The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

There's always something...

Lately I feel like I haven't had 2 consecutive weeks in the gym in a long long time. It seems like I am always sick, it's almost like my body is just falling apart on me. Back in December-Feb/March I had whooping cough which eventually led to a cracked rib, almost never got to the gym. After that I still had a consistent (but not terrible) cough, as well as 3 bouts with strep throat. Then I had tendonitis/carpal tunnel (not sure which), which took 2-3 weeks off my gym time, after that my shoulder was bothering me. I've had mysterious aches and pains, a consistent low fever. Last week I actually got a full week's workout in, and this week I've been feeling dizzy and lightheaded and my stomach has been hurting on the right side radiating to the back. Which I would immediately associate with kidney problems only I've had no dark or cloudy urine. Haven't really had any kind of appetite at all so my bulk has been non-existent.

Don't really know what the point of this post was, just pissed that my body seems to be constantly betraying me. Last year I was hardly ever sick at all, I was bulking and felt great. This year I feel like I've lost all my progress.
    23 y/o, 170 lbs

Do you understand that the second you
    look in the mirror and you're happy with
    what you see, baby, you just
    lost the battle!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Take two complete weeks off of any training. Get your mind off it. I'm sure you need the psychological rest just as much as the physical. During this time, eat at maintenance, drink lots of water, and get lots of rest. If you train to failure, stop. You should be good to go in two weeks.
    Height: 5-9
    Weight:~160 @ 13-15 bf%?....starting figure after nearly a year of battling CFS/mono...so not too bad imo.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...Owner=ray34iyf
    Max Lifts:
    Don't know anymore..don't care atm.

Weren't you the one that had/has the mysterious illness? Doctor can't figure out what it is?

Yeah that was my throat and it turned out to be strep. Went on anti-biotics for that, got off of them.. strep came back. Went on anti-biotics again, got off them.. got sick again. There was talk about pulling my tonsils (my throat still looks like hell just doesn't hurt anymore) but the doc decided against it.
    23 y/o, 170 lbs

lost the battle!

How is your hygiene? I almost never get sick, because I'm constantly washing my hands, and very concious of germs. How often do you wash your hands? When do you do it?

Banned
    i wash my hands after i whipe the poop from my bum

No my hygiene is good, wash my hands all the time, usually 2 showers a day, etc etc.

Really everything with my throat and what not I feel like if they took out my tonsils it would all clear up. My dad was talking to the guy that cuts his hair and he was saying he had things similar to me.. low grade fevers all the time, sore throats, congestion etc and they removed the tonsils at 21 and he never had a problem again.

But I can't find a doctor to agree with me.
    23 y/o, 170 lbs

lost the battle!