The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

CoolBean's Journal

I am on day two of my diet. I weighed in at about 187 (5' 11").
    My goal is to eat healthy, and about 190-200 grams of protein per day while keeping carbs low and eating healthy fats. I have no idea bf% right now but i'd a wild guess and say 13-16%. I want to get to like 8%-9%. I've been doing good so far but I need to work on getting more meals and tweaking this thing. I picked up a bunch of green vegetables, natty PB, chicken, and fat/carb free cheese today. I should be on my way

Meal 1: English Muffin 180 Cal, 0.5 fat, 25 carbs, +?protein
    Meal 2: Two Frozen Fish Pieces, 380 cal, 38 protein, +?fat
    Meal 3: Not hungry yet (wtf), two Tbsp of natty PB (one serving) 150 cal, +?fat, +?protein
    Meal 4: Two chicken breast parm, 600 calories approx, fat from chicken, Protein 75g+
    Salad with olive oil/balsmic vinegar, gotta check this
    Meal 5: Same as meal 4 minus salad.

I think I ate/going to eat about 1 lb of chicken at least! The cheese added about 25 grams of protein across the two chicken meals. My calorie counting isnt perfect but it's pretty close to about 2000 being conservative. I am going to go back and check a few things for caloric content. I plan on doing some cardio tonight for about 45 minutes.

Update: I ended up with 20 minutes on the bike at my gym at max setting. According to it I burnt 831 calories. I assume that's for a 150lb person but still pretty good i'd say. I traveled 12.11 miles (36 mph, damn).

Tomorrow ill document better.
    Last edited by CoolBeans; 04-03-2002 at 03:12 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    Meal 1: 1/4 cup puffed Kaishi cereal, two egg whites
    Meal 2: Two lean turkey burgers, no bread, Protein Shake
    Meal 3: Half a Potato
    Meal 4: 1 lb of chicken (heh need to spread that out)
    Meal 5: 2 Tbsp Natty PB
    Last edited by CoolBeans; 04-03-2002 at 08:12 PM.

My parents eat that Kashi cereal stuff. Good luck. Keep it up.

Wannabebig Member
    20 minutes on the bike for 12.6 miles. About 780 calories according to it (probably for 150lb person)

Meal 1: English Muffin
    Meal 2: 2 Tbsp natty pb, salad with olive oil and red vinegar
    Meal 3: Approx 6oz of Salmon
    Meal 4 postworkout: Protein shake
    Meal 5: More Salmon and a salad
    Last edited by CoolBeans; 04-06-2002 at 11:15 AM.

i dont know how accurate this is, and how much an elliptical machine or treadmill varies in calorie expending compared to the bike, but when i do 30 minutes on either, it usually says about 300 cals. point is id second guess the fact that the bike burns nearly 40 cals in a minute. but then again its just a suggestion.
    heavy metal music is destroying my brain

Wannabebig Member
    Yeah I suspect the value is very high. The setting is on max however and it is one bitch to pedal. It says I am traveling at 38 mph and when I get off I feel like I wanna die so who knows.

Wannabebig Member
    Had to get up at 4:25 am today to go compete for the Ohio Leadership Scholarship at Case Western Reserve University today. I was one of 60 finalists of over 1000 people who applied. 12-15 of us will win it. The result was a day with a little bit of cheating. That's okay I can consider it a celebration for being a finalist.

Meal 1: Scrambled Eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 2 sausages, Home fries, 4oz oj. I managed to resist the doughnuts and other goodies they had here at this Breakfast for the Scholarship people
    Meal 2: Luncheon at the University: Chicken breast with almonds, pumpernickel roll, little bit of rice (looked like white and brown), a little bit of salad with italian dressing, and a piece of lagsna with mushrooms and vegtables in it. I didn't eat the mushrooms and kinda picked over it. I drank a pepsi.
    Meal 3: Just ate a plain english muffin, nothing around for the long drive home
    Meal 4: Chicken breast and 5 pieces aparigus.
    Meal 5: Brownie and Rice Krispy treat!

Wasn't too bad.

Wannabebig Member
    My scale is weighing me at 179 lb today. It is rather strange so I wouldnt trust it. I just woke up and I havent drank anything/eat yet so i'm probably gonna be about 181.

Edit: My scale is ****, im 184 now lol
    Last edited by CoolBeans; 04-07-2002 at 03:42 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    Meal 1: 2 whole eggs, 3 whites with salsa/fat free cheese/jalopenos mixed in

Other meals, chicken, chicken and more chicken
    One cup of corn chex, salad, and some pb
    Last edited by CoolBeans; 04-08-2002 at 03:10 PM.