The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

lets talk about your bench shirt(s)

I only been using my Titan F6 single ply and have wondered what the denim, velcro back, open back, etc shirts are like. These "fancy" bench shirts really hurt the wallet so chances are I will have to wait for my tax refund before I get ahold of a denim/velcro back.
    What bench shirts have you tried? How did you like it? Im real interested to hear about the Inzer Denim Radical.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

NASA KY CHAIRMAN NASAKYCHAIRMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jtteg_x View Post
    I only been using my Titan F6 single ply and have wondered what the denim, velcro back, open back, etc shirts are like. These "fancy" bench shirts really hurt the wallet so chances are I will have to wait for my tax refund before I get ahold of a denim/velcro back.
    What bench shirts have you tried? How did you like it? Im real interested to hear about the Inzer Denim Radical.
    Inzer EHPHD Blast Shirt
    Inzer Denim
    Inzer Phenom
    Inzer Rage X

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    WWW.ATLARGENUTRITION.COM

GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

Quote Originally Posted by jtteg_x View Post
    Here's what I've tried:

• Inzer EHPHD: First shirt I ever used, and my current single ply shirt. Absolutely love it.
    • Inzer Rage: Not bad. Didn't get much out of it.
    • Inzer Rage X: A lot better than the Rage. Good material. Easy groove. This one was ok for me.
    • Titan Fury: Did not like this shirt. I would rather use a Rage X.
    • Titan F6: Same as Fury in that I don't like this shirt.
    • Inzer Black DD Open Back with velcro: This is my current 2ply shirt, I've used it once and love it already. Very similar groove to the EHPHD just a lot thicker and tougher. Patience is the key with this shirt.

Although most people are using the Titan/Inzer polys, I'm not a big fan of them. I used to train lockout lockout lockout and use those shirts, and got nowhere. Now I use the old school basic shirts and train only full range, and I've never had more success. Inzer bench shirts are still #1 in my opinion.
    Last edited by TommyBoy; 12-06-2007 at 12:48 PM.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    That's good to hear. I'l be using my RageX for the first time tonight so we'll see how it goes.
    I thought for sure the damn thing didn't fit. I called Inzer and checked and I measured correctly. I just have to have Juan-John force me into it.
    The guys at ST almost all use Metal and Titan shirts.
    I tried an open backed Metal but haven't used em enough to give an opinion.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Banned
    Inzer DD
    Metal Viking
    3 Rage X's
    Inzer DD/poly

DD
    - good stopping power
    - good support
    - not great for long arms
    - easiest to learn

Metal Viking
    - good stopping power
    - higher groove than I like
    - pretty good support thru-out the lift

Double Rage X
    - a bith for long arms
    - great support thru-out the lift
    - not good if you have trouble touching
    - nice low groove
    - stretches out quickly

DD/poly
    - great support
    - good stopping power
    - good power off the chest
    - not graet for long arms

Don't get the velcro on the shirt. You don't need it. I think the DD has the easiest learning curve.

I'll be trying the Metal line as soon as they send them to me. I'll keep you posted.
    Last edited by RhodeHouse; 12-06-2007 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dusst View Post
    i jus wear w.e shirt i put on in the morning when i wake up.

wuts so great about 'bench' shirts. sounds cool tho.
    Hush now, the big kids are talking. You'll understand in a few years.

I'm looking to get in my first shirt fairly soon- I bench with a decent arch (albeit not a huge one), with a pretty low bar path (I touch about a third of the way down between my sternum and navel), and with a pretty narrow grip (pinkies on the rings). I keep my elbows tucked throughout the lift (I don't flare them, typically) and press in a straight vertical path. I may have found some experienced guys to train with, and I fully expect them to tear apart my form, so all of this information might be worthless and outdated shortly.

If I keep my bar path basically the same, what shirt would people recommend for me? I was thinking about a single ply F6 or RageX. Thoughts?
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

Rick, if you're getting a single ply, go with the Titan Katana. Best single ply around. Once you get into double plys there's alot of debate on preference. I like a double Titan F6, but alot of guys lifting more than I use double Rage X's.
    Can't wait 'til tomorrow, 'cause I get stronger every day!

Quote Originally Posted by dusst View Post
    i jus wear w.e shirt i put on in the morning when i wake up.

wuts so great about 'bench' shirts. sounds cool tho.
    ****in ******. I don't know how in the hell you made 100 useless posts without anyone knowing.
    Kick rocks.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    ha ha ha ha, thats hilarious, i havent heard that one in a while.....lol

KICK ROCKS BIATCH!!!!

..lol
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

I prolly have one of the craziest shirt set ups on here. My moto is gangster the hell out of the shirt and then play in it

Rage X ~
    ~ Double ply
    ~ Open Back
    ~ Velcro on Butt
    ~ Lowered Collar 1 and a half inches
    ~ Crazy Reinforced Collar
    ~ Reinforced Shoulder Seams
    ~ Grid Stitch 2 inch pattern
    ~ 3 inches off arm length I got short upper arms

I think that is about it!!!

I just got a Super D Duper Phenom but dont know yet if I like it or not

The shirt I did my first 800 and 800 plus in was a Black Double Denim with all the same alterations as above. Loved that shirt but it ripped in the Animal Cage and Blew in the next contest I did.

I have tried other Black Denims but none ever came close to that one.

I have also used the Ultimate Denim but could never get anything to touch in that one. It also had the same alterations as above. I might get that one out and try it again seeing as how I'm lighter now it might work better.

Wolfy!!!
    Last edited by bigbadwolfe; 12-06-2007 at 06:47 PM.
    MONSTER MODE

I use the Katana now but have used:
    Inzer blast
    hphd
    single denim
    double denim
    RageX (lasted one workout )

Titan
    fury
    f6 single and double
    Katana
    pain is inevitable suffering is optional

www.ryanopower.com

http://www.prowriststraps.com

Inzer Double Denim open back is the best double to learn in. Sinlge ply, go with a Rage X. Keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwolfe View Post
    I prolly have one of the craziest shirt set ups on here. My moto is gangster the hell out of the shirt and then play in it

Rage X ~
    ~ Double ply
    ~ Open Back
    ~ Velcro on Butt
    ~ Lowered Collar 1 and a half inches
    ~ Crazy Reinforced Collar
    ~ Reinforced Shoulder Seams
    ~ Grid Stitch 2 inch pattern
    ~ 3 inches off arm length I got short upper arms

I think that is about it!!!
    Wolfy!!!

You forgot to get the sleeves round stitched! Luyando told me to do that. I also get no velcro. I hate velcro on an open back. Oh yeah, this shirt is all kind of jacked. I got it the other day and I can't stop looking at it. This Friday will be my first training in about a month, but I doubt I will be ready to put on this monster.

Inzer Blast: Like a t-shirt with a little support. Very cheap and very easy to bench in. I got about 25lbs out of this shirt.

Inzer RageX: Loved using this shirt. Pretty easy to learn (with a lot of good coaching) and never had trouble touching in it. Got about 120lbs out of it.

Inzer Double RageX: Used this shirt 8 times in training and have yet to touch a weight in it. Really struggling but I will keep working the hell out of it as I believe that it will give me a huge carryover once I figure it out. Planning to finally get a new number on my board tonight.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

I got an opinion on the RageX.

If you're a bodybuilder with any kind of lats you're gonna have to split the back in it. I tried it for the first time last night and it was nowhere near close to working.
    Someone else there had a 52 with the back cut out. I tried that and it fit great.
    Unfortunately, when the guys threw 455 on the 2 board for me last week I felt the outer head of my bicep throw a fit stabilizng the weight... and it's screwed up. I dropped 400 on myself last night trying to touch low enough when it gave out.

Outta the box the RageX didn't work for me until I butchered it up.
    Last edited by Hatred; 12-07-2007 at 09:50 AM.

I have had a Fury,a couple f6`s, and now a double rage x.
    The rage x dbl feels great, more comforatable than the others, I have a hard time touching in any of them, I have long arms and a long rom, even a little loose i can get a good amount out of the dbl rage x. Titan f6 is pretty good also.

How much are you getting out of the F-6, Hatred? It should be good for at least 25-30% over your raw bench. I get about 110 lbs out of mine.

I've only used the F-6 thus far, but am now aboiut to foray into using the Katana. It's gonna take some getting used to but I'm expecting big things.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Don't know. I have a RageX.
    I hit 455 with it after I exploded my bicep.
    I bench 375 Raw so 80lbs now.

Wannabebig Member
    KARIN'S for me! open back, dd denim, MM cut! I have a crazy raw bench so the shirt helps me out some! Got to go Karin's!