The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Best Fitness Books

What fitness books are you guy's favorites? I am probably going to go out and buy 2 or 3, which do you recommend?
    These may be either lifting books, or diet books, or whatever.
    I am going to get Natural Hormonal Enhancement.
    What do you like?
    Titan

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

they all suck, if you buy one you're wasting your money, and especially don't get titan training, wow.......what a MOTHER ******* waste of money.
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

BodyRx is an awesome book.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

BodyRx is an awesome book
    Is that by MET-Rx?

Originally posted by Goin_Big
    they all suck, if you buy one you're wasting your money
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Don't waste your money on Body-For-Life either. Motivational crap with no real useful content.
    teh ownz joo all 4 free! if joo don't like it, you is teh GHEY!
    -Voodazz

Have any of ya read Get Buffed by Ian King?
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Originally posted by TreeTrunks

Is that by MET-Rx?
    It's by Dr. Scott Connelly, the creater of Met-Rx and basically supplements in general. He's a guy who definately practices what he preaches. He's 50 some years old, 230 pounds and about 4.5 percent bodyfat, and does no cardio whatsoever. He's a master of metabolism, and an all around intelligent guy. He began creating "supplements" for severe burn patients to help them maintain their health. This led to the formulation of products to help prevent the loss of muscle mass. His nutritional information is ACE.

Where did you buy this book? online store?
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Yeah, you can get it at like amazon.com

Aight. thanks.

Serious Strength Training

Awesome info .. great periodization routines.. by Tudor O Bompa, PhD and Lorenzo J Cornacchia

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Arnold Schwarzenneggar's New Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding.

Maybe a bit unrealistic in its views or representations of what a workout should look like for a beginner, but it has an awesome library of different movements and great information on every aspect of pro bodybuilding. Arnie's past, the histories of some of his BB buddies, how he started, posing, everything. Its a great book.

Hip Hop Superstar
    I bought a few myself. There's only one that I reference very often. It's like a manual for the body. Here's the link over to amazon. AND it's cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...135583-2140905

Just picked up a copy of Body Rx over my lunch hour. Looks like it could be a very good read, although i didn't really see any pictures of the good Doctor inside.

Thanks for the suggestion, guys!
    teh ownz joo all 4 free! if joo don't like it, you is teh GHEY!
    -Voodazz

Originally posted by Budiak
    Arnold Schwarzenneggar's New Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding.
    Yes, totally useless but good for motivation

BIG BOI
    best training book: brawn

best nutrition book: nhe

Originally posted by Cue-Ball
    Just picked up a copy of Body Rx over my lunch hour. Looks like it could be a very good read, although i didn't really see any pictures of the good Doctor inside.

Thanks for the suggestion, guys!
    You can find a few pictures of him at www.bodyrx.com

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    I think Arnie's book is not a book on fitness, but more a...historical document on bodybuilding. He was an old schooler, they didnt know what we know, but they did it their way. This book is about the way that his generation of bodybuilders did it. Its interesting to see the differences in technique, thought, and the physiques of the older and newer guys.

Definately Muscle Media, or Mens Fitness.