Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I AM LEGEND..thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    It ended too soon IMO. I thought they could have kept the storyline going.
    I went with 3 other people and we all the said the same thing. The first hour and 35 minutes or so of the movie was fantastic and then all of a sudden it ended. It's as if they ran out of budget and had to wrap up =\

I thought it was terrible. I typically have a policy of not seeing new movies because they have all sucked, but my friends were hanging out and I wanted to come, which meant having to see this piece of crap.

-Annoying Christian undertones ("God TOLD me!" "THERE IS NO GOD, THERE IS NO GOD!".. church at the end)
    -Pointless opening scene with, for some reason, a Ford Mustang in flawless, pristine condition
    -I want to smack his annoying son
    -The flashbacks did not contribute enough to the story (or at least what little story there was)
    -All the zombie things were CGI (takes away from the movie, in my opinion... go watch Evil Dead to know what I mean)
    -The guy recovered from a knife in the thigh very quickly... must be superhuman
    -Somehow the virus also mutated their vocal chords to that of a velociraptor/lion
    -Ethan was completely useless
    -Shrek.
    -No replay value... would not watch it again for free

Pretty much exactly. The knife and car things really bugged me.
    Last edited by Bako Lifter; 12-24-2007 at 12:10 PM.

next-tyson-but-white arnoldsclone's Avatar
    you guys are overreacting i thought the movie was GREAT, but they could've done without the cgi and had people in makeup etc that looked more realistic......

Ahnold says, " milk is for babies!"
    "deadlift if you know"- myself
    Boxing/ working out 5 days a week!
    6'1"- 230lbs-and bulking till i can't stand the mirror
    Former fatass- whent from 302lbs to 207 lbs rippling 05-06
    bench 315
    deadlift 455
    squat 405
    big 3 total = 1175 lbs of RAW IRON!!!MUAHAHAHAHAHA

I've never seen a movie where everthing is even 75% accurate. That's why it's a damn movie. Yeah, I agree with some of the stuff on his list, but dang dude, no wonder you don't watch movies..........

Btw, who's son? The little kid in the movie was supposed to be his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverName View Post
    I thought it was terrible. I typically have a policy of not seeing new movies because they have all sucked, but my friends were hanging out and I wanted to come, which meant having to see this piece of crap.

-Annoying Christian undertones ("God TOLD me!" "THERE IS NO GOD, THERE IS NO GOD!".. church at the end)
    -Pointless opening scene with, for some reason, a Ford Mustang in flawless, pristine condition
    -The flashbacks did not contribute enough to the story (or at least what little story there was)
    -All the zombie things were CGI (takes away from the movie, in my opinion... go watch Evil Dead to know what I mean)
    -Somehow the virus also mutated their vocal chords to that of a velociraptor/lion
    -Shrek.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Quote Originally Posted by CleverName View Post

-Shrek.

Wow, with such sharp criticism, I bet you make AWESOME movies

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

I didn't like IAL because I thought it was terrible compared to the book. Normally I try to divorce the two entities in my mind, but in this case the movie just left out so many emotionally integral plot elements that I just couldn't get into the film.

I really, really liked WS's performance, though. Good stuff.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

Quote Originally Posted by Organichu View Post
    I didn't like IAL because I thought it was terrible compared to the book. Normally I try to divorce the two entities in my mind, but in this case the movie just left out so many emotionally integral plot elements that I just couldn't get into the film.

I really, really liked WS's performance, though. Good stuff.

I agree that it was different, but I still think they did a damn good job catching a lot of the emotions. I think if they had followed the storyline a bit closer, they would've gotten a similar reaction to "Phone Booth". Very few people enjoyed how the movie remained in one location throughout its entirety. Even though IAL could've fed on some more of the emotions, I think a movie that followed hand in hand with the book wouldn't have done nearly as well.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

i thought it was a great movie. the storyline has been done, but i think it was a more intelligent take on what it would be like. i thought it was interesting how they somehow made bob marley the hero of this movie, i think the writer may have even named the movie after bobs cd
    CONSISTANT EFFORT is more important than any formula for success

Great movie!

Although I do agree that the ending left me wanting something more.

Now I've got to get a hold of a copy of the book so I can read it before school starts next semester!
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Banned
    I saw it with a bunch of friends and we all loved it. I plan on seeing it again, great stuff and I've even read the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    I agree that it was different, but I still think they did a damn good job catching a lot of the emotions. I think if they had followed the storyline a bit closer, they would've gotten a similar reaction to "Phone Booth". Very few people enjoyed how the movie remained in one location throughout its entirety. Even though IAL could've fed on some more of the emotions, I think a movie that followed hand in hand with the book wouldn't have done nearly as well.
    Oh yeah, I don't disagree at all- if it had more closely followed the book it wouldn't have garnered nearly as large a fanbase in the theaters. The things that I expected- the translation of certain plot components to film- were probably very unfeasible from a standpoint that's trying to sell the most tickets and DVDs.

I'm saying that as a fan of the book, it's very hard for me to take the film seriously. I admit, though, that the way I 'take' the book and the film shouldn't necessarily match exactly. The movie did what it needed to do, and it did it well- as I said, WS was amazing in his role.

I'd have liked it far more if I wasn't a fan of the book.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

My gosh i cant waiiiittttt to go see it.

I heard it was stupid from friends, but idk, any movie with will smith is awesome to me : ]

Now, i just need to find someone to go with : (
    Female, 17
    height- 4'7
    weight- 109.2

[Squat]-270Goal-350
    [Dead Lift]-290Goal-360
    [Bench]-145Goal-200

We're not here to blow sunshine up your ass. We're here to give you honest, fair opinions.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    I heard it was stupid from friends
    Well they suck. It's a good movie. You'll probably like it.

any movie with will smith is awesome to me : ]
    His acting performance is well done in this movie.
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 12-24-2007 at 07:17 PM.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Me too, I was expecting him more from the ending ... the ending is everything.
    "Damn, I'm looking good" -Duke Nukem
    "I look cool dude" -Pig From the Sky

Quote Originally Posted by 235orbust View Post
    i thought it was a great movie. the storyline has been done, but i think it was a more intelligent take on what it would be like. i thought it was interesting how they somehow made bob marley the hero of this movie, i think the writer may have even named the movie after bobs cd
    they named it after the Richard Matheson book.
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

Quote Originally Posted by mikey4402 View Post
    they named it after the Richard Matheson book.
    Yeah...I thought most people knew that.

it wasn't bad

I liked it.
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

Great book.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN View Post
    Yeah...I thought most people knew that.
    lol, i didnt even know it was based on a book before reading this thread. i still think its kind of ironic bob marleys cd they played throughout that movie is called legend
    CONSISTANT EFFORT is more important than any formula for success

Quote Originally Posted by mickyjune26 View Post
    The movie looks like it'll be a Will Smith version of many simlar movies released over the last few years. It does, however, look like it has some colorful shots and a decent budget.

Probably will wait until it goes to the $1 theaters.
    There are theaters that shows new movies for $1? That's gay, in Norway u gotta pay 20 dollars no matter how old, new or *****ty the movie is.

Quote Originally Posted by 235orbust View Post
    lol, i didnt even know it was based on a book before reading this thread. i still think its kind of ironic bob marleys cd they played throughout that movie is called legend
    I would think they did that more on purpose than it being irony.

Wannabebig Member so_calmaxwell's Avatar
    THE MOVIE WAS GREAT!

until the dog died.

Legend as a whole= crap.

The end wasn't good at all and boring.
    And why wouldn't you not just run the deer over instead of shoot it.

I don't know what book you all are talking about, but I thought I Am Legend is directly based on the Afterworld series. (see below)
    Video

All in all thought I think the movie was OK, it could have been a lot worse!
    Last edited by PumpIt; 12-25-2007 at 07:35 PM.