Thread: Mono, YES, I searched....

Mono, YES, I searched....

Before I get flamed, yes I searched and read other threads on here about mono.

I have a few questions about the symptons however, and the spread of it.

From what I've read, it's really only spread through saliva? Is it pretty hard to catch mono if you're only around the person that has it and not in contact with them?

There's 3 guys on my hall that may have mono right now, 2 have been to the doc and do for sure, and I'm getting really worried about catching it myself.

I've been extremely tired today and haven't felt like doing much besides sleeping. I did do my back workout tonight but didn't feel great doing it and ended up just skipping shrugs.

Besides feeling tired today though, I don't really have any of the other symptoms. No fever yet, no headache, no sore throat, no body aches. One of my buddies thinks he has a cold, so more than likely it may just be that. Could some of you guys on here that have had it describe all the symptoms you experienced?

I know I should just see a doc, but the school clinic closes at 5 and I have class right around then every day.

If there's a possibility I do have it I may jump in front of a bus downtown. Dunno how I'd deal with not being able to do anything for months.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

One of my roommates was recently diagnosed with it and I got worried I might have it because I have been feeling tired and disoriented lately and had a sore throat. Went to the doc and they basically said unless it is a severe sore throat that persists a few days, a fever, swollen glands.. it's probably not mono. He said fever is a common symptom, and he said you would definitely see/feel at least mildly swollen glands.
    23 y/o, 170 lbs

Do you understand that the second you
    look in the mirror and you're happy with
    what you see, baby, you just
    lost the battle!

started as what seemed like a cold, then what seemed like strep and then I could barely swallow for a few days and felt really crappy, lots of body pain, and a low fever for about 3 weeks.... I never really got the longer drawn out tiredness which is associated with the second phase of mono, but I got the blood test done and such and didn't have it.

Most people have had mono before or are carriers of the virus and do not show symptoms, and close contact, ie sex, kissing, etc are the easiest ways to spread it.

Andrew
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

however, get to the doc and get the blood test done if it persists for more than a week. If you're confident u have mono, ask for the test, and u may need to lay off lifting for a little while because if u have an enlarged spleen, bad things can happen when a lot of pressure is put on it.

Andrew

I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

Yeah, I've read about the spleen issue.

I'll see how I feel by this weekend and if I'm still feeling tired I'll try to get to my doc back home.

oh yeah and my lymphnodes in my neck were swollen like crazy;.. keep us updated

when i had mono the only symptom I had was a pinkish spotted rash. many people have a type of immunity to it and had it when they were babies kinda like chcken pox
    Sarvamangalam!

Pretty sure this turned out to be nothing. I have a cold and some drainage but no sore throat or anything. Rest of my workouts last week were normal. I'm getting close to 8 hours of sleep every night but I might try taking a little nap in the afternoon so I don't feel so tired at night.