The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: took my asvab.

NOOOOOOOOOB

took my asvab.

93, finished in an hour. yeah boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

recruiter came out and just said "okay we get it, you are ***ing smart. didn't have to show off"

the general score to qualify for nuke program is an 80.

now i get to go lift, but no squat or DL(might do lightweights).. babying my knee for a little, sadly only bench and dips today.
    Last edited by andrewnp; 12-05-2007 at 05:17 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Good Job.... A buddy of mine scored a perfect! What Branch of service? I hope you already locked up a huge signing bonus and college funds.

Are you aiming at joining the military?.......cause if you ain't those guys will hound you for years to come. I didn't really know what it was and scored in the high 90's, and they were knocking or calling literally every other day.

NOOOOOOOOOB
    i am looking at stuff now. dont have 1 direct resource for bonuses and stuff. using NukeWorker.com but not getting alot of info. :[

if anyone has a single site that will help me see all bonuses and stuff, that would be reallly good.

I scored pretty high as well, I think 85?

If I would have joined the services I would have gotten **** tons of money for school and some for whatever else.

Combat Infantryman
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnp View Post
    i am looking at stuff now. dont have 1 direct resource for bonuses and stuff. using NukeWorker.com but not getting alot of info. :[

if anyone has a single site that will help me see all bonuses and stuff, that would be reallly good.
    Active Duty Infantry is the highest at 40,000. Reserve/Guard Infantry is 2nd at 20,000. Everything else is drastically lower than that.
    Last edited by Bikkstah; 12-05-2007 at 09:53 PM.
    U.S. Army Infantry
    Eastern Michigan University Eagle

wuuuu!
    pittsburgh (dont hate us cause you aint us)
    joined the navy gunners mate me and my best friend got the same job and leave the same day march 31. cant wait my best friends brother scored in the high 90s and he is gonna make some serious cash its worth it

What's an asvab? Sounds painful
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

I wannabebig!
    took me 40 minutes and I scored a 99 =p

NOOOOOOOOOB
    Quote Originally Posted by ryuage View Post
    took me 40 minutes and I scored a 99 =p
    lucky

i am going to say id like to go to the Nuclear Field, he kept running ti by me and the challenge seems good. going to call him today and fnd out all the info i am wondering about. and then ask my other recruiter i know about it too. see if they say the same thing

only thing i know i what i will be doing after bootcamp+ my enlistment bonus.

Wannabebig New Member
    Great job bro ...my little brother is in the army (bomb disposal) he leaves for afghanistan in a couple months ... He got a signing bonus and a 10,000 bonus for graduating bomb disposal school ... he loves it .

I'm so proud of him .

Keep it up bro ...do something with yourself .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

Wannabebig Member
    He says that you'll be for sure working with the nuclear program, tell him to put it in writing. Don't get screwed...
    5'11" 175lb
    DL: 375 BP: 255 SQ: 275

NOOOOOOOOOB
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve24 View Post
    He says that you'll be for sure working with the nuclear program, tell him to put it in writing. Don't get screwed...

just talked to my uncle and his friend (uncle is ex-army officer, runs a company now and his friend was in a nuke program) and said biggest thing in the world, doesn't matter what they say. its what they say on the paper you sign.

uncle is coming over on saturday when the recruiter comes... we are getting to the bottom of the officer program and all, id rather retire as an officer after 20/30 years if i make it my career. and get the most i can out of my experience.

Does the asvab score really matter all that much? Our highschool just took it and everyone that actually tried hard received around the 70-95 mark. Some overly sized (fat) lieutenant/recruiter from the National Guard came and talked to us about our scores. Basically he talked about joining the Guard or some sort of Army service or else we would be financially screwed all of our lives. Pretty much what he intended: Join The Army or Else! Then he kept telling us how impossible it is to go to college if you aren't in some branch of the Army...

-Jordon

Quote Originally Posted by jordonwuff View Post
    Does the asvab score really matter all that much? Our highschool just took it and everyone that actually tried hard received around the 70-95 mark. Some overly sized (fat) lieutenant/recruiter from the National Guard came and talked to us about our scores. Basically he talked about joining the Guard or some sort of Army service or else we would be financially screwed all of our lives. Pretty much what he intended: Join The Army or Else! Then he kept telling us how impossible it is to go to college if you aren't in some branch of the Army...

-Jordon
    You would think that they make the test pretty easy so that most kids think they're great and can't let their "abilities" go to waste. They shove a bunch of money your way and then this guy even went as far as to flat out lie to you.

Millions of students attend college without involving some branch of the service...