Thread: which is the happy medium between TUT and LOAD ?

which is the happy medium between TUT and LOAD ?

How much Time under Tension does a muscle need to grow ?

assume that it's 60sec. Then you should use a weight that you can lift 15 times with a 2/2 cadence.

But why not use your 1RM cadence 2/2 so 4 sec of TUT and do 15x1RM ?!

I know it's will tax your CNS but you'll get a high tension and the hypothetique optimal TUT 60 secondes. But is a fractional TUT 15x4sec with rest every 4 sec egal to a TUT of 60 sec without rest ?!

I don't think so !! So here is the question what's the optimal TUT for hypertrophy ?!!! Because if you use a High Tension like 1RM or 3RM the TUT'll be too low to cause hypertrophy (it's a fact). But with a 50RM tension will be too low !!

what's the happy medium between TUT and Tension/Load ?!!

Poliquin said it's 40 to 70sec ! Jones said it's 1x10 with a 2/2-3 cadence . Bryan Haycock think that set(s) of 5 with a cadence of 1-2/2 is the best. What do you think. what about your expericences ?

Thank you guys !

My experience : sets of 10 with a 2/2-3 cadence seems to work well. But now I use sometimes sets of 20 with a 1-2/2 cadences a it seems to work wonderful l !!!
    Last edited by Gavan; 03-11-2002 at 07:17 AM.

There is no vaild scientific evidence that shows us what the optimal TUT is.

From my experience I find that it a higher volume of sets (4-5+) with little if any concentric failure using 6-8 reps works well.
    Just play around with the TUT using that guideline.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo