeah, it won't happen. Word on the street is, there's a couple of pics of him on another board. Very few know what board it is but keep it confidential.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Won't happen. I've pushed that idea pretty hard a while back and well, yeah, it won't happen. Word on the street is, there's a couple of pics of him on another board. Very few know what board it is but keep it confidential.
    Keith has pictures of Belial all over his walls.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WORLD View Post
    Keith has pictures of Belial all over his walls.

Here he is, post-cut:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fVoqI1qgG-E

LOL! Sorry, belial. No offense.

He's as big and lean as you would expect. He could compete in bb or pl if he really wished to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by growthrep View Post
    Here he is, post-cut:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fVoqI1qgG-E

LOL! Sorry, belial. No offense.
    hahahaha. Very motivational, I must say.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

What about Mike Wolfe, or Vinnie, or Rhodes, or TommyBoy, or Hatred?
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

That's very incorrect, as many have already stated. Ryano holds records in different federations. Wolfe and Vinny have world class benches. Rhodes has a huge squat and total. There is a guy on the US lifting team that posts on here. There are many others who have huge numbers, elite numbers, that post on here. Powerlifting is a different community than other professional sports, typically the really good guys are ambassadors of their sport and help the younger guys coming up.

good use of the phrase
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 140lbs June 2012
    DL:
    Squat:
    Bench:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...54#post2084154

Wanna Be Big member
    I don't understand the whole "full time" thing. I get the impression from this forum that lifting for more than a period of two hours 4 times per week would be viewed as "over training." If that is true, how do you train full time and still progress?

The reason I ask is because sometimes I feel like I could train more than my normal bgb routine, but I don't want to over train.
    Current Age: 23 Height: 6'2" Weight: 195 lbs. [B]
    Bench = 205
    DL= 315
    Squat = 230

Well, the response you'll probably get is that it just means that your'e not training intensely enough... all though I wonder the same thing too sometimes. There's no doubt in my mind that professional bodybuilders train more than just 1-2 hours a day.

EDIT: I just saw your numbers, your bench looks awfully low for someone that has those squat and DL numbesr.,
    Last edited by fpr; 10-30-2007 at 09:34 PM.

Wanna Be Big member

EDIT: I just saw your numbers, your bench looks awfully low for someone that has those squat and DL numbesr.,

ha, yeah thats the same thing I was thinking. I actually made a thread about that once and people said not to worry about it. I try really hard on my bench but it is my week spot. Sometimes I wonder if it is because I have really long arms. It probably is, I'm a little lanky. If you have any bench suggestions, I'm all ears. Hey, at least my squat and dl's aren't totally pathetic right?

As far as not training hard enough, I know that people will say that. A lot of the time I can hardly walk after a day of lifting..... but there are always some off days where I'm twiddling my thumbs and full of energy.
    Current Age: 23 Height: 6'2" Weight: 195 lbs. [B]
    Bench = 205
    DL= 315
    Squat = 230

Ronnie won a lot of titles working full time as a Policeman.