The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

New to the scene - advice appreciated

I'm 6ft 6, weighing currently around 240lbs. I'm not well built, nor am I fat - I have an average body with extremely skinny arms in comparison.

My aim is to build the arms and chest up while toning my stomach. I have recently bought a set of dumbells and one of those electro body toners in an attempt to begin toning and building before I begin to use a gym.

I have begun cutting out high intakes of carbo/fats and have just began to take creatine capsules and amino acid supplements in tablet form.

Any advice on where I should go from here?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Throw away the stomach-toner-gizmo and get a membership to a gym. "Toning" before going to the gym is going to get you nowhere. Don't be afraid about looking like a newbie and just get in there and work out! Everyone has to start somewhere. Go to the Journals or Training sections and see what other more experienced lifters are doing. If you look around you'll find about 35,000,000 different weight lifting routines and at least as many different diets.

You're on the right track as far as cutting down your carbs and fats, but remember that some of both are necessary for muscle growth and normal bodily function.
    teh ownz joo all 4 free! if joo don't like it, you is teh GHEY!
    -Voodazz

Wannabebig Member
    To be fair to the gismo though, it's made a visible difference to my chest in the first week or so that I've used it - you guys think it's of no benefit at all?
    Weight: 250lbs
    Height: 6ft 6

Goals: Lose my beer gut and build up my arms & chest!!!

I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone who says those machines work (other than the people selling them, of course).
    teh ownz joo all 4 free! if joo don't like it, you is teh GHEY!
    -Voodazz

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by Totality
    To be fair to the gismo though, it's made a visible difference to my chest in the first week or so that I've used it - you guys think it's of no benefit at all?
    ...minimal if anything. Your progress is more likely from the dumbells. In the beginning you will gain strength/mass easily.
    Make time to eat!