The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

how long does it take to form a habit?

so here i am again for the about the 15th time, frustrated that im not gaining any weight, so im going to try fitday, again. It seems I always can do it for maybe a week or so, but then i always seem to start missing a few days, then give it up altogether, i cant seem to ever make this into a habit. this got me to thinking, how long does it usually take for something to become habit? or is there even a timetable, is it something that can happen in a week or a year? i think this is a struggle people that want to get into weightlifting have, they dont stick with it long enough to become comfortable with it as part of their everyday life. I think this is the most important part of weightlifting, getting yourself to lift, or do your cardio, or take your supplements, or whatever day in and day out.

I think 11 weeks. If i can fitday for 11 weeks, i imagine that at that point it will stop being a hassle for me everyday
    CONSISTANT EFFORT is more important than any formula for success

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Dude. Eat more. Eat a lot. Always be eating. Eat so much that you want to puke and then eat some more. You're not eating enough. If you do Fitday, keep upping your calories by 500 a week until you start gaining weight...then go at it like a hungry bear. If you find it hard to eat that much, force yourself anyway...want it more than anything. Eat like a hungry, ravenous shark that hasn't eaten for a week. Stop bitching and start eating...a lot.

Consistency is key. Quit stopping and then complaining that you stopped. You have to make gaining weight a priority. Nobody else can make you gain weight except yourself. You have full control over the outcome of your physique. Eat. Stop bitching. Stay consistent. Be eating all the time. Buy a big effing bag of assorted nuts and munch on them all day long.

Don't procrastinate. Start NOW. Start now and don't stop. Don't give up. Get your ass in the kitchen and go eat something.

How do you think fat people got fat? Do you think they know something special that you don't? No. They're eating all the ****ing time. Follow in their steps if you want to gain weight. Almost 70% of this country is overweight or obese. Are you trying to say 70% of the population are better at gaining weight than you? Eat man. For the love of all things good on this earth, stuff your face like there's no tomorrow. Then repeat the next day.
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 12-24-2007 at 07:12 PM.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

It takes 21 days to form a new habit.

just throw an extra protein shake into your regular diet (that is if you are stable at your weight.) do that for 6 weeks and if that doesn't work make your shake with milk rather than water... then blend it with PB... etc...
    Sarvamangalam!

Not somuch is this lifestyle a "habit", but just that, a way of life. As to how long it will take you, I"m not sure. Myself, I just keep watching vids of my fav bbers and keep fresh, positive thoughts regarding my training in my head. Find a couple sources of motivation, and you will then be able to do whatever is necessary, fitday or otherwise, to achieve 235.
    Last edited by SW; 12-24-2007 at 08:11 PM.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN View Post
    Dude. Eat more. Eat a lot. Always be eating. Eat so much that you want to puke and then eat some more. You're not eating enough. If you do Fitday, keep upping your calories by 500 a week until you start gaining weight...then go at it like a hungry bear. If you find it hard to eat that much, force yourself anyway...want it more than anything. Eat like a hungry, ravenous shark that hasn't eaten for a week. Stop bitching and start eating...a lot.

Consistency is key. Quit stopping and then complaining that you stopped. You have to make gaining weight a priority. Nobody else can make you gain weight except yourself. You have full control over the outcome of your physique. Eat. Stop bitching. Stay consistent. Be eating all the time. Buy a big effing bag of assorted nuts and munch on them all day long.

Don't procrastinate. Start NOW. Start now and don't stop. Don't give up. Get your ass in the kitchen and go eat something.

How do you think fat people got fat? Do you think they know something special that you don't? No. They're eating all the ****ing time. Follow in their steps if you want to gain weight. Almost 70% of this country is overweight or obese. Are you trying to say 70% of the population are better at gaining weight than you? Eat man. For the love of all things good on this earth, stuff your face like there's no tomorrow. Then repeat the next day.
    That was beautiful scrarz, so much emotion.
    Goal: Set a deadlift provincial record in mens junior.

i piss excellence
    lol nice! stuff your face.

Sounds very JM Blakely (Big Boy's Menu) like...
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

... weightlifting forever leetuck's Avatar
    I've put on a decent amount of weight over the last 12 months (about 50 lbs) and my base everyday is 6 pints of milk, 2 eggs and 2 protein shakes. I think thats in the region of about 2600 cals a day. Couple that with some decent meals and you should be quids in.

It's easy to drink the cals....
    Lee

Height: 6ft 4
    Current weight: 226 lbs

How do you think fat people got fat? Do you think they know something special that you don't? No. They're eating all the ****ing time.

That goes in my sig. That's just awesome.