Thread: Need to lose weight; setting up a diet plan

Wannabebig New Member

Need to lose weight; setting up a diet plan

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. Anyway I am a college student and lifted alot in highschool which was years ago, but havent lifted since. I am trying to set a diet to go along with my workout plan. Throughout my college years my diet has consisted of mainly fast food, alot of soda, and alot of beer. I am 5'10 and 192 lbs, I am chubby but I dont look terrible. I would like to get down to about 165 lbs. I have gone to a few websites that estimate how many calories your body burns in a day and my estimate was 3300 calories which seems about right. I am thinking about intaking 2000 calories per day.

Anyway, the rough diet that have have come up with is as follows:
    1 bagel for breakfast
    1 subway melt (half of lunch, half for dinner)
    3 glasses of skim milk (1 with each meal)
    2 whey protein shakes throughout the day, with two scoops of protein each

The total calories for this comes out to 1740 with 17% fat, 45% carbs, 38% protein. For the last 260 cals I would eat various other foods, making sure to get some fruit in there every day to get about 2000 calories with about the 40/40/20 percentages.

I am a broke college kid, so I dont have alot of time or money to cook much. I chose a subway sub every day because it is healthy, cheap with the 2 for $8.99 deal, and I live within walking distance of a subway. I am working out with the wbb 1.1 routine on the website.

So, what do you all think of this diet? I havent started it yet, just an idea. Is eating a bagel for breakfast everyday, and having a subway sub every day not good? Do you think 2000 calories will be too little? I dont usually have a very big appetite. Is 40/40/20 the way best way for me to cut do you think? Is 4 scoop of protein (120 cals per scoop) too much for a 2000 calorie diet?

Thanks in advance for the input!

Seems like it might be hard to eat the same thing over and over each day. Might want to change it up a bit. JMHO.