The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Presidential Video EVER

Video
    Last edited by Genacide; 11-26-2007 at 02:07 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    it is decided.

I'd like it a lot more if Huckabee weren't a complete scumbag. Worst candidate in the field IMHO.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Funny you say that, I like him the best of all of them. LOL.

I never understood the whole Chuck Norris 'thing'. I still don't

That was awesome... just awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by d'Anconia View Post
    I'd like it a lot more if Huckabee weren't a complete scumbag. Worst candidate in the field IMHO.
    Great Ad. To bad Ron Paul can't do something like this.

Why do you dislike Huckabee? I've read a little and seems that his administration was very corrupt in Arkansas and his actions appear to be pro Amnesty. I jsut don't know a lot of specifics.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

There were no such thing as giraffes until Chuck Norris hit a horse with an uppercut.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Wannabebig New Member
    That was awesome .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

Chuck Norris for president!

p.s. Did you know Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer..? Too bad he never cries
    "Fine, if I'm not allowed to light it on fire, can my imaginary friend?"

That was awesome.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    There were no such thing as giraffes until Chuck Norris hit a horse with an uppercut.
    ROFL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    Great Ad. To bad Ron Paul can't do something like this.

Why do you dislike Huckabee? I've read a little and seems that his administration was very corrupt in Arkansas and his actions appear to be pro Amnesty. I jsut don't know a lot of specifics.
    I actually wrote out a long reply but deleted it on accident.

Basically he took a bunch of the furniture out of the governor's mansion when he left. If it was government property he wasn't allowed to do that. If it was a gift then he had broken the law by accepting the gift as a politician (greater than $100 value).

He pardoned a murderer who later went on to rape and murder someone.

He's trying to play things off like he's a conservative and yet he had a net increase in taxes during his governorship. He even pushed legislation to give tax dollars to illegal aliens for scholarships. He's pro amnesty. He wants a federal ban on cigarettes and fatty foods. Heck considering we have steroid users on this forum this is the one guy who would probably pursue criminal charges against steroid users the most. He also wants socialized healthcare.

He seems to be a bit of an egomaniac too. Every time he opens his mouth it's to talk about himself some more. Juxtapose that with RP who hardly ever says a word about himself but focuses on the political issues. One thing that ticked me off too is Huckabee has previously stated to journalists that Ron Paul is "not electable" which IMO is a pretty sleazy thing to say about your competition. You can attack someone for ethical lapses in judgment and political positions but calling someone unelectable is just stupid.

Oh and how about that time he said all the signers of the Declaration of Independence were priests and ministers? Someone took the time to look up that claim and found that only ONE was...

I remember seeing a site that took candidates' statements and gaged how factful (if that's even a word) they were. Most of Huckabee's statements weren't just untrue but actually outrageous.

But he used to be a minister so he gets a lot of the votes from the religious right when in fact he's probably the most authoritarian of all the candidates in the field.
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Oh and those are only a couple of the ethical problems he's had during his political career. I didn't feel like looking up any more because it's not like I'd really even consider voting for him anyway.
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Not sure if anyone watched by at the GOP debate last night Chuck Norris was in the audience, they also showed it this morning on the news highlights.

Chuck Norris Approved!!!
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Oh and those are only a couple of the ethical problems he's had during his political career. I didn't feel like looking up any more because it's not like I'd really even consider voting for him anyway.
    I also found it funny that he wants to abolish the IRS like RP. But he actually got some pub for it, which pundits bashed on both sides.

Did it piss you off last night, at least it seemed to me, that Ron Paul got the least amount of questions asked to him and the questions that were asked him were kind of stupid and childish.

I think Ron Paul stumbled a bit on his answers, especially naming the Kurds. However, thankfully the one guy specifically asked Paul if he was crazy like a fox and getting the message out and then going to run Independent. Also the CNN deomcrat strategist thought Ron Paul was the clearest on his answers and what his ideas were.

I was really disappointed in the debate, with the questions. Where was stuff on Iran, on alternative fuel, health care etc. IMO Paul is getting the shaft, why can't one analyst say, like you did, Paul is the only candidate who is clear with his ideas, doesn't make it about him, and isn't part of the political machine. But probably that is his downfall and also what is attractive about him.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Hhahahha was that your first time watching the debates? He was treated better in this debate than he usually is and I thought the format was pretty entertaining. Trust me when you watch the debates as an RP supporter you have to go in with low expectations. The media corporations don't want him elected because he'll kill their lobbying power and the government doesn't want him in because he'd take away a lot of their power.

The debates are unfair and they always will be, heck they even had the gall to give him a YouTube question asking him if he'd run as a 3rd party...

And yeah that post-debate analyst was pretty stupid, he bashed Huckabee saying "where does he expect the government to get the money from" when it's very well known that Huckabee is one of the strongest supporters/sponsors of the Fair Tax. Yes RP has said he wants to get rid of the IRS but also Tancredo sponsored the Fair Tax so you actually have 3 candidates who advocate the abolishment of the IRS. I actually took the time to call in and complain about that "analyst".
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Hhahahha was that your first time watching the debates? He was treated better in this debate than he usually is and I thought the format was pretty entertaining. Trust me when you watch the debates as an RP supporter you have to go in with low expectations. The media corporations don't want him elected because he'll kill their lobbying power and the government doesn't want him in because he'd take away a lot of their power.

The debates are unfair and they always will be, heck they even had the gall to give him a YouTube question asking him if he'd run as a 3rd party...

And yeah that post-debate analyst was pretty stupid, he bashed Huckabee saying "where does he expect the government to get the money from" when it's very well known that Huckabee is one of the strongest supporters/sponsors of the Fair Tax. Yes RP has said he wants to get rid of the IRS but also Tancredo sponsored the Fair Tax so you actually have 3 candidates who advocate the abolishment of the IRS. I actually took the time to call in and complain about that "analyst".
    I actually thought the first two debates, RP got better questions asked of him. The best thing is that it is coming out that CNN was completely biased with the YouTube questions, one being a campaigner for Hillary Clinton, one being a Gay Activist that has a history of being anti-Republican (not that they shouldn't be asking questions, but come on), another was a anti-Business activist, the lady who asked the lead paint toys question.

Hey, I got my RP sign in my yard and my RP hat, and not a day goes by where someone doesn't ask me, WHO IS RP? My neighbor came back to me yesterday and said they liked what they saw online and made a comment, why haven't I heard about this guy before. I am hoping for a 4th place spot in Iowa, maybe that will make the media mention his name.

Huckabee wants socialized health care? Where did you get that?
    age---------22
    weight------140 145 150 155 160 165 170 and counting
    height------ 5'9"

Bench 225x1 | Squat 325x1 | Deadlift 355x5
    My Journal

Remember - if it were easy then everyone would do it.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    Ron Paul cant get the ticket, he doesnt play the game right...

he doesnt exactly fit the mold and frame minded thinking to be a true canidate.

we as americans like all of our canidates slices from the same molding and just plugged in and let go

we dont have room for anything new, any new thoguths, new ideas new polices, non of that hippe **** for us hard core americans, we like the electoral college, our big trucks, or hybrid cars, shot guns, and swicth blades, or wrngelr jeans and lucky brand and jesus, and budah and anyone in between and be damn if anyone is gonna take them from us cause Goddammnit, were americans!!

honestly i would love to vote for ron paul cause he really seems to be the only person who has anything new in mind and **** that could actually make a difference and make people responsible for there on sorry asses
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

and how about when John McCain compared his foreign policy to Hitler's?
    -Matt
    gym lifts: squat: 341lbs, deadlift: 374lbs, bench: 275lbs
    My journal: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85034
    "Fk you and the Prowler you rode in on"

Quote Originally Posted by nhlfan View Post
    and how about when John McCain compared his foreign policy to Hitler's?
    He didn't.

He compared Paul's foreign policy to FDR's isolationist policy, which ignored Hitler's atrocities for several years. He's saying that the United States simply cannot be isolationist.
    age---------22
    weight------140 145 150 155 160 165 170 and counting
    height------ 5'9"

Bench 225x1 | Squat 325x1 | Deadlift 355x5
    My Journal

Remember - if it were easy then everyone would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by hardgainer169 View Post
    He didn't.

He compared Paul's foreign policy to FDR's isolationist policy, which ignored Hitler's atrocities for several years. He's saying that the United States simply cannot be isolationist.
    Yeah you're right. When I watched it last night, I got the wrong message.
    Last edited by nhlfan; 11-30-2007 at 11:52 PM.
    -Matt
    gym lifts: squat: 341lbs, deadlift: 374lbs, bench: 275lbs
    My journal: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85034
    "Fk you and the Prowler you rode in on"

Huckabee wants socialized health care? Where did you get that?
    I was wrong. I don't know why I thought that. I guess after seeing how backwards some of his positions are that I just assume the worst from him.
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

He didn't.

Yeah I found it interesting that McCain didn't realize that Hitler WAS an interventionist. Plus it could be reasonably argued that US intervention into WWI helped break what would have been a stalemate but instead we ended up imposing the Treaty of Versailles which crippled Germany to the point where they were open to Hitler's ideas.

I was a bit let down that Ron Paul didn't openly address McCain's argument right on the spot, especially considering RP got the 3rd least talking time.
    Last edited by d'Anconia; 12-01-2007 at 12:04 AM.
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me