Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: South Carolina Republican Debate

I'm not sure I understand your post, Chubrock. Are you saying that Ron Paul's supporters were hindered from voting in some way?

Also, who the **** is Benito? Benito Mussolini? I'm sure he'll do well.

I'm not too familiar on how LA runs there stuff, as they have both a caucus and a primary, but from listening to a couple of people from LA talk, I've gathered the following:

Apparently the Ron Paul group weren't necessarily hindered from voting but because they registered right before the deadline, their vote wasn't originally factored in and must be added in over the next few days.

The main point really isn't about any hinderance, but simply the fact that all the other candidates pooled their delegates together and voted as a block against Ron Paul. They couldn't beat RP straight up, so they had to band together in order to stop him.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    I'm not too familiar on how LA runs there stuff, as they have both a caucus and a primary, but from listening to a couple of people from LA talk, I've gathered the following:

Apparently the Ron Paul group weren't necessarily hindered from voting but because they registered right before the deadline, their vote wasn't originally factored in and must be added in over the next few days.

One has to wonder why they waited so late to register. Seems a little funny that they'd wait right up to the deadline.

The main point really isn't about any hinderance, but simply the fact that all the other candidates pooled their delegates together and voted as a block against Ron Paul. They couldn't beat RP straight up, so they had to band together in order to stop him.
    How does this 'pooling' work? My understanding is that you vote for a candidate not against one. So did all the other delegates vote for a single candidate other than Ron Paul or what?
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 01-23-2008 at 06:57 PM.

Evidently the Caucus rules have changed 3 times in the last 6 months or so. That is the reason so many people weren't registered until right before the deadline.

As for the pooling, apparently instead of voting for individual candidates, they voted for a platform that contained all the candidates except for Ron Paul. They didn't have enough votes to beat him straight up so they had to combine votes and all voted for the same "person."

Wannabebig Member
    Evidently the Caucus rules have changed 3 times in the last 6 months or so. That is the reason so many people weren't registered until right before the deadline.

As for the pooling, apparently instead of voting for individual candidates, they voted for a platform that contained all the candidates except for Ron Paul. They didn't have enough votes to beat him straight up so they had to combine votes and all voted for the same "person."
    perfect reason for most of politic hating america, tell them all teh candidates want ron paul to lose. therefore, he must be the right guy for the job.

That's the most ****ed up thing I have ever heard. How the hell is that legal.

Quote Originally Posted by bjohnso View Post
    That's the most ****ed up thing I have ever heard. How the hell is that legal.

The Ron Paul Facebook group has several people from LA and most hung around the polls for the majority of the day. They said that the turnout was low and that everybody coming through was voting Ron Paul. According to them they saw NO support for Thompson or Mr. 9/11 and only a handful of supporters for the other campaigns. They were so confident in the win that they began posting about it on the group. They figured, and rightly so, that because no other candidate had any support that Ron Paul was going to walk away with it. Nobody was banking on a platform being formed that pooled the other votes. No one has said for sure if all the candidates were involved and there are rumors that it was meant to be in opposition to Rudy G, but I'm doubtful on those speculations. There are still quite a few provisional ballots out that SHOULD count, but obviously what should happen and what do are two different things. As for your question, I have no clue how rigging something up like that is legal.

The Ron Paul Facebook group has several people from LA and most hung around the polls for the majority of the day. They said that the turnout was low and that everybody coming through was voting Ron Paul. According to them they saw NO support for Thompson or Mr. 9/11 and only a handful of supporters for the other campaigns. They were so confident in the win that they began posting about it on the group. They figured, and rightly so, that because no other candidate had any support that Ron Paul was going to walk away with it. Nobody was banking on a platform being formed that pooled the other votes. No one has said for sure if all the candidates were involved and there are rumors that it was meant to be in opposition to Rudy G, but I'm doubtful on those speculations. There are still quite a few provisional ballots out that SHOULD count, but obviously what should happen and what do are two different things. As for your question, I have no clue how rigging something up like that is legal.
    Sounds like we need Jimmy Carter to step in and make sure the United States runs a fair election.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    Sounds like we need Jimmy Carter to step in and make sure the United States runs a fair election.
    Haha just got finished reading some more of the news.

Apparently McCain won as far as individuals go, with Ron Paul taking second. Then there is the Pro Life Group that voted as a bloc. However, it appears that some of the candidates overlapped on some of the slates and the provisionary ballots still haven't been counted.

This all sounds fishy to me, and just confirms the fact that LA has no idea what in the hell they're doing. Even the people voting have no clue what in the hell to do.

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    Hehe....hhahaha....hehaheheahHEAHEHAHEHEAHLOLOL!

Jimmeh Carta is a peanut head.