The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Adrian Peterson...

Is really nasty!

Breaking the single game rushing record in his rookie year is just insane. He may even get over 2000 yards and possibly break the season rushing record. Many people are saying he looks like the best we've seen in a long time.

I don't understand this considering a lot of people were saying tomlinson might be the best running back ever eventually but maybe thats cuz he is having a down year so far.

But Peterson is just so big and strong and fast and quick and has great vision for a rookie, and runs people over or runs by them, I know the blocking has been very good but he still is running people over or making them miss.

After seeing him tear up my bears defense this new record makes it not look so bad. Imagine if he had stayed in college this year lol. So what do you guys think of him?
    Current Maxes: (May 2009)
    Bench: 275 | Squat: 355 | Clean: 240 | Deadlift: 455 | Body Weight-205lbs
    "When you know Squat about lifting, you know the important part."

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

To bad they didn't run him earlier in the year, and how about him being the
    2nd string back until last week.

Problem is he won't survive with his running style. Its to up and down and he doesn't avoid contact, he doesn't run out of bounds.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    Problem is he won't survive with his running style. Its to up and down and he doesn't avoid contact, he doesn't run out of bounds.
    I agree with this. That said, it's exciting to have a guy like that in the NFC again, and I'll enjoy it while it lasts, as long as we beat the Vikings. He is just incredible.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

Ya you guys are right, I forgot to mention that, He has had bad injury problems in college which is why he fell in the draft. His running style definitely won't keep him healthy, but if he somehow does he could be one of the best ever.

Yeh he is bad-a**.... He and Darren McFadden(Arkansas) have similar running styles, yet i think McFadden is a tad more physical. Peterson will definately be injured before the NFL season is over..IMO
    [7/1/07]__170lbs.--[7/15/07]_177lbs.--[9/23/07]_185lbs.---[10/13/07]_187.5lbs--[10/27/07]_191lbs.--
    [12/1/07]_197lbs.

MY JOURNAL---MY FITDAY
    Bench_235x1---Deadlift_365x1---Squat_???

Watchya talkn bout willis
    he's the ****
    Weight:207
    375/300/365 Goal by summer:415/315/415

His blocking is spectacular. That aside, his yards after contact are incredible too.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

I'm glad he showed up LT. LT is the biggest prick I've seen as far as rb's. (besides OJ)

Marshawn Lynch is no pushover either. He is a NASTY rookie as well, and what makes it more impressive is that he's on a god awful team and he's having a great year.
    Last edited by Cirino83; 11-06-2007 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirino83 View Post
    I'm glad he showed up LT. LT is the biggest prick I've seen as far as rb's. (besides OJ)

Marshawn Lynch is no pushover either. He is a NASTY rookie as well, and what makes it more impressive is that he's on a god awful team and he's having a great year.
    We finally agree. Yeah I used to like LT but I have found out that his middle name should be 'Overrated'.
    From 155 lbs to 200 lbs (PICS/VIDS INCLUDED)

Height: 6'0"; BW: 202lbs; Age: 24; BF: ~11%
    155lbs [07-01-06] 176lbs [09-14-06] 179lbs [09-21-06] 182lbs [10-02-06] 184lbs [10-18-06] 186lbs [10-23-06] 187lbs [11-08-06] 189lbs [11-19-06] 190lbs [11-21-06] 191lbs [12-21-06] 194lbs [12-31-06]

Bench: 250lbs; Squat: 350lbs lbs; Deadlift: 430 lbs

Military: 111lbsx8; Dips: BWx30; Pullups: BWx10; WChestP: 360lbsx7; 45LegP: 470lbsx20; C Raise: 360lbs; BB Curl: 105lbsx3; Lat Pull: 195lbsx5

Your just pissed b/c he called out the Hoodie. Seems like he was right, he's a cheater.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

^^ lol @ the hoodie. I'll never understand why he wears the same one every game, then cuts the sleeves when it gets warmer. Maybe Kraft should throw in a few dif team outfits in his next contract.

yes that is why I hate LT. He got beat fair and square and went off about the players (who were doing the gay Merriman dance as a taunt) and then he calls out the coach for no reason. He is very overrated.

Yeah LT is kind of a whiney bitch.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

^^ lol @ the hoodie. I'll never understand why he wears the same one every game, then cuts the sleeves when it gets warmer. Maybe Kraft should throw in a few dif team outfits in his next contract.

yes that is why I hate LT. He got beat fair and square and went off about the players (who were doing the gay Merriman dance as a taunt) and then he calls out the coach for no reason. He is very overrated.
    I'm a Browns fan, so I'll take him any second he wants to come to Cleveland.

He is very overrated.
    He's the best back I've seen since Sanders. I'm not aware of anyone, other than one idiot coach, giving him any more credit than saying he's the best back in the league. I've got no problem with that. We'll see how A.P. turns out, he's looking GOOD.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

Train hard, Rest harder!!! kbferrari's Avatar
    Its going to be years before anyone breaks 296 in a single game!

Quote Originally Posted by kbferrari View Post
    Its going to be years before anyone breaks 296 in a single game!
    I don't know, they play San Francisco in a month, could happen then.

It's amazing teams haven't been able to stop him even with Minnesota's horrible passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    He's the best back I've seen since Sanders. I'm not aware of anyone, other than one idiot coach, giving him any more credit than saying he's the best back in the league. I've got no problem with that. We'll see how A.P. turns out, he's looking GOOD.
    He's a top back in the league, no question about it. But he had one monster year and the rest were average or just above. I'd take Joseph Addai, Peterson, Westbrook, LJ or willie parker over him, given they all had the same O-line.

well he got hurt, hopefully mri's show its not too bad.

Credit to the Packers' defense anyone? 45 yards on 11 carries? I know the Vikes were behind early, but that's because they have no passing game. The GB defense totally shut AD down, on their way to 8-1!

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    yeha, pack D looks good, and now it looks like they have found something resembleant to a running game

so there week 12 showdown v dallas is looking more and more like a tale tell game
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Squat slowly improving :)
    I can't WAIT for the Dallas-GB game!!!
    Been out the game for a little while, but jumpin back in

willie parker over him

That's what I'm talking about.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

He's a top back in the league, no question about it. But he had one monster year and the rest were average or just above. I'd take Joseph Addai, Peterson, Westbrook, LJ or willie parker over him, given they all had the same O-line.
    What? Average or just above, have you seen his numbers? His lowest season was his rookie year, where he still went over 1200. Only his rookie year has he had less than 15 TD's. Yeah, he had a huge year last year, but how is he over rated?

The guys on your list don't have the numbers, even close, that Tomlinson has. Addai and Peterson might end up being more productive, but Addai had a good rookie year and Peterson has had two monster games. Westbrook? He misses a ton of games with injuries and is nowhere near the runner that Tomlinson is. LJ has had two big years and parker has had one good year. Tomlinson has done it since he came into the league, if anything the other guys on your list are over rated at this point.

Go Pack Go!!!!!!!

they shut vikes down

anyone know anything bout petersons injury thouugh?
    Last edited by Rocket Reidy; 11-12-2007 at 12:24 PM.
    5"10 - 146lbs

60yd - 6.5s (on grass w/ football cleats)

PACKERS!!! BABY

Peterson got WTFPWNT by al harris. Packers D was nasty that game and the offense got it going a little bit, not relying on favre's arm to carry to team. I really hope Green Bay takes the top seed in the NFC then Dallas loses in the 2nd round of the playoffs and Green Bay goes on to win an NFC championship and play in the superbowl. That would be a dream come true to watch what is probably Brett's last year end with a superbowl appearance.