Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: lost girlfriend of 5 years

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    Sorry to hear about the break-up, doc...but it sounds like it's for the better. The fact that you are sad/angry about it attests to the good that was in the relationship at one time. Even if it was the right thing to do, it still hurts

Something good is probably right around the corner for you and now you'll be ready for it

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

bone crusher
    Originally posted by aikigreg
    Oh Doc, the one thing I learned is that the best way to get over her is to post naked pics of her on the web

lol...sorry but the only naked pic was taken of me, i dont think anyone would be interested in that one...lol

bone crusher
    chris i have mentioned that before
    unfortunately, she took everything i suggested as me trying to "force" my will on her... it only seemed to make her clam up more. at least before she called me she said she was making an appointment to see a therapist. She also sees a psychiatrist. This is what i meant by her having issues, ESPECIALLY body issues and self confidence issues!

yes tryska, i am gonna try to find a fun new dog for a while.

that was how the old dog used to be, she was really fun, enjoyed sex, and frankly was my best friend. recently very few of those things have been true.

gino, actually several of my friends have been ditched lately as well. no wonder country music stays in business. I feel like one of those songs...lol
    at least though i had been expecting it these last few days. I was more prepared when i talked to her.

bone crusher
    yes icrrr, i will be ready.

Originally posted by the doc

gino, actually several of my friends have been ditched lately as well. no wonder country music stays in business. I feel like one of those songs...lol

Nah you life is not like those songs. In addition to your girl leaving you, your dog didn't leave or was run over by a truck, you didn't lose your job and best friend. All of these occurrences have to happen before your life is like a country song.

bone crusher
    lol

Im sorry to hear that bro. Good luck dealing with it. I have been with my girlfriend almost a year and a half. Were completely compatible I cant imagine anything ever going wrong.

.. Shes my perfect angel.

i dont understand your view of how a relationship fails when it ends. this would mean the majority of relationships you have if not all are failures. things come things go doesn`t mean it failed.

marry her or cut it offfffff -
    being single is fun

like losing your job, it is exciting sort of bt it sucks at the same time, new peple new challenges, another chapter.

bone crusher
    well she was supposed to call me but i haven't heard from her...