Thread: Decided to make a change.......teach me.

Wannabebig Member

Decided to make a change.......teach me.

I am 5'6 and weight 184 lbs. 30+ overweight. I have some what a good muscle mass covered with 30+ lbs. of fat. 6 years ago I hit the gym a few times a week for about a year and stopped. 6 years later gaining the lbs. I decided to make a change and start dieting and lifting weights.

My goal is to build muscle mass and of course burn fat. My diet and gym plan:

5:30 a.m. wake up
    5:45 a.m. High protein source
    6:00 a.m. Gym (1 hour)
    9:00 a.m. High protein source
    12:00 a.m. High protein source
    3:00 pm High protein source
    5:00 pm Gym (1 hour)
    6:00 pm High protien source
    9:00 pm Go to sleep

through out my day i do consume small amounts of carbs. but mostly protein
    and consume about 2.5 to 3 liters of water a day.

The diet is everyday and the gym is 4-5 days a week.
    I started this routine almost going on 2 weeks.

My question is this a good start heading towards my muscle mass building goal?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    hmm plan look spret ysolid but i would try and get another "high protein source" preferably a whey protein shake immediately after your workout along with some carbs in ther for insulin spike (fancy term which basically means help drive the protein to the muscle more efficiently)

also the meal before the workout add some carbs in for energy for the workout so u wont be running on fumes sorta speak

the rest of the day limit the carbs and make sure u get some good fats in with each meal to help ur body learn to burn fats and keep carbs to the bare minimum the rest of the day

other than that looks good

also after ur workout add about 20 mins of cardio

in your workout stick to basic compund movements, you get the most bang for your buck build the most muscle and brun more fat.

most of all just cut back on all sugars and carbs and lower overall intake and increase activity.
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks for your input, I do drink Whey protein shakes twice a day. When you say cut back on carbs. What is the idea grams of carbs. per day?

You in Arlington county?

Hey, I'm considering hitting the gym twice a day too. What are your plans for 'hour 2' at the gym?

I'm at the Gold's gym in Annandale off of Braddock and Backlick

Wannabebig Member
    I'm actually in Fauquier County, south of Manassas

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fpr View Post
    Hey, I'm considering hitting the gym twice a day too. What are your plans for 'hour 2' at the gym?

I'm at the Gold's gym in Annandale off of Braddock and Backlick

really depends on how i feel in that perticular muscle and i give it enough rest/repair time.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    when i say cut back im talking no more than 80 grams a day, then even lower, but start out cutting them out slowly

i get around 60 grams a day, 30 preworkout 30 post and thats it, unless the ones i get extraneously through veggies and other sources but no more than 80, keep it low. Using this approach my body never gets the chace to store the cabrs cause they get used up immediately so the acutal carryover is almost nil, which is what ya want. also when u keep your carbs low increase your fats this will train the body to use fat as an energy source cause if not it will use the most readily source available, if your not getting enough fat it wull start bruing protein for energy instead of synthesis and building those muscles.

so once u get it used to using fat as the fuel soruce it will be train to burn it constantly because it has a ready supply on had all the time and u still have to keep the fats high.

like i said cut back slowly cause crash cutting will lead to binges...

also one day a week do a carb binge. preferably healthy complex carbs this will refuel your glycogen stores and help impeded agaisnt binging and keep leptin levels normal which will keep the body burining fats, stick to potatoes, pasta bronw rice, things like that get as much as u want 3-400 grams in a day. stay away from simpel carbs ie sugar white rice, snack food and **** like that.
    Last edited by BigCorey75; 10-31-2007 at 09:44 PM.
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Why do you suggest cutting back with carbs and not just tracking calories?

To the OP - check the blog link in my sig, click on "open source fitness" - you may find what you need there to get you started on your diet.

Twice a day and you've only just started back? I think that might be a bit much depending on what you're going to do there.

For a newbie I think you could easily squeeze a very solid and beneficial workout into <=1hr a day for 4 days a week.

I only say this because if you make it too difficult for yourself it makes it more likely that you will throw the towel in. You may also not be allowing enough time for the body to recover. If you're doing 8-10 sessions a week I would imagine some of the are fairly superfluous.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.