Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: South Carolina Republican Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Brawl View Post
    Somebody said they heard a live interview with Huckabee and he wanted to ban MMA events like UFC ... if thats so I'd never vote for his a$$ .
    Nothing like having politicians telling us how to live our lives and what is good for us. Just wait till we have socialized medicine, positive for gear, coverage denied, your a BB with 8% BF but your BMI is obese, coverage denied. If you are a BB and vote for any democrat you need your head examined and Huckabee is on crack and so is McCain. McCain called UFC -- human cockfighting and he has tried to clean up boxing by gov't control. We are F'd which ever way you look. At least with RP he doesn't want to control you.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    Nothing like having politicians telling us how to live our lives and what is good for us. Just wait till we have socialized medicine, positive for gear, coverage denied, your a BB with 8% BF but your BMI is obese, coverage denied. If you are a BB and vote for any democrat you need your head examined and Huckabee is on crack and so is McCain. McCain called UFC -- human cockfighting and he has tried to clean up boxing by gov't control. We are F'd which ever way you look. At least with RP he doesn't want to control you.
    Civil liberties and the war are two huge factors for me and others in this campaign. If RP isn't on the ticket I will be certainly voting Obama as I'd take the tax hike in exchange for civil rights and an end to pointless violence.
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

"A life unexamined is not worth living"- Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyK View Post
    Civil liberties and the war are two huge factors for me and others in this campaign. If RP isn't on the ticket I will be certainly voting Obama as I'd take the tax hike in exchange for civil rights and an end to pointless violence.
    I don't even think that Obama is going to make things worse than McCain economically. With McCain, we're spending $200(?) billion/y on the war, and maybe saving $50 billion/y domestically. That's $150 billion in favor of Obama, plus we get to keep civil liberties.

And maybe the Republicans will cut taxes, but they never cut spending, so we're either looking at inflating the debt or paying for it up front. I'd rather the latter.

(Plus, for those of us in college or going to grad school, we might get some use of the extra spending from Obama. He's big on making education cheaper, so it might be one of those few times government spending actually improves my life)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawl View Post
    Somebody said they heard a live interview with Huckabee and he wanted to ban MMA events like UFC ... if thats so I'd never vote for his a$$ .
    **** Huckabee then.

Quote Originally Posted by nejar462 View Post
    http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...ict_admits.htm

Is this a believable website? To me its certainly a believable story.

HE outraises all other republicans, wins the majority of straw polls, ALL of the online polls, and he gets 8% in NH? Thats a libertarian state voting less for him than Iowa did. Isn't anyone at least a little suspicious?

There is something fishy. However, I try not to be a conspiracy theorist and would like someone to help confirm how viable this article is.
    Prison Planet is NOT a reputable source. They are incredibly slanted BUT every so often they get a news story that ends up true. I admire their trying to defend civil liberties but they do more to hurt the cause than help it in most cases. The percentages that RP has been getting have been consistent with the Zogby, Harris, and Rasmussen polls so I don't think there's any voter fraud going on and I find it a cop out that keeps people's attention off of the mistakes done during the campaign or deeper factors within our culture/society.

Ron Paul isn't going to win the nomination solely because the media does not want him to. The government also does not want him to and then are incredibly intertwined with the media. The grassroots campaign was almost perfect, the candidate had integrity never seen before in modern politics, and the message was as viral as could be. If Ron Paul was unable to win then no true advocate of liberty will be able to win (or even come close) in the current conditions.

Government will grow and nothing can stop it but its own collapse. Ironically the first true experiment in modern political freedom has ended up with the largest government the planet has ever experienced. It almost seems natural that the countries that start off with more laissez-faire economics will end up with a large government to leach off that behemoth of an economy.

I'm hoping we see a big collapse soon with the decline of the dollar, record-high debt, and overall dissatisfaction with the government.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by d'Anconia View Post
    Ron Paul isn't going to win the nomination solely because the media does not want him to. .

Umm no. Ron Paul is not going to win the nomination because the majority of his supporters tend to be fringe groups. Not all to be sure, but most. There just aren't enough votes in those groups to boost him. As for the media it does NOT control the votes of the average Joe as George Bush's re-election clearly showed.

Quote Originally Posted by Songsangnim View Post
    Umm no. Ron Paul is not going to win the nomination because the majority of his supporters tend to be fringe groups. Not all to be sure, but most. There just aren't enough votes in those groups to boost him. As for the media it does NOT control the votes of the average Joe as George Bush's re-election clearly showed.
    Ya, I guess everyone on the Internet and all the people that donated money helping him raise more money then any other candidate in teh 4th quarter are the fringe of society. How is the housing market in S. Korea, people may start emigrating from the US instead of imigrating to it.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

It doesn't matter who votes, it only matters who counts the votes. Pretty cynical but carries some truth.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Please cite some statistics showing that the majority of RP supporters are the fringe of society? The vast majority of fellow RP supporters I've encountered are not what I'd consider "fringe" at all.

John Kerry had no stances on the war which was a big issue. The media attacked this vehemently, saying that he wouldn't leave Iraq either. Plus 9/11 was still fresh in people's minds at the time so people were still buying in to the witch hunt.
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

John Kerry had no stances on the war which was a big issue.
    What?

After Having Bush in office it's beyond me why any person would vote for Huckabee.

I would love for Ron Paul to get it, but it won't happen-too many influential ppl with money don't want him.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    After Having Bush in office it's beyond me why any person would vote for Huckabee.

I would love for Ron Paul to get it, but it won't happen-too many influential ppl with money don't want him.
    I feel the same way with Romney.

I think McCain is legitimately different on fiscal policy, and Obama is legitimately different on domestic/social policy.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Ya, I guess everyone on the Internet and all the people that donated money helping him raise more money then any other candidate in teh 4th quarter are the fringe of society.

Look at the difference between Internet support and actual support. He's what...4th or 5th in the race for the nomination? Nor did I say "everyone"...if you are going to argue a point I raised, argue the actual point, instead of putting words in my mouth and then pretending that's what I said.

How is the housing market in S. Korea, people may start emigrating from the US instead of imigrating to it.
    WHAT? What has this to do with ANYTHING I said in this thread? Stay on topic please.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 01-20-2008 at 05:59 PM.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Please cite some statistics showing that the majority of RP supporters are the fringe of society? The vast majority of fellow RP supporters I've encountered are not what I'd consider "fringe" at all.

Ron Paul has himself admitted that a large number of his supporters are from fringe groups. Many journalists have pointed this out as well. As for statistics one needs only look at the polling numbers. It would seem that the mainstream population intends to vote for the front runners, while only a tiny percentage votes for Ron Paul.

Also look at the difference between his Internet numbers and actual polling numbers. Many fringe groups tend to be quite Internet savvy in terms of getting their message across. Ron Paul has the biggest difference of all the canadiates I've seen. Moreover his publications and what were in them, would turn off most mainstream supporters whilst attracting fringe groups.

If he WERE attracting the mainstream...he'd be a front runner. Look at most political groups which have similar polling results. Small political groups tend to be from the fringe as you can see from a number of European countries. Le Pen(sp?) is a good example of this. The levitation party (in Canada) is another.

Now I am not saying all RP supporters are people in fringe groups, far from it. But based on the available evidence, it would seem that they are in the majority.

Nor are you correct about John Kerry. Do some reading.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 01-20-2008 at 06:14 PM.

As for statistics one needs only look at the polling numbers. It would seem that the mainstream population intends to vote for the front runners, while only a tiny percentage votes for Ron Paul.
    There are a lot more stupid people than intelligent people. Intelligent people are a minority.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

WHAT? What has this to do with ANYTHING I said in this thread? Stay on topic please.
    "majority of his supporters tend to be fringe groups. Not all to be sure, but most. There just aren't enough votes in those groups to boost him."

Your words and I was responding to them correctly by pointing out that majority of people on the internet support him and he raised more money 4th quarter. So why would that mean he won't get the nomination when the majority of his supporters AREN'T FRINGE.

But baiscally you are regurgitating what the media tells you to, so going by that, ya, his supporters are mostly fringe groups.

Isn't Le Pen the french guy who kicks the crap out of commies?

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    There are a lot more stupid people than intelligent people. Intelligent people are a minority.

That is true. On the other hand, in politics it does not seem to work exactly that way. One would hardly call Le Pen's or the levitation party's supporters intelligent. And given Ron Paul's publications...it's doubtful that too many intelligent people are just flocking to him...they sure don't seem to be running his campaign or PR support.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    "majority of his supporters tend to be fringe groups. Not all to be sure, but most. There just aren't enough votes in those groups to boost him."

Your words and I was responding to them correctly by pointing out that majority of people on the internet support him
    The Internet is a haven for fringe groups. And no a majority of people on the internet don't support him. First the majority of people on the internet aren't even American or know who Ron Paul is. Secondly if you are referring to online polls...a majority is 51% or more.

and he raised more money 4th quarter. So why would that mean he won't get the nomination when the majority of his supporters AREN'T FRINGE.
    Well that's your opinion and I respect that..but you have offered up nothing yet to support that.

But baiscally you are regurgitating what the media tells you to, so going by that, ya, his supporters are mostly fringe groups.

Nope, I am going by his publications and comparing the differences between the Internet and offline polling. Do some research. You will see that fringe parties typically have a higher support on the internet than off-line.

And as far as the Internet goes:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3147940

5th-8th paragraphs in particular.

PS: When I asked you what does this have to do with what we are talking about about, I was referring to your remark about South Korea, not Ron Paul. That is what I meant by staying on topic.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 01-20-2008 at 08:17 PM.

PS: When I asked you what does this have to do with what we are talking about about, I was referring to your remark about South Korea, not Ron Paul. That is what I meant by staying on topic.
    I see you live in S. Korea and was a joke that people in the USA are gonna start moving out of country since we are pretty much $crewed with whomever we get in the white house.

Nor are you correct about John Kerry. Do some reading.
    He flipped flopped on the issue numerous times. At the end he was anti-war, but people were untrustworthy of what he'd exactly do.

Hey, was the Louisiana Caucus last night? Who won?

Oh man, if you haven't heard the news you'll love this. Apparently Ron Paul was dominating. Everything was going great as he has BY FAR the most support and was the only person to campaign there. Everything was shaking up for him to take all 44 delegates, UNTIL:

January 23, 2008
    Ronald Reagan Wins Louisiana Caucus
    Posted by Nick Bradley at January 23, 2008 08:56 AM

According to the Shreveport Times, the Pro-Life/Pro-Family ticket won in all 7 districts last night. All non-Paul candidates pooled their delegates into a single delegate slate: Huck, Romney, Benito, McCain, Thompson. However, from what I've read at RonPaulForums, at least half of Paul's supporters had to cast "provisional ballots" because they registered jsut before the 30 November deadline.

And what about Reagan? Well, this is the handout for the Pro-Life/Pro-Family delegate slate; It has a photo of Ron and Nancy Reagan and says "win one for the gipper." This is a new low for the rest of the field, but it is what it is and I am not suprised one bit.

Non-Paul candidates also pooled their resources in Wyoming, where Paul was actually ahead on some of the first ballots, but supporters of the various neocon candidates pooled their support to win the county.

On the plus side:

1. The coalition delegate slate will be split 4 ways at the state convention, and Paul may have more than any one candidate.

2. Paul supposedly has most of the alternate delegate slots, most of which were uncontested. So if somebody doesn't show up or is ruled ineligible, a Paul delegate can step up.

3. If half of Paul's supporters did indeed cast provisional ballots, these results from the Shreveport times are utterly meaningless."

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    Oh man, if you haven't heard the news you'll love this. Apparently Ron Paul was dominating. Everything was going great as he has BY FAR the most support and was the only person to campaign there. Everything was shaking up for him to take all 44 delegates, UNTIL:

January 23, 2008
    Ronald Reagan Wins Louisiana Caucus
    Posted by Nick Bradley at January 23, 2008 08:56 AM

According to the Shreveport Times, the Pro-Life/Pro-Family ticket won in all 7 districts last night. All non-Paul candidates pooled their delegates into a single delegate slate: Huck, Romney, Benito, McCain, Thompson. However, from what I've read at RonPaulForums, at least half of Paul's supporters had to cast "provisional ballots" because they registered jsut before the 30 November deadline.

And what about Reagan? Well, this is the handout for the Pro-Life/Pro-Family delegate slate; It has a photo of Ron and Nancy Reagan and says "win one for the gipper." This is a new low for the rest of the field, but it is what it is and I am not suprised one bit.

Non-Paul candidates also pooled their resources in Wyoming, where Paul was actually ahead on some of the first ballots, but supporters of the various neocon candidates pooled their support to win the county.

On the plus side:

1. The coalition delegate slate will be split 4 ways at the state convention, and Paul may have more than any one candidate.

2. Paul supposedly has most of the alternate delegate slots, most of which were uncontested. So if somebody doesn't show up or is ruled ineligible, a Paul delegate can step up.

3. If half of Paul's supporters did indeed cast provisional ballots, these results from the Shreveport times are utterly meaningless."
    If this is true, why can't a major media network pick this up. You would think CNN or other liberal media that want a democrat to get in the white house would jump all over this. What I am loving is how the Clintons are piling on Obama - their hypocriacy knows no bounds.

If this is true, why can't a major media network pick this up. You would think CNN or other liberal media that want a democrat to get in the white house would jump all over this. What I am loving is how the Clintons are piling on Obama - their hypocriacy knows no bounds.
    The article was copy and pasted from lewrockwell's website. I found it up on RP's Facebook Group. Apparently it's pretty legit though nobody is saying for sure if it was all the other candidates that went about doing it or if it was Thompson's supporters looking for a new home and corraling everybody into it. Either way, this is ridiculous.