The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

TFXP-Zeke01's Journal...CKD diet

Current stats:
    Back in the gym from a 5 year layoff due to LAZINESS!tuttut
    25 yr's old
    226LB(down from my starting weight of 238LB)
    Good build from my previous years of lifting and a physical job. I hope to have some pics maybe this weekend of my, still, chunky self! As I progress, I'll try and post more pics. I don't have a digital camera, so a disposable will have to do, I guess.

Monday

Diet: Working with the diet trying to figure out my calories, protein, carb, and fat.

Supplements used today: 10 gr Glutamine, 2 multi-vitamins, 4 Xenadrine, HGH spray

Meal 1: 4 whole eggs
    1 stick of string cheese
    1 TBSP Olive Oil

Meal 2: 3 whole eggs
    1 TBSP Flax

Meal 3: 3.5 oz 85% lean hamburger
    1/4 cup walnuts(YUCK!!!! )
    1 slice Kraft whole cheese

Meal 4: 1 Met-Rx bar(no more of these)
    1/2 TBSP Flax
    1 TBSP Olive Oil

Post workout: 2 scoops Designer Protein
    2 TBSP whip cream(misunderstood and got whip cream instead of "whipping cream"..got the real stuff now )
    1 TBSP Flax

Meal 5: 4 oz 85% hamburger
    1 stick string cheese
    1 TBSP Flax
    1/2 TBSP Olive Oil

Workout: Quads and hams

Squat: 3x6-8 reps

Leg extension: 2x6-8 reps

Stiff leg deadlifts: 3x6-8 reps

Leg curls: 2x6-8 reps

I had a good workout and was very sore Tuesday morning!
    Last edited by TFXP-Zeke01; 03-13-2002 at 09:24 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    Tuesday

Diet: Still working out my meal patterns and experimenting with different foods while keeping fats at around 60% total caloric intake, protein around 38%, and carbs around 2%. This is a figure pulled outa my ass, but it looks pretty close to me...

Supplements used: 10g Glutamine, 2 multi-vitamin, 4 Xenadrine, some HGH spray( DON'T LAUGH, I'm experimenting to see how bogus this stuff is! )

1 stick string cheese
    1 TBSP Olive Oil

Meal 2: 6 oz chicken
    1 pc Kraft whole cheese
    1 TBSP Flax
    1 TBSP Olive Oil

Meal 3: 3oz 85% hamburger
    1 pc cheese, Kraft
    3 whole eggs

Meal 4: 1 can Tuna
    1/4 Walnuts
    2 TBSP Flax

Meal 5: 3 oz Hamburger, 85%
    2 pc bacon
    1 pc Kraft Cheese
    1 TBSP Olive Oil
    1/2 TBSP Flax

NOTE: I went to high on my caloric intake! I think around 2600 cals for that do with NO weight training or cardio. I couldn't do cardio because my legs were SO SORE! I backed down the calories for Wed......

Workout: NONE, NADA, ZILCH! No cardio because quads were SORE, SORE..........

Wannabebig Member
    Wed.

Diet: I did better today in my diet. Still low on carbs, which is good, and high on fats. Protein is moderate to stay within caloric zone. I shoot for around 2200 cals.

Supplements used today: 10 gr Glutamine, 2 multivitamin, 4 Xenadrine, HGH spray.....

1 piece of cheese, Kraft(ran out of string cheese)
    1 TBSP Olive Oil

Meal 2: 3 whole eggs
    1 TBSP Flax

Meal 3: 3 oz Hamburger, 85% lean
    1 pc Kraft cheese
    1 TBSP Flax

Meal 4: 1 can Tuna, plain
    1/4 cup Walnuts(I can't eat it anymore...makes me nausiated and breaking out my mouth...I guess I'm allegic to them)
    1 TBSP Olive Oil
    1 TBSP Flax

Post workout: 2 scoops designer protein
    2 TBSP whip cream
    1 TBSP Flax

Meal 5: 3.75 oz Hamburger, 85% lean
    2 pc bacon
    1 pc cheese, Kraft
    1 TBSP Olive Oil

NOTE: I was a tad over on cals after figuring my "Post-Workout" drink; yet I had a busy day at work and had a strenous workout; so don't think my body had any problem assimilating the extra cals!

Workout: Back/Bi's and Abs

Barbel Rows: 3x6-8 reps

Hammer Strength Hi row: 2x 6-8 reps

Hammer Strength Row: 2x 6-8 reps

Hyper Ext.: 2x15

Barbel curl: 3x 6-8

Hammer Curl: 2x 6-8 reps

Crunch on ab machine: 2x 50 reps

Leg lifts(lower abs): 2x 25

NOTE: Had a GREAT workout and actually picked up some strength that I thought I would've lost. I give the credit to the "HGH experimental spray"!! *sarcasim* I actually gained about 2 reps with the same weight used as last week. I think this is odd because of my strenous low carb diet. OH WELL, I just hope the gains continue and the fat burns off!

Wannabebig Member
    I should also add that I'm just starting back lifting with a "5 year" layoff; so this STRENOUS dieting and beginning lifting is really taking a toll on me; yet I seem to be gaining strength. I must be doing something right!

I joined the gym about 3 weeks ago and been dieting ever since and am down from 238LB's to around 226LB's now. I can actually start wearing my belt again and it feels great... I'm shooting for visible abs like I used to have when I was in GREAT shape years ago. I'm definitely pusing on.............

All the best to ya. Keep up the posting.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo