The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Lose a little weight and get stronger as well?

I have been trying to put on weight for about 3 or so months and I think it is time to cut back a little. Recently, I started Rippetoe's routine and I plan on doing it for a while. However, I have noticed how much body fat I have put on and want to get rid of most of it. Many months ago I was at 150 lbs. or so and now I am at 185 lbs. I am around 5'11 or 6'0.

My strength is improving in basically all my lifts except for bench press. I believe that now is the time to cut back eating so much and hopefully I won't lose my strength gains with this. So do you all believe it is possible for me to lose a bit of weight/fat and still keep increasing my lifts?

Thanks.
    Last edited by espn2829; 12-19-2007 at 10:13 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    It's possible. Your leverages for things like deadlifting and squatting may even get better. The biggest thing I notice when I cut back is a slight drop in the pressing movements. Once you stabilize your weight and continue hitting it hard, it will start to come back. Try to cut the wieght over a longer period of time and it's not quite as much of a shock and you won't lose as much.