Thread: Seeking knowledge...

Wannabebig New Member

Seeking knowledge...

Hello all,

I am new to this board as well as to bodybuilding. I am 18 years old, and have played sports for most of my life, mainly basketball and baseball. I trained extremely hard for baseball at least 4-5 times a week before I quit playing 2 years ago.

I've been very inactive for awhile, and have grown tired of it. My weight inflated 25 pounds and lost most of my muscle. I'm 6'2 216lbs. right now which is only because I've been training in the gym in addition to only consuming 1500-1700 calories a day for a month now (I was 224 a month ago).

Obviously I want to lose fat, but gain muscle at the same time. It's hard to find info for my scenario because most info I find is generally geared towards skinny people trying to gain mass, etc. Because of baseball I'm really high on running, and include a half hour of cardio everyday after my 30-40 minutes of weightlifting. Is this a good idea?

I've broken up my workouts into:

1st Day: Chest, Biceps
    2nd Day: Triceps, Shoulders, and back
    3rd Day: Legs

I do abs everyday...

I am a beginner and am just now finding the appropriate excercises for what I want to accomplish. If you guys have any advice for me that could help me along based on what I've told you it'd be greatly appreciated. Books to read, websites to look on for information, personal advice, etc...

Thanks in advance...

Post your complete routine here and you diet in the diet sections.

Be ready to stay committed and realize that changes take time, they don't and won't come right away. Also realize that with dedication you CAN change.

Wannabebig New Member

What about the cardio...

I will post my dietary and work out plans soon...I'm still trying to decide what is truly realistic for me by getting a feel for everything.

Is a half hour of running/walking at a high rate a good idea along with your workout? Will it slow down my muscle growth? I know it will speed up my fat loss...

I wouldn't do it everyday... but cardio, in general, is a good idea.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    The one thing that I would change immediately to your routine is the muscle groups that you are working together.

Chest and Tri's
    Abs, Leg, Calves
    Back and Bi's
    Shoulders
    Small muscle groups can be worked more than major ones (calves, forearms, abs.(slow twitch fibers)

When you post more I will add more...
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |