The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Attaching Handles to Ace Briefs

My training partners and I are having an insanely hard time getting my ace briefs on and in position and I was wondering if it was possible to attach some sort of handle to them? Suits usually have straps which serve the same purpose, but just some form of strong cloth attached at either side near the waist to help pull them up.

First of all I am not sure if they will wreck the integrity of the briefs in any way, so if anyone knows or has experience with this their input would be greatly appreciated. If it is possible, what kind of cloth and stitching would you suggest?

FYI I already wear compression shorts underneath so they slide up easier.

Thanks for the help!
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

you already wear suit slippers and STILL have trouble getting them on? thats nuts! i'm no help on this subject, but i've never heard of anyone doing this.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Vice grips have been something I've seen.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

I second the Vice Grips. You could also get some stronger training partners haha.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    WE hook our suits/briefs on a bench,rack,bar and hang and kick...

God, powerlifters do some of the weirdest ****.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

I have talked about attatching handles with the wife, but I found another way to get them on. I use slippers of course, but when I pull them on I straddle a bar and gently sit down while working the legs up. Be careful not to crush your jewels, but this slides them right up. I doubt yours are any tighter than mine, it took me about 30mins to get mine completly on with slippers. Now i can get them on in about 10 minutes. For the suit I just wrap the straps around a bar and jump into it, kicking my legs, takes about a minute.

You can put the bar about crotch level in a power rack.
    sponsored by Anderson powerlifting (Titan gear) AtLarge nutrition and APT prowriststraps

How sad do you have to be to lie to people on the internet. How weak or broken do you have to be to lie about how tough you are, how much you lift or how big or lean you are? You are lying to people you will never meet. The worst part is your the only one that does not see the lies show through so clearly. Just be happy with what you have, it may not be what you once had, but it is still better than many will ever have

Quote Originally Posted by Hatred View Post
    WE hook our suits/briefs on a bench,rack,bar and hang and kick...

God, powerlifters do some of the weirdest ****.
    I was going to say this would work with a suit, but briefs have no straps.
    Quote Originally Posted by elitepler View Post
    I have talked about attatching handles with the wife, but I found another way to get them on. I use slippers of course, but when I pull them on I straddle a bar and gently sit down while working the legs up. Be careful not to crush your jewels, but this slides them right up. I doubt yours are any tighter than mine, it took me about 30mins to get mine completly on with slippers. Now i can get them on in about 10 minutes. For the suit I just wrap the straps around a bar and jump into it, kicking my legs, takes about a minute.

You can put the bar about crotch level in a power rack.
    Awesome idea, I will certainly try that. I really don't feel mine are all that tight it is just getting them up the last inch or so that is killer.

Once again thanks for the ideas brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeYield View Post
    Vice grips have been something I've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    I second the Vice Grips. You could also get some stronger training partners haha.
    I will look into these as well. Thanks.

Lol at the stronger training partner, I don't know how he will feel about that.
    Last edited by Sidior; 12-20-2007 at 05:23 PM.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidior View Post
    I was going to say this would work with a suit, but briefs have no straps.
    You don't need straps.

Just position a catch on a squat rack high enough to take the front of the briefs, hold em there with your hand and just let yourself hang. They go right on.. (well not RIGHT on but it's a hell of a lot of force.)
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Baby powder helps too. I do what Hatred said with my briefs and it works well. I actually hang off the handle of some weird machine(I think it's a glute machine). It's not fair to your training partners to rely on them to be yanking on your briefs every session. I think you should be able to get in your gear with little help.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Banned
    Two training partners and have them pull you up in the air while you kick around, LOL...At least thats what I've...um...seen a friend do...yeah that's it

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
    Two training partners and have them pull you up in the air while you kick around, LOL...At least thats what I've...um...seen a friend do...yeah that's it
    I typically get the atomic wedgie to get mine on and seated right. This seems easier on the partners if I hang from a chinup bar.
    I have considered buying them some work gloves for their troubles, however.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

Well I have been using Hatred's idea with great success to get the briefs on. I pull them on and then hang from the catch of the squat rack and they slide right up. The only problem is that they get stuck about 1" lower on the backside then I would like. I am presuming that there should be no slack near the butt yet no matter how much hanging or pulling I do there always seems to be a little bit of slack. It almost looks like a diaper. Is this normal for the Ace Briefs? If not any idea on how to get that last little bit up would be appreciated.

I suck with the briefs lol.
    Last edited by Sidior; 01-21-2008 at 07:34 PM.

You can inflate a ball in the tightest parts of the legs and stretch them to give yourself a little more room. You don't want that "poopie diaper" look in the seat of briefs or suit. Btw...I usually just use my ACE suit straps down as briefs. It's loose without briefs under and there's no trouble getting them up but there's still plenty of support.

Quote Originally Posted by JimMcD View Post
    You can inflate a ball in the tightest parts of the legs and stretch them to give yourself a little more room. You don't want that "poopie diaper" look in the seat of briefs or suit. Btw...I usually just use my ACE suit straps down as briefs. It's loose without briefs under and there's no trouble getting them up but there's still plenty of support.
    Thanks for the info. If I had been smart I think I would have gone that route, unfortunately I am stuck with the briefs.

Wannabebig Member
    i attach nylon straps to my briefs just long enuff to wrap around the bar on the rack and I slide in liek that,,, Just need a strong sewing machine and sew them to the top waist line 2 in front 2 in back, this also works well for adjusting them when you got your suit ontop of them as well...

CT