The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Limited equipment and deadlifts

Are deadlifts possible with only dumbbells? If so, should there be any limit to the amount of weight put on the dumbbells? Thanks, guys.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    I dont think you'll be able to put enough weight on dumbells to make it worth while. Why not get a barbell?
    Started 11/01/07 5'9" 245lbs 37%bf

My Fitday

Of course they are possible with only dumbbells. Like grtrat1 said, you'll probably be limiting yourself pretty soon because of the amount of weight you can fit on them... But, for now, work with what you have
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Wannabebig Member
    Struggling financially (college student, heh), so extraneous expenditures aren't exactly wise at the moment. Thanks for the help though, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by glover7 View Post
    Struggling financially (college student, heh), so extraneous expenditures aren't exactly wise at the moment. Thanks for the help though, guys.
    Your college doesn't have a gym facility available for a reasonable price to students?
    Full Powerlifting
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)

Wannabebig Member
    There is a gym facility, but with a twenty-one hour schedule filled to the brim with hw and excessive reading, I don't really have time to take a half-hour bus ride to and from a gym for a workout that can last anywhere from one to two hours due to overcrowding. It's a HUGE campus.

There is a gym facility, but with a twenty-one hour schedule filled to the brim with hw and excessive reading, I don't really have time to take a half-hour bus ride to and from a gym for a workout that can last anywhere from one to two hours due to overcrowding. It's a HUGE campus.
    Why not workout after/before class? I feel your pain on the overcrowded gyms. I worked out at my university gym for almost 2 years and the best thing was either 6am workouts or 2-3pm workouts. That way I'd miss the crowds.
    Full Powerlifting

Wannabebig Member
    Well, my schedule changes drastically from day to day. I'm an English major, and a couple of my professors are insane, so readings could be anywhere from reading a short story over the course of a week to reading a novel in the space of a night. I suppose early mornings are a possibility, though.

Well, my schedule changes drastically from day to day. I'm an English major, and a couple of my professors are insane, so readings could be anywhere from reading a short story over the course of a week to reading a novel in the space of a night. I suppose early mornings are a possibility, though.
    School is your job.

Go to the gym right after your last class and you will have successfully included this lifestyle in your job by tacking on 1 hour to the time you would have been on campus.

Then, go home and eat, read, and study.

On days you have class until very late, then tack on 1 hour to your job before class.

Or, you could be like me and skip class alot in order to go to the gym and eat when you want.

I was in the air force in the great sandbox and still made myself go to the gym tent despite working almost 24hrs/day...so I don't wanna hear it