Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: 495 Max Bench Press

  1. #1
    NASA KY CHAIRMAN NASAKYCHAIRMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GREAT BLUEGRASS STATE
    Posts
    1,158

    495 Max Bench Press

    Bench press Workout: 405, 455, 475 & 495 @ body weight 218
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=231W0y9RwYM

    TRAIN HARD

    "BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    www.atlargenutrition.com


    GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?
    Last edited by NASAKYCHAIRMAN; 01-04-2008 at 06:24 AM.

  2. #2
    dedicated & disciplined
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    tulsa ok
    Posts
    112
    Awesome lifts man. Youre an absolute animal. Looks like you had plenty in the tank for more.
    Current: 34 yrs. old 5'10.5'' 192 lbs.
    Goals: 195 lbs. 12% bf by dec.09'
    Long term goal: 225 lbs. 10-12% bf
    Best Lifts bench:355 11/10/08 Deadlift:475 5/5/08
    Squat:395 5/6/08.......Total:1225 RAW
    Goals: 1275 total by Dec 09'
    Long term goal: 1500 RAW

    videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=emilyjeremy1

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    1,451
    awesome lifts bro.
    yell at the spotter to keep his hands away (i think i heard you tell him)
    have you broke the 500 mark, its just a few pennies away. i would have been tempted to just through on a 2.5

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    12,251
    rediculously strong!
    2000 or bust

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,324
    Nice work!

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    1,451
    question for you
    how old were you when you hit 315, then 405 then 495 or how many years did it take you between 45lb plates

  7. #7
    Breaker of Skulls Guido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    40N 88W
    Posts
    11,316
    Quote Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    question for you
    how old were you when you hit 315, then 405 then 495 or how many years did it take you between 45lb plates
    I'd be curious to know that, too. Also, how much did you weigh when you broke all of those marks?
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1


    My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

    "Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

  8. #8
    Senior Member jtteg_x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    1,993
    pure man strength. great work!

  9. #9
    I sleep with pizza Rusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nobleton, Ontario
    Posts
    610
    You are one strong mofo!
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHouse View Post
    "Any man under 200lbs is a woman." -Matt Rhodes

  10. #10
    Team Chesticles! Unholy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,880
    Great lifts man! A little bouncy at the bottom but super impressive non the less.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

    At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

  11. #11
    NASA KY CHAIRMAN NASAKYCHAIRMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GREAT BLUEGRASS STATE
    Posts
    1,158
    Quote Originally Posted by live2lift View Post
    Awesome lifts man. Youre an absolute animal. Looks like you had plenty in the tank for more.
    Thanks a lot,

    TRAIN HARD

    "BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    www.atlargenutrition.com
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=NASAKYCHAIRMAN


    GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

  12. #12
    NASA KY CHAIRMAN NASAKYCHAIRMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GREAT BLUEGRASS STATE
    Posts
    1,158
    Quote Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    awesome lifts bro.
    yell at the spotter to keep his hands away (i think i heard you tell him)
    have you broke the 500 mark, its just a few pennies away. i would have been tempted to just through on a 2.5
    My trainer partner overreacted a little.

    I plan to do 500 this year.

    Thanks a lot,

    TRAIN HARD

    "BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    www.atlargenutrition.com
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=NASAKYCHAIRMAN



    GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

  13. #13
    NASA KY CHAIRMAN NASAKYCHAIRMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GREAT BLUEGRASS STATE
    Posts
    1,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumprrp View Post
    rediculously strong!
    Thanks a lot,

    TRAIN HARD

    "BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    www.atlargenutrition.com
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=NASAKYCHAIRMAN


    GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

  14. #14
    NASA KY CHAIRMAN NASAKYCHAIRMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GREAT BLUEGRASS STATE
    Posts
    1,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
    Nice work!
    Thanks a lot,

    TRAIN HARD

    "BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    www.atlargenutrition.com
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=NASAKYCHAIRMAN


    GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

  15. #15
    NASA KY CHAIRMAN NASAKYCHAIRMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GREAT BLUEGRASS STATE
    Posts
    1,158
    Quote Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    question for you
    how old were you when you hit 315, then 405 then 495 or how many years did it take you between 45lb plates
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    I'd be curious to know that, too. Also, how much did you weigh when you broke all of those marks?
    I started competing in 1994 @ 24 years of age. I weighed 160 & bench press 320 unequipped in a contest.

    In 1997, I unequipped bench press 405 @ 27 years of age in a bench press meet. I weighed 170.

    In 2005, I unequipped bench press 475 @ 35 years of age in the gym. I weighed 215

    In 2007, I unequipped bench press 495 @ 37 years of age in the gym. I weighed 218.

    The time & weight is as accurate as I can remember


    TRAIN HARD

    "BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    www.atlargenutrition.com
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=NASAKYCHAIRMAN


    GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

  16. #16
    NASA KY CHAIRMAN NASAKYCHAIRMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GREAT BLUEGRASS STATE
    Posts
    1,158
    Quote Originally Posted by jtteg_x View Post
    pure man strength. great work!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    You are one strong mofo!

    Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    Great lifts man! A little bouncy at the bottom but super impressive non the less.
    Thanks a lot,

    TRAIN HARD

    "BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    www.atlargenutrition.com
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=NASAKYCHAIRMAN


    GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by NASAKYCHAIRMAN View Post
    I started competing in 1994 @ 24 years of age. I weighed 160 & bench press 320 unequipped in a contest.

    In 1997, I unequipped bench press 405 @ 27 years of age in a bench press meet. I weighed 170.

    In 2005, I unequipped bench press 475 @ 35 years of age in the gym. I weighed 215

    In 2007, I unequipped bench press 495 @ 37 years of age in the gym. I weighed 218.

    The time & weight is as accurate as I can remember
    thats just awesome especially the 85lbs in 3 years from 320-405 with only 10 lbs gained.
    im trying that but its been real slow for me, like ten years,
    any advice you can look back and give for putting on more plates since you've been there and done that.

  18. #18
    NASA KY CHAIRMAN NASAKYCHAIRMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GREAT BLUEGRASS STATE
    Posts
    1,158
    Quote Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    thats just awesome especially the 85lbs in 3 years from 320-405 with only 10 lbs gained.
    im trying that but its been real slow for me, like ten years,
    any advice you can look back and give for putting on more plates since you've been there and done that.
    Several factors helped my bench press:
    1. Good consistant nutrition
    2. Added good muscle mass
    3. More variety in bench press exercises
    4. Increasing recuperation
    5. A lot more rest
    6. Time

    It sounds simple, but it's the truth

    TRAIN HARD

    "BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    www.atlargenutrition.com
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=NASAKYCHAIRMAN


    GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

  19. #19
    Wannabebig New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by NASAKYCHAIRMAN View Post
    Several factors helped my bench press:
    1. Good consistant nutrition
    2. Added good muscle mass
    3. More variety in bench press exercises
    4. Increasing recuperation
    5. A lot more rest
    6. Time
    You seem very motivated and I like that. Awesome bench press. I weigh 225 and I'm curr maxed at 295. Can you give me an idea of how you normally train your bench w/respect to reps/timing.
    I usually:

    chest/back
    shldr/arms
    legs
    off
    repeat.

    When you say increase recup, how long?
    Last edited by taxed2much; 01-10-2008 at 12:39 AM.

  20. #20
    NASA KY CHAIRMAN NASAKYCHAIRMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GREAT BLUEGRASS STATE
    Posts
    1,158
    Quote Originally Posted by taxed2much View Post
    You seem very motivated and I like that. Awesome bench press. I weigh 225 and I'm curr maxed at 295. Can you give me an idea of how you normally train your bench w/respect to reps/timing.
    I usually:

    chest/back
    shldr/arms
    legs
    off
    repeat.When you say increase recup, how long?
    I'm working on an article that explains it all. Hopefully, I'll have it finish by Friday or Monday.

    TRAIN HARD

    "BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    www.atlargenutrition.com
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=NASAKYCHAIRMAN


    GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

Similar Threads

  1. Powerlifting Terminology
    By Sensei in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 04:03 PM
  2. Tell me what you think
    By Gutz981 in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-23-2005, 12:41 AM
  3. Please tell me what ya think
    By Gutz981 in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 06:46 PM
  4. Christian Thibaudeau's OVT Phase I
    By silles in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 09:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •