The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Navy info.

NOOOOOOOOOB

Navy info.

Well a recruiter came by to talk to me after i took a practice ASVAB on the navy website.

I took the practice test he brought over on his laptop, scored a 65/66. He then said with that score, if i advanced my score the average a person does from the practice->real asvab that i could be in the Nuke program.

He made it sound great, like really fed me what i wanted to hear. I did some research on it after he left (we sat and talked about stuff for like 3.5 hours).

Turns out i will be in school for 8hours a day, and studying a mandatory 2 hours afterward. he explained the 'speed up' technique they use to rush information to me faster so i can retain it better. does anyone have any experience, or know anyone with navy experience?

seems like i would love the navy, it does apply to alot of stuff i want. my field (if doing well and becoming a NUC) i would get great pay(in or out of the service) and just be well off... and i would get to keep my lifting regiment after i get out of Bootcamp &all.

thank you in advance.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

My bestfriend went into the navy but the only advice I can impart is make sure you don't attend their bootcamp in the winter.
    -Stray-

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

I work out because I have two daughters.....and one day they'll be teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewnp View Post
    Well a recruiter came by to talk to me

He made it sound great
    Go figure? After watching the commercials on tv I'm pretty sure all those guys do is play golf and fight robots made of fire.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Wannabebig Member
    Ask Sailors who are not recruiters about their experiences. The Air Force, Army, and Navy all put on flashy commercials making tons of promises to get people to enlist. I have talked to recruiters before and the Marine recruiters seemed to be the most straightforward. Good luck in your decision.

NOOOOOOOOOB
    @stray, i will be attending bootcamp in the fall (late august through mid november i believe) because i am a senior now. thats what he told me roughly, i will ask for solid dates next time i see him.

@hahnB, my brother's friend that is in a wedding he is in said he has been doing this for 8 years, good money, and he gets time to golf when on 'sick leave' haha

@bassboy, i am going to try and find a few. my uncle knows a few sailors, and there might be a few in town. the other recruiter(mentioned above) said he will sit and talk to me if i want one day, so i will talk to him this weekend if i can. or exchange emails. googled some stuff and am reading around right now.
    Last edited by andrewnp; 11-30-2007 at 08:10 PM.

wuuuu!
    pittsburgh (dont hate us cause you aint us)
    yo i leave march 31 as a gunners mate and you better study your ass off cause your gonna need around an 80

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    but the only advice I can impart is make sure you don't attend their bootcamp in the winter.
    And on that note, if you want to go to Officer Training down the road; don't attend (in Florida) in July.

Andrew, just a question... have you ever heard of ANYBODY getting a poor grade on their asvab? Honestly, everyone I've ever talked to somehow managed top 10% on their test and the recruiter always seems to promise them that they'll be working on missiles/airplanes/intel/something flashy.

Just ask yourself this... would a recruiter EVER EVER EVER tell someone "Actually, no, you're just qualified to peel potatoes"? Hell no. They might sweet talk you and tell you that you'll be working on friggin sharks with friggin lasers in their forehead but then once you've signed the papers the sharks disappear... just know that going in, man.
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

Quote Originally Posted by andrewnp View Post
    Well a recruiter came by to talk to me

He made it sound great, like really fed me what i wanted to hear. I did some research on it after he left (we sat and talked about stuff for like 3.5 hours).
    I am also a recruiter/salesman. We are SUPPOSED to feed people what they want to hear.

Mcirish is spot on.

I think going into the service is usefull if youre canonfood...poor with no hope.. If you got a decent life going, dont go.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

They feed you what they want to here. When I was doing Criminal Science before I switched to biology a recruiter on campus said if I joined the marines he could get me into the CIA...
    Last edited by markdk86; 12-06-2007 at 10:09 AM.