Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Naps.....What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    I nap everyday for about 45 minutes to an hour. It's great rest for anyone who body builds, I remember reading an interview with Cutler and he said during certain times of the year he's either sleeping, eating, or working out. Rest=good.
    agreed.When I have time in the morning I'll nap after training for an hour.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78 View Post
    for those bitching about having to clean everything. Do you really think your roommates will ever clean if you keep doing it?
    cleaning in situations like that seems to always leave the house in the lowest common denominator of expected cleanliness. If you want it clean to your levels you gotta do it.
    Go now, run along and tell your xerxes he faces free men here, not slaves

I nap every Tuesday and Thursday after I get out of class since I usually only sleep six hours or less on school nights. I have a few hours between class and work. It's my catch up time.

Naps are great. I didn't used to take them, but now I take them every week.
    Forever Goal: Strength

Weightlifting sucks. I just like to lift heavy things.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    man i loved naps, i missed them so much, i used to take a nap every day in college, ****ing wish i could still do so....
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Altephor View Post
    I don't take naps because then I have trouble sleeping at night.

Although I really hate the 'accidental' naps, watching tv or something sometimes I'll fall asleep and be really confused when I wake up, especially if it was light out and is now dark.

Same here. If I take a nap, I won't be able to fall asleep past my regular bedtime for hours.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 11-13-2007 at 08:33 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    A naps gotta be like making love...spontaneus and unexpected. Thats how i feel anyhow.

Combat Infantryman
    I go from about 4am to 6 or 7pm, literally no time for naps. On wednesday I don't have class after my lab for an hour so if I have no homework to do I will sleep outside of my next class but that's about it.
    U.S. Army Infantry
    Eastern Michigan University Eagle

I love naps, though I often don't have the "self discipline" to make them short. I set my alarm for 30 minutes and zonk out for two hours. Bahbaow, irregular sleep patterns for like 3 days . But I do love when I get them right. Sometimes if I get to training early I will just take a quick one in my car for 20 minutes to half an hour.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikkstah View Post
    I go from about 4am to 6 or 7pm, literally no time for naps. On wednesday I don't have class after my lab for an hour so if I have no homework to do I will sleep outside of my next class but that's about it.
    Dude what the feck are you doing that's crazy busy man.
    Last edited by tomv; 11-14-2007 at 06:00 AM.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

i enjoy them, sometimes after a heavy workout ill eat and take a 1-2 hour nap before work.
    2000 or bust

I take naps pretty much every day that I can. I think it's a nice supplement to the 6-7 hours of sleep I get every weeknight.
    I've read that if you nap for longer than 20-30 then you're more likely to wake up groggy instead of alert and refreshed, so I cut it off at 25 usually. I've even started taking my lunch break at work at 2 or 3 in the afternoon and just going to nap in my car. It's wonderful.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

Wannabebig Member
    There's quite a lot of evidence that naps are really good for you. OP, isn't it more the fact that your flatmates don't do their share of the cleaning that annoys you? As another poster put it, would it make you happier if they were shopping, surfing the net or playing scrabble, rather than taking a nap?

I'm going to take a nap.

next-tyson-but-white arnoldsclone's Avatar
    i only take a nap when i am hung over or sick.....i can't get to sleep otherwise, unless it's bed time.....

Ahnold says, " milk is for babies!"
    "deadlift if you know"- myself
    Boxing/ working out 5 days a week!
    6'1"- 230lbs-and bulking till i can't stand the mirror
    Former fatass- whent from 302lbs to 207 lbs rippling 05-06
    bench 315
    deadlift 455
    squat 405
    big 3 total = 1175 lbs of RAW IRON!!!MUAHAHAHAHAHA

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78 View Post
    for those bitching about having to clean everything. Do you really think your roommates will ever clean if you keep doing it?
    LOL. We're a lot alike.
    Then you discover the magnitude of slob you live with.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Taking naps doesn't make you lazy. Not taking care of the household duties and napping makes you lazy.

I can't take short naps. If I'm not out for at least 2 hours, I get up more tired than when I laid down.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Combat Infantryman
    Quote Originally Posted by tomv View Post
    Dude what the feck are you doing that's crazy busy man.
    Smashing ****ing weights and exercising my brain in class.
    U.S. Army Infantry
    Eastern Michigan University Eagle

I can't workout after taking a nap, so I don't like them. They say the body is best prepped for a workout if you've been awake for at least 4 hrs.
    Journal

Before you go to train everyday, think about the less fortunate and what they would give to just have the opportunity to be training like a madman.

"The squat rack is my church, the dead lift platform my temple."

Team Stocky - "It's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle."
    The Rawmighty Team Stocky.

Quote Originally Posted by Killa Kurt View Post
    They say the body is best prepped for a workout if you've been awake for at least 4 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritzol View Post
    Hence if you wake up and go straight to the gym, there is a good chance you won't have one of your best workouts. What don't you get about what I posted?
    Journal

Before you go to train everyday, think about the less fortunate and what they would give to just have the opportunity to be training like a madman.

"The squat rack is my church, the dead lift platform my temple."

Team Stocky - "It's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle."
    The Rawmighty Team Stocky.

Hence if you wake up and go straight to the gym, there is a good chance you won't have one of your best workouts. What don't you get about what I posted?
    I've just never heard that before..

I always thought first thing in the morning was one of the BEST times to workout..

Zzzz...Zzzz...

I can't workout after taking a nap, so I don't like them. They say the body is best prepped for a workout if you've been awake for at least 4 hrs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritzol View Post
    I've just never heard that before..

I always thought first thing in the morning was one of the BEST times to workout..
    I think the only thing to keep in mind about heavy training right after waking up is fluid building up in the spinal cord or some **** like that while you sleep. Being awake for awhile first allows this to drain.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

To bring up an old thread. I took a nap for the first time today. I was dead beat from the past 2 days and had a bad headache so I layed down. I didnt REALLY sleep since I was in and out of it, waking up to even the slightest sound, but it really didnt do all that much. I admit I am alot less tired now but I dont feel that much different. I slept for 2 hours. I have mixed feelings about naps.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

I love taking naps, but I always hate when I oversleep and wake up having wasted half the day.

I also hate when I half wake up after just getting into a deep dream, I feel like I'm stoned almost, not quite sure wtf is going on, I look at the clock and it doesn't make sense, the day feels all weird, etc.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002