Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Promoted from weak turdling to just weak :)

  1. #1
    Senior Member BFGUITAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,618

    Promoted from weak turdling to just weak :)

    My record bench was 190. Last week I could BARELY get 185. There is this guy I see at the gym every so often, one of the few who knows what they are doing. I think hes pretty active on T-Nation. But anyways, I told him whats been goin on and he basically says I cant leave till I hit a PR (joke of course). I remember seeing here that before you hit your one rep max its good to warm up but not nearly as close to your one rep max. I never really did this and would bench maybe 15 pounds less than my old one rep max. I warmed up to 155x1 and than tried 197.5. It flew up EASY. I surprised myself. I than tried for a 205. Its came up with some difficulty but I hit it.

    Finally passed the 200 mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    My current lifts are as follows:

    Bench: 205
    Squat: 250
    Dead: 320

    For a nice total of 775, about 75 pounds more than 1.5 months ago.

    Westside rules

  2. #2
    lockupgym.com waynedang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    493
    good job! Now on to 225+
    pain is inevitable suffering is optional

    www.ryanopower.com

    http://www.prowriststraps.com

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,548
    nice work! You can't leave the Toronto meet until you hit a PR

  4. #4
    cakin Cirino83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,239
    congrats. PR are awesome. 225 next up. LOL @ weak turdling.

  5. #5
    T.J.W. nhlfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,325
    you're seeing great gains. Congrats.
    -Matt
    gym lifts: squat: 341lbs, deadlift: 374lbs, bench: 275lbs
    My journal: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85034
    "Fk you and the Prowler you rode in on"

  6. #6
    Yeah, I know.....Its huge Ockhams_Razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kzoo, MI
    Posts
    17
    good to hear, congrats bro
    "Only advantage of having a larger ROM in the gym is to punch newbies who try to steal your equipment." -mikey4402

  7. #7
    GreenG mickyjune26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Denton, TX (by Dallas)
    Posts
    1,515
    Awesome job man. Maybe you could start an online journal with "weak turdling" in the title. THat would be memorable.
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

  8. #8
    Senior Member Sidior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    5,029
    Fantastic work bro!
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

    Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

  9. #9
    Senior Member garjagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cambs, England
    Posts
    237
    Nice work. keep at it.

  10. #10
    Senior Member deeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,255
    That's awesome man! Breaking barriers is always a good feeling!
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

  11. #11
    WannabePLer fpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    838
    How long did it take you to achieve these goals? i.e. how long you been lifting for?


    Quote Originally Posted by BFGUITAR View Post
    My record bench was 190. Last week I could BARELY get 185. There is this guy I see at the gym every so often, one of the few who knows what they are doing. I think hes pretty active on T-Nation. But anyways, I told him whats been goin on and he basically says I cant leave till I hit a PR (joke of course). I remember seeing here that before you hit your one rep max its good to warm up but not nearly as close to your one rep max. I never really did this and would bench maybe 15 pounds less than my old one rep max. I warmed up to 155x1 and than tried 197.5. It flew up EASY. I surprised myself. I than tried for a 205. Its came up with some difficulty but I hit it.

    Finally passed the 200 mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    My current lifts are as follows:

    Bench: 205
    Squat: 250
    Dead: 320

    For a nice total of 775, about 75 pounds more than 1.5 months ago.

    Westside rules

  12. #12
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,704
    I agree, great job!


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  13. #13
    Senior Member BFGUITAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,618
    Quote Originally Posted by fpr View Post
    How long did it take you to achieve these goals? i.e. how long you been lifting for?
    Its been about one and a half years. I started at the worst point possible. Most people are stronger after so much time lifting.

    BTW I hit a new deadlift and squat PR today.

    New squat: 255 (kinda half assed, gonna do it again)
    New deadlift: 340!!!!!!!!!! Beat my old record by 20 pounds. I think I could have gone for more but I was tired after squatting.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    183
    congrats, man. good job.

    p.s. the guy a few posts ago was dead on; Westside Rules.
    Last edited by zztoproadster; 11-28-2007 at 11:10 PM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Chickenlegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The H.H. 35
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by BFGUITAR View Post
    Its been about one and a half years. I started at the worst point possible. Most people are stronger after so much time lifting.

    BTW I hit a new deadlift and squat PR today.

    New squat: 255 (kinda half assed, gonna do it again)
    New deadlift: 340!!!!!!!!!! Beat my old record by 20 pounds. I think I could have gone for more but I was tired after squatting.
    You're good for a 360 dead if you do it before squatting. Nice job.

  16. #16
    GreenG mickyjune26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Denton, TX (by Dallas)
    Posts
    1,515
    awesome job man. Just keep lifting and eating hard!
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

  17. #17
    SchModerator ZenMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,478
    how long have you been doing westside?
    Sarvamangalam!

  18. #18
    Senior Member BFGUITAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,618
    1.5 months.

  19. #19
    Watchya talkn bout willis
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,028
    nice progress bf, i just started westside too.
    Weight:207
    375/300/365 Goal by summer:415/315/415

Similar Threads

  1. Westside 'Til You Die!
    By silles in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 05:49 AM
  2. Making progress but still feeling weak
    By BFGUITAR in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 05:21 AM
  3. weak stomach
    By cwm in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2006, 05:30 PM
  4. could my problem be weak abs?
    By intensity in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2003, 02:59 PM
  5. WEAK bench...
    By Twiztid in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-28-2002, 10:35 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •