Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 cheat meals a week?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by beachmuscles View Post
    Difference between living, and being shredded.
    Take steroids - problems solved

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkall2003 View Post
    What's your definition of a cheat meal? A thousand calorie nutrient void dinner? A cheat meal to me is two Oreo's. A cheat meal could also be a two pound steak loaded with steak sauce and potatoes with butter like I have once a month or so. It just depends what you consider a "cheat" meal. However, if you're going to be eating clean, my opinion is that you should have a cheat meal once every 10-14 days and make it under 500 calories. That's just my preference. It works for me. It satisfies a very small sweet-tooth that I have and it leaves me not feeling guilty.
    Dave Tate told Vincent and I, that he was allowed 1 cheat meal per week on his cut. As long as he kept eating, he could eat whatever and as much as he wanted. He said one meal, he had over 6000 calories. When he got full, he lined up raisins on the table and ate them, one at a time, until he got hungry again to eat. It's a cheat meal. That's the point of it. Do what you will.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Is it ok to cheat twice a week? Lately I've been cheating on Friday night with my buddies, and Saturday night with my girlfriend. Each of these meals are just random restaurant meals with a house salad and water. Some are worse then others, but none of them I would consider "clean". Usually a chicken or a steak dish...But not a total binge, just a meal out.

Can I stay lean/cut using two back to back cheat meals over the weekend? Friday is a training day, and a Saturday is an off day. I use to only cheat Friday night, but I started to cheat Saturday as well. Friday is a higher carb day, and Saturday is a lower carb day usually. I haven't noticed any differences in my BF levels, but it's only been 2 weeks I've done it for. I'm wondering if I can keep doing this, and stay fine.

Does anyone else have two cheat meals a week, and are you staying lean? I'm not really bulking right now, more so a slow cut. At about 8% bf right now at 190lbs, and would like to atleast maintain/cut a little more.
    As someone else already said, you can have ten cheat meals in a week and still stay lean.

As long as you take in less calories than you burn you will lose fat, regardless of what you eat. If you take in the same amount that you burn you will maintain weight.

It's not cheat meals that will get you fat per se. It's excess calories be they from clean meals or cheat meals.

Quote Originally Posted by Songsangnim View Post
    As someone else already said, you can have ten cheat meals in a week and still stay lean.

As long as you take in less calories than you burn you will lose fat, regardless of what you eat. If you take in the same amount that you burn you will maintain weight.

It's not cheat meals that will get you fat per se. It's excess calories be they from clean meals or cheat meals.
    I never really understood what you are telling me...I realize it's calories in vs. calories out. But, where do you draw the line?

So if I hit good calories #'s for a cut eating Pizza all day vs. eating grilled chicken/brown rice, am I going to look the same?

I mean anyone can lose fat, my brother is skinny as can be and eats hot pockets all day...does he look good, not at all.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    I never really understood what you are telling me...I realize it's calories in vs. calories out. But, where do you draw the line?

So if I hit good calories #'s for a cut eating Pizza all day vs. eating grilled chicken/brown rice, am I going to look the same?

I mean anyone can lose fat, my brother is skinny as can be and eats hot pockets all day...does he look good, not at all.

Well that's a different kettle of fish altogether. Obviously I'm not recommending anyone just eat pizza and ice cream all day. But a couple of cheat meals (especially under the conditions you described in your first post) per week is not going to make a huge difference if the rest of your meals are pretty clean. That's a very small percentage of your weekly total intake. If you eat say 5 meals a day that's 35 meals a week. 2 less clean ones (which still seem to be pretty high in protein) aren't going to make a noticeable difference...maybe if you were a pro bodybuilder.

As for your brother he probably doesn't train or rest right either...which is why he doesn't look good. As long as the vast majority of your meals are quality, the vast majority of your training is on, and you are getting plenty of rest, a couple of meals a week are not going to make that much difference in the long run. I'd say you can rest easy.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 12-19-2007 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHouse View Post
    Dave Tate told Vincent and I, that he was allowed 1 cheat meal per week on his cut. As long as he kept eating, he could eat whatever and as much as he wanted. He said one meal, he had over 6000 calories. When he got full, he lined up raisins on the table and ate them, one at a time, until he got hungry again to eat. It's a cheat meal. That's the point of it. Do what you will.
    Yeah, I guess that's what works for him. I'm not a big junk-food eater anyways, so it's not that big of a deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Not everyone gets a kick out of depriving themselves.

My ex was at his most ripped when he ate a 8oz brownie every day...2 x a week is fine for a cheat meal is fine - especially if it's not a binge.
    Some people like to have that everyday. That's not my thing. I just said if he was eating clean. What works for one person, might not work for another. I just said it was my preference.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkall2003 View Post
    Yeah, I guess that's what works for him. I'm not a big junk-food eater anyways, so it's not that big of a deal to me.

Some people like to have that everyday. That's not my thing. I just said if he was eating clean. What works for one person, might not work for another. I just said it was my preference.
    If you're getting where you want to be, by all means, don't screw with it. The wheel works, no need to re-invent it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHouse View Post
    If you're getting where you want to be, by all means, don't screw with it. The wheel works, no need to re-invent it, right?
    Right. I have friends that eat four or five double cheeseburgers everyday for lunch to gain weight. I don't advocate eating like that, but he's eating just that for lunch and he can barely get past 159 pounds. I say, cheat if you want. My goal is ultimate health. That means perfect blood pressure, standing heart rate below 55, below 10% bodyfat. Everyone has their own goals and once I figure out what works for me I'll maybe cheat a little more here and there. Until then, though, I'm going to do what I have to do to get where I want to be.

Good luck to everyone.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

If you eat 49 meals per week and 1 or 2 of them are 'treats', that doesnt seem bad to me.

Just be careful about not going overboard with the calories during a cheat meal. I tried to cut back in November-December by eating 1800 calories on weekdays and 2500 on weekend days. I ended up throwing on 5 pounds because my 2500 days sometimes wandered into the realm of 4000+ (one day I ate two packets of instant oatmeal, had two peanut butter sandwiches, went out for chinese and had two meat eggrolls, an entire platter of lemon chicken, then washed it down with an entire box of apple turnovers and a quarter liter of haggan-daas. NOT 2500 calories.)

I'm trying again with 'less than 2000' and 'less than 3000' on the weekend, and tracking a hell of a lot more carefully.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

Banned
    It shouldnt be a problem.