The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Big concern. Need very smart advice.

Ok in april I had a compound fracture (bones came out the skin) on my lower right leg..it was really bad. Now I broke both bones and have a rod holding the bigger one which has fully healed. but the small bone has still got hair line cracks but doctors told me it only supports 2% of your BODY weight (not barbell weight). But none the less I have been back on squats for about 4 months..my last numbers were 280 for a set of 3. But the past couple of weeks my leg has really been hurting and i'm thinking it's because the other bone isn't fully healed. Should I push through it and keep adding weight at a moderate level, stay where i'm at, back down the weight some, quit back squats and switch to other movements for a period of time? I finally got a release letter form the doctors in october and really don't wanna go back just to get some word on this so any one experienced got some good advice for me?
    Last edited by left hook; 01-07-2008 at 09:20 PM.
    January 07-164 pounds
    *Bulking*
    Deccember 07 - 225 pounds

June 08 - 205
    *Currently Cutting*
    Goal-190

November 08-238 pounds
    *Bulking till January 1st*

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    I would take a week or so off of the leg work and see if the pain subsides, It is kind of odd for the fracture to still be there this long so it may be something else.

CT

Yea but I almost lost my leg.. they couldn't even pull my boots off cause my bottom leg would have came with it. They told me the smaller one would take longer cause the separation and space between the ends of the broken bone was so far apart still.
    January 07-164 pounds
    *Bulking*
    Deccember 07 - 225 pounds

June 08 - 205
    *Currently Cutting*
    Goal-190

November 08-238 pounds
    *Bulking till January 1st*

God man, why even risk it? Contrary to what people say, you don't have to back squat. Personally, I have serious lower back issues. Any direct stress on my lower spine (like from back squats, good mornings or even leg press) causes me to have extreme headaches. On top of that, I have broken two vertebrae in my lower spine, so doing these exercises is just asking for trouble. Is it really worth getting seriously and perhaps even permanently injured? Let your body heal properly before you start pushing it. Your older self will thank you for it.